Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Peter Mansbridge to be replaced by 3 anchors ... Reply with quote

Quote:
Peter Mansbridge To Be Replaced By 3 Anchors At New 'The National
HuffPost Canada | '
By Althia Raj and Andree Lau
Posted: 06/15/2017 1:39 pm EDT Updated: 06/15/2017 1:59 pm EDT

Three anchors will replace Peter Mansbridge at the new version of CBC's flagship national news program, "The National."

The incoming hosts will also report in the field, said Jennifer McGuire, general manager and editor-in-chief of CBC News. However, the people who will fill the high-profile positions are still being decided.

"As yet, no decisions have been made with respect to who will replace Peter and October 30th is the launch date, "said CBC spokesman Chuck Thompson in an email to HuffPost Canada on Thursday.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2.....mg00000002

Thoughts? My bet is that they have to do this to cater to all the racial and sexual identies they want to represent. So we''ll have a mix like two women and a racially distinct man, or something like that. Maybe they'll put a transsexual into the mix, though it may be a little early for that.

For sure, they won't want a cis-gendered white male, no matter how qualified.

Believe it or not, the criteria once had some relationship to journalistic expertise.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really haven't watched this program in some time , with the growth of the internet it will be a challenge getting people interested in TV news once again
Bugs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what will be the package and what ídentities' will it make a big deal about representing?

Will it be:

(1) three women, one of them a lesbian or transgendered whatever, another racially distinct?

(2) two women, a white wasp woman and a Moslem woman in drag ... and a racially distinct male who is gay?

(3) two women, as above, and Ian Hanomansingh, who is major female eye candy?

etc.

Any bets? Can''t we make some fun over state-sponsored racism and sexism?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing those who always slag the CBC , yet say they dont watch, are in fact watching .

Funny that.
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wouldn't be me. I don't even have a TV. I would watch, however, if they had anything worth watching. Perhaps I am wrong.

But what has that got to do with the predicted racist and sexist hiring policies of the CBC?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

But what has that got to do with the predicted racist and sexist hiring policies of the CBC?

So youve decided in the absence of any information, you just know the CBC will choose replacements using racism and sexism as a basis.

Ok thanks for that... :roll:

Maybe..Hanomansing has to be in there, Mesley perhaps (although a bit old), Strombo likely gets a listen.

The market has changed, they are reacting and I can be assured they are not going after your demographic.
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I simply know how their 'mind' works. They've always been elitist, but in a faux-British, snotty way -- snotty in a professional way, of course. That was a long time ago. When CBC-TV started, they (naturally) went to Britain for 'talent', experts in staging operas and the like, for example. They stuffed the screen with talking heads, like Nathan Cohen and Morley Callahan ... in bogus contests, like Fighting Words ...

In those day, it burned management's ass that the most popular shows were Hockey Night in Canada, and Don Messer. when they to use the Saturday night time slot to present the ballet ... and they have never stopped the effort to 'improve' us, to bring us up to their discriminating levels of taste.

This was when state culture was using the Canada Council to find the great Canadian novel. That crowd spend a decade or two waking up to the fact that the good writing in Canada was largely local, and even small town ... but they wanted literature that would express the whole country, and would 'undo' Two Solitudes. (That's a novel, TC.)

But the times roll on. Discrimination became a dirty word, so their contempt for Canadians was broadened because now we were racists. (Previously, we had felt we had avoided that pitfall.) So they began to give us lessons on racism. It didn't take them to discover 'sexism'. That's when they dropped all the Lloyd Henderson types, and went for 'ethnics' ... so now their agenda includes forcng 'inclusiveness' on us, which means that cis-gendered white males are pretty much screwed.

Does anyone remember how bad Strombo and Ghomeshi were when they started? Neither of them really 'panned out' in their original roles.

That step also meant catering to 'youth culture' ...

Now a new figurehead for the nation is being selected, someone who seems to have integrity and seems to have intelligence, and seems to be authoritative. And, in today's climate, that means it can't be a white cis-gendered male. It just can't be. Ir has to be at the intersection of as many 'identity groups' as possible.

But will they have the nerve to bring a tranny into it? Rupaul would be perfect if only (s)he were a Moslem. They're probably looking for an oriental Moslem lesbian -- well, orientals aren't really an identity group, are they? Maybe not.

See if I am wrong about the identity group thing. As for me, I am looking forward to Elvira Kurtz reading the news ... just to be sure we have the ugly lesbian thing covered.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we got 2 women (none whom are gay) and two men.

No transgendered, Muslims in drag.

Dang...
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rosemary Barton, Ian Hanomansing, Adrienne Arsenault And Andrew Chang To Host CBC Flagship News Program ‘The National'
August 1, 2017 Bill Taylor Entertainment 2

The announcement was made by Jennifer McQuire, CBC News Editor-in-Chief in Toronto Tuesday afternoon.

The National is set to relaunch on November 6, 2017 with a new format. Among the changes, the CBC will air the newscast live across all six time zones from studios in Vancouver, Ottawa and Toronto.

Arsenault will be based in Toronto for the show, while Barton, who is also the host of “Power & Politics,” will broadcast from Ottawa.

Hanomansing will move from Vancouver to Toronto, while Chang will anchor from the network’s Vancouver studio.
http://canadify.com/2017/08/01.....-national/

So -- no cis-gendered white males. That was as predictable from CBC's openly racist and sexist hiring policies. The only whites are women, although they don't tell us their qualification as far as gender presentations. But it appears, as usual, it is the white males who bear the whole weight of 'diversity' and all the other delusions of our failed political class.

Jump to: