Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Forums Research: A Conservative Majority? Reply with quote

Quote:
Toronto, January 31st

In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1408
Canadian voters, amongst those decided and leaning, Conservative support has risen significantly and now 4 in 10 (43%) say they would support Scheer’s party if an election were held today.

http://poll.forumresearch.com/.....202018.pdf
cosmostein

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hesitant about the Atlantic Canada numbers as the Liberals have enjoyed such a massive lead in that region I am not sure I am buying that the CPC and LPC are within the MoE in reality but even if the Tories are within 10 points it likely means a few seats in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
I am hesitant about the Atlantic Canada numbers as the Liberals have enjoyed such a massive lead in that region I am not sure I am buying that the CPC and LPC are within the MoE in reality but even if the Tories are within 10 points it likely means a few seats in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

trudeau has been acting more worried than before , this town hall tour does look somewhat desperate , when was the last time we saw a PM go on a town hall tour if we've even seen such a thing before ?

although I'm not sure 2018 has been that bad for the liberals so far to justify the polling numbers forum found , they also have the greens, ndp and bloc relatively low

but the numbers for the cpc in Ontario , Quebec , Man/Sask , Alberta and BC aren't that far off from other polls which had them a few points lower , they still have the liberals leading in quebec by 24 points , if they had the cpc leading there I'd say it was crazy

the east coast numbers are dramatically different than any others that we've seen in the last few years , every poll has the liberals leading there so perhaps they over samples some cpc friendly areas like rural NB or rural NS ridings that had been tory over the years
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel this happening too. What is amazing is that this is happening in a time when the economy is quickening.

This testifies to how the public is falling away from Trudeau and his childish, over-the-top narcissism. The best you can say about Scheer is that he's not making any mistakes. But he's so slow to react, and then his reaction is so yawn-inducing that he has little impact. The leader of the opposition should be out fast with criticisms that people can understand, and which implys elements of the policy 'fix' they propose. It should build up.

Scheer is not the one to rally people behind him. But still, the conditions are ripening. The people are coming around to realize they don't want Trudeau, but it isn't clear that they want Scheer. Still, one wishes Scheer would do something to speed the process up.
cosmostein

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

Trudeau has been acting more worried than before , this town hall tour does look somewhat desperate , when was the last time we saw a PM go on a town hall tour if we've even seen such a thing before ?

I would argue that the LPCs biggest strength was Trudeau's popularity.
That popularity has taken a hit off its highs in 2016 and early 2017, by some estimations a significant hit. They need to raise public opinion of him again.

The Town Hall Tour is a creative way of almost electioneering on the taxpayer dime that the Government is able to utilize.

As to if its helping him or not;
We will see in the polls over the next few months.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just us, anymore ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new.....udeau.html

More and more people are noticing that Justin Trudeau isn't anyone you'd want to hang around with. Not much fun.

He's such a perfect representation of the buzzkill in action. Another year and the foreigners will be passing around Justin Trudeau jokes, some of 21st century Newfie jokes. And nothing makes Canadians pay attention more than Americans laughing at us.

Last edited by Bugs on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosmostein

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
It's not just us, anymore ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new.....udeau.html

Peoplekind,
Yep.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
RCO wrote:

Trudeau has been acting more worried than before , this town hall tour does look somewhat desperate , when was the last time we saw a PM go on a town hall tour if we've even seen such a thing before ?

I would argue that the LPCs biggest strength was Trudeau's popularity.
That popularity has taken a hit off its highs in 2016 and early 2017, by some estimations a significant hit. They need to raise public opinion of him again.

The Town Hall Tour is a creative way of almost electioneering on the taxpayer dime that the Government is able to utilize.

As to if its helping him or not;
We will see in the polls over the next few months.

has another PM ever done town halls mid way thru there mandate ? I don't know if I can recall any others who did , Chretien definitely did not , Martin I can't recall but doubt as he only had a minority and not much time , Harper ? don't recall him doing anything similar to what trudeau did

its clearly campaigning on the public dime , wynne is doing the same thing , holding town halls in liberal ridings in advance of the next elections , clearly using public resources to advance her own personal goals

I don't recall any Ontario premiers ever holding town hall meetings before an election before either ?
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing -- the economy is perking along, probably because of Trump. It doesn't matter, the party in power benefits. Yet Trudeau is out in the public, effectively in low-level campaign mode, and the polls are sagging. I hesitate to trust them too much, but it matches what I hear and see out and about.

I wonder if Trudeau's performance is improving things or making them worse. The way he handled himself, along with Moreau, seems to have been arrogant and deceptive. His trade position is ... at best, perplexing, and he seems to be ignoring the fact that the direction of his government has been rendered 'wrong' by the Trump success in the USA. We shouldn't be raising corporate taxes.

Given all these serious questions the public has, it's no wonder people are getting sick of Trudeau's goody-goody routine. At least some are. He doesn't address what people want to know. (Scheer doesn't either, sadly.) Trudeau's on his way to becoming a cartoon, like a reverse Pinnochio, who starts out as a boy and ends up a wooden puppet held up by strings.

Jump to: