Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Are there any successful conservatives? Reply with quote

In the past 100 years, I cannot think of a conservative leader, anywhere, who has had a lasting effect. Thatcher's Britain lasted only a decade at most, and now they are worse off than before her first term. Reagan's America was even more fleeting. In Canada, property rights in the laudable Bill of Rights were done away with by Trudeau and the abominable charter. Since 1984, not one pebble of Trudeau's legacy has been disturbed, let alone smashed (as any sane people should have done). Today's Conservative politician is just as likely to laud the Trudeau legacy as any Liberal.

How many battles are lost before you concede the war has been won by the other side? Is it time to just admit defeat, go on welfare and quite paying taxes?
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would argue that Alberta in general is a primary example of what happens when you allow Conservatives to govern for a prolonged period of time.

While Stelmach is certainly undoing a lot of the good in the Province, I think you can look at the entire province as a whole as a lasting testament to Klein, Lougheed and Manning.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
I would argue that Alberta in general is a primary example of what happens when you allow Conservatives to govern for a prolonged period of time.

While Stelmach is certainly undoing a lot of the good in the Province, I think you can look at the entire province as a whole as a lasting testament to Klein, Lougheed and Manning.
Maybe, but that would make it about the only enduring outpost of conservatism in the free world.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
cosmostein wrote:

Maybe, but that would make it about the only enduring outpost of conservatism in the free world.

You will get no argument there.
joan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Are there any successful conservatives? Reply with quote

All Conservatives are successful. Conservatism is an ideology not a government. It is a way of life. Some who espouse Conservatism pervert it and misuse it and that is when we lose government control. That is why we must always be vigilant to identify errant ideas. The old saying is "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". In so far as the natural state of matter is towards corruption, everything government is vulnerable to corruption and for so long as it stays in power, it becomes more vulnerable. Organized crime has always sought to infiltrate whatever government is in power for its own interests and this is what puts Conservative governments at risk, but Conservatism itself is a constant winner, a constant victor.

Jump to: