Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Oh-oh Comey's leaked memos contained classified info! Reply with quote

Quote:
Comey’s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material
BY JOHN SOLOMON - 07/09/17 08:12 PM EDT 12,915

More than half of the memos former FBI Director James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

Comey testified last month he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a friend. He asked that friend, a lawyer at Columbia University, to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director.

“So you didn’t consider your memo or your sense of that conversation to be a government document?” Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) asked Comey on June 8. “You considered it to be, somehow, your own personal document that you could share to the media as you wanted through a friend?”
“Correct,” Comey answered. “I understood this to be my recollection recorded of my conversation with the president. As a private citizen, I thought it important to get it out.”

Comey insisted in his testimony he believed his personal memos were unclassified, though he hinted one or two documents he created might have been contained classified information.

“I immediately prepared an unclassified memo of the conversation about Flynn and discussed the matter with FBI senior leadership,” he testified about the one memo he later leaked about former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

He added, “My view was that the content of those unclassified memorialization of those conversations was my recollection recorded.”

But when the seven memos Comey wrote regarding his nine conversations with Trump about Russia earlier this year were shown to Congress in recent days, the FBI claimed all were, in fact, deemed to be government documents.

While the Comey memos have been previously reported, this is the first time there has been a number connected to the amount of memos the ex-FBI chief wrote.

Four of the memos had markings making clear they contained information classified at the secret or confidential level, according to officials directly familiar with the matter.

A spokesman for the FBI on Sunday declined to comment. [....]
http://thehill.com/policy/nati.....classified

It feels as if the worm is turning.

This must cause a few 'deep state' people some restless nights. It's not just this alone, but it is evident that Comey and Lynch are being investigated. This is part of a bureaucratic process. The memos were originally ruled to be government documents, and now they are being ruled as containing classified information.

The important thing isn't that the information itself is valuable to an enemy state. It's that it makes Comey vulnerable to prosecution. We all know how this works, don't we? They could use this charge to squeeze Comey into giving up damning pieces of evidence against those higher up in order to keep out of jail.

And that could cause some sleepless nights amongst a lot of other people.

The target, of course, has to be the Clinton Foundation and its connection with Russia!

They already have the outlines of an obstruction of justice charge to lay against Lynch if they wanted to. One wonders what could be squeezed out of her.

I could be reading this all wrong, but it looks to me as if the FBI, under its new director, has another politically sensitive investigation on his hands, this time starting with the corruption the Department of Justice itself, but which will probably ultimately lead to Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the article, but there was a statement by the guy who leaked the Comey memos to the New York Times.

He said there were eight memos, and not all of them contained classified information in it. The memo he leaked did not contain any classified material.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like this the Russian 'narrative' is going full speed ahead. Trump's successful interview with Putin was for nought.

Whoever is organizing this -- if there is such central control -- obviously had some ammunition left after the CNN fiasco. I refer to the unfortunate emails and the storm of indignation that Donald Trump Jr is enduring. Back in June 2016, just as the nomination was being locked up, He was approached about certain info that certain Russians had about Russian money going to Hillary. They had the meeting, also attended by Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner. The meeting had been booked on a false promise. Instead, the three of them were pitched by a Russian lobbyist working in Washington.

If we stand back, as Canadians, you have to admit that some force inside the bureaucracy of the US Federal government has organized a campaign of leaks against the elected President and his administration. Trump wants to drain the swamp? This is the swamp fighting back.

First of all, there seems to be a bunch of really sleazy things happening through the Clinton Foundation. Ir was important enough that Hillary set up a parallel means of communications, to escape Freedom of Infomation requests as well as normal oversight.

Second, it has corrupted the intelligence community, the Department of Justice, the FBI, and the IRS!

Third, Obama had to know. There were a few emails from Obama's alias, and we have Cheryl Mills worrying that they sent him emails that weren't from the approved system. Not only that, there's every reason to believe that Obama set up the corruption of the Department of Justice when he appointed Eric Holder, who right off the bat went off the rails by OKing the Fast & Furious scandal. His justice department found nothing unusual about the activities of the IRS when that huge scandal hit, years ago. His FBI director -- Bob Meuller -- was equally undisturbed.

To give you an example. A Canadian company that held a lot of uranium development properties was bought out by a Russian outfit. For the sale to go through, it had to be cleared by a number of US Agencies, including State Department approval. They got it, and donations flowed into the Clinton Foundation from participants in the company -- to the tune of over $100 million. This is documented.

That's how bad this is.

The Russian narrative -- to this point -- has absolutely no direct evidence to back it up and not even much circumstantial evidence.

I think there is coming a time for a showdown.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rep Introduces Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump
ROBERT DONACHIE
Finance and Health Care Reporter
3:08 PM 07/12/2017

Democratic Rep. Brad Sherman of California introduced articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump Wednesday afternoon.

Sherman’s move marks the first time in Trump’s presidency that a lawmaker has brought forth articles of impeachment against the president.

To impeach a president, the House must reach a majority consensus, which is unlikely given that Republicans have a majority.

The congressman lists Trump’s alleged pressuring of former FBI Director James Comey to drop the investigation into former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn ties to Russia as his reason for bringing forth the articles.

“In all of this, Donald John Trump has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as President and subversive of constitutional government, to the great prejudice of the cause of law and justice and to the manifest injury of the people of the United States,” Sherman wrote.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07.....paign=push

Jump to: