Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Youth outreach. Reply with quote

Youth. The most impressionable and alienable group in the population. The left wing has succeeded in commanding the youth via taking over the education system and implementing brainwashing from an early age.

In order to combat this, we need to form youth outreach in major cities, but especially non-liberal cities. The reason for taking on the non-liberal cities first is to keep these cities conservative, and contain the spread of liberalism much the way communism was contained after WWII.

Here in Winnipeg, I have had the idea of forming a group to teach youth about politics for some time. This is the key to youth outreach. In brainwashing, you provide your subject with only one option, and convince them that it is the only correct option. In order to combat this brainwashing and convince people we are different from the left, we need to provide teaching not just of our own ideology, but of all ideologies in order to give youth the ability to combat brainwashing and to question what they are told, so that they may come to form their own decisions. Then, we can attempt to guide them to our ideology.

I will be approaching Steven Fletcher's office today in order to see about having them help to find space and to help with advertising the outreach program in the schools. I would like to coordinate with others to attempt to have this take place not just in Winnipeg, but all over Canada. Is there anyone else who would like to help me coordinate a transnational campaign to help introduce youth to politics?
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if brainwashing in our education system works. Most students don't really pay attention or remember what was said in class.

I think youth are inherently more left wing. People become more conservative as they age because they take on more responsibilities.

There are issues that can attract youth. Competitive sports are one. Anything competitive really. The nanny state issue is a big one. But the truth is most young people don't know or care enough about politics. I was like this. I didn't really get into politics until I was 20.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just hosted a debate between the Conservative, Liberal and NDP student clubs at my university, and only 20 people showed up.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
We just hosted a debate between the Conservative, Liberal and NDP student clubs at my university, and only 20 people showed up.

I hate to ask, but is that including the respective members of each club?

As to the larger issue, organizations like the Canadian cadet movement, or Scouts Canada, even organized sports and martial arts clubs, can all plant the seeds that grow with maturity into conservative outlooks. In cases like that, promoting values like patriotism, mutual respect, honesty, integrity, and critical thinking through example and gentle guidance are probably the best way forward.

In terms of politics, I think young people are by and large attracted to single issues and causes over formal schools of thought or ideologies. The trick is not to push an agenda or try to sneak in some ideology - just pick a particular cause with roots in conservative thought, and lead by example. Maybe start a young Entrepeneurs Club, or a Veteran's support group, a project to write a book of local history about something interesting. A youth fish and game club, or a 4H chapter, if you have that kind of background.
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, never thought I'd see so much negativity.

The fact is, politics is interesting and can be interesting to youth. Its matter of reaching out in order to give them a chance to see it. From the high schools, debate clubs and the student media are already placing their foot in the door. We just need to open it.

I was interested in politics from an early age because I was taught to question. Part of the outreach, in the advertising of it, would be some form of advertising challenging youth to question their beliefs, or be willing to have their beliefs questioned.

The fact is, not all people get more conservative as they get older. Look at university professors. Look at the Wolsely (sp?) area in Winnipeg. Heck, just look at Jack Layton and his droopy skin and then compare him to the young Stephen Harper.

The process of high school brainwashing is subtle but existent. We are taught that fascism and Nazism are far right ideologies, when they have little in common with the right wing. We are taught that their is a balance between the economy and the environment, and you have to sacrifice one or the other. We are taught in such a way that convinces us that government social programs work, even when the studies show they don't.

The fact is, if we don't reach out to the youth, they are going to vote ignorantly. I'd rather have someone vote liberal and be informed than vote conservative and be ignorant, but the fact of the matter is, ignorant people tend to vote liberal, and informed people tend to vote conservative. If you are ignorant in youth, chances are you'll be an ignorant adult, too. I've seen plenty of this growing up in a middle class area.

We either create youth outreach, or we risk the complete and total destruction of conservatism.

Ever wonder why no radio talk show hosts as far right as Rush Limbaugh exist in Canada? Its because much of what Rush Limbaugh says is actually illegal to broadcast in Canada. Not the way he says it, but literally what he says. Under the guise of political correctness, our ability to fight back is slowly being taken away, and the only way to get it back is to hit the liberals where it hurts, and that is among the youth.

We either reach out to the youth, or we might as well give up now.
fkarcha

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,

You find the idea of activism seems to be -- distasteful -- to older, established conservatives. To be honest, last years protest against the Coaltion was fluke, a fluke conservatives desperately need to repeat.

In Winnipeg, I see monthly protests by the left and far-left supporters. Conservative convention -- protested. Did we protest the Liberal, or NDP convention? Stephen Harper speaks to a conservative think take (May 19), I see flyers all over to organize a protest. Do we protest when Gary Doer speaks to the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives? No. Conservatives need to learn to practice activism in this sort of non-partisan, maximum disruption variety.

Jump to: