Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: The Sun, Red Rag and Whine and Wail, no difference. Reply with quote

Now The Sun is dragging up things about Ford from 2012, they have now sunk as low as The Red Rag and Whine and Wail. Maybe we should rename them The Scum.

'Very intoxicated' Rob Ford was 'at his worst' St. Patrick's Day 2012

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/.....s-day-2012
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to toss out the counter argument.

If the allegations prove correct (IE the tape surfaces), I would want to distance myself from Ford as well.

As I have said before;
He gets the benefit of the doubt till I see evidence to the contrary, but if I do...
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree cos, but my point is dragging up things from 2012. 2013 maybe, but that is not the case here. It is no better than the CBC.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissedoff wrote:
I agree cos, but my point is dragging up things from 2012. 2013 maybe, but that is not the case here. It is no better than the CBC.

Its a pile on;
There is no question about that, and the reality is that had Ford been a left of center politician with all of these allegations of drug use and alcohol we would be hearing about how drug and alcohol abuse is a disease.

However, generally speaking while I do disagree with the Sun boarding the pile on wagon, if I can read through the gibberish from Blair's press conference I can't imagine Ford will still be Mayor in a few weeks anyway.

BUT if we see no new evidence in a week or so, then shame on all media outlets for the witchhunt.
Willg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford has never helped himself with the way he's handled the media. His relationship has taken on such a new life of it's own though that it's become a chicken and the egg situation with nobody really able to tell anymore who started it.
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The public would probably buy a guy who works hard and parties hard, but gets the job done.

When Ford was 'taken apart' by Ms Orf, he had to back down from the claim that he had saved the city $1 billion. It turns out he saved it only a little less that $700 million.

So is Ford a liar, or a guy who delivers on his promises?

It's the media that is most out of control, followed by a police chief that simply sets his duty aside to use police department resources to fuel this persecution. Ford is producing for the public. The police are supposed to keep their suspicions to themselves, and to prepare cases in private. A police chief with one iota of professionalism would realize that.

Jump to: