Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Mosque in Markham with 135 feet high minaret Reply with quote

Sharia creep? Mosque in Markham, Ontario, beside a Catholic School or church. But in Muslim countries Christians are demoralized or killed, churches are razed.

This is an insult.

frankly, I would not allow mosques to be built until Islam is reformed and Muslim nations pay for the damages and murders, re-construct churches at their costs, and allow Christians to live in peace.

But that's not possible. Hence, mosques will be built in the West, democratic countries. However, they could refuse tall minarets like Switzerland.

And, where does the money come for the land and building? Wahhab Saudi Arabia, perhaps.

http://www.yorkregion.com/topic/markhammosque
905 Tory

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the height, I think locals could complain as it passes what the owner of the land can actually build; don't they need more paperwork and approval to get buildings above a certain length. It isn't a religious issue as it is a scenary/community issue. If a Church or temple was that high, I'm sure people would have the same issue with it.

With regards to the actual mosque. I personally don't have a problem with it. GTA has a high Muslim population. As long as they mind their own business and try not to push their stuff onto the local community with big ass billboards or start preaching hateful things in the actual building, I'm fine.

The great thing about the west is that we allow all people to worship in their own way as long as it doesn't hurt others. The problem, however, is that people congregate and start pushing their stuff onto others. Unfortunately, there is little people can do other than complain to city council or something and even then, they can do anything within the confines of property law.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An example of future skylines. And when they call for prayer 5 times a day it will be heard.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?im.....mp;dur=843
905 Tory

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were in the community, I'd complain. I think that religious sites should be away from residential areas. Also, if its heard, that kind of ruins that community for anyone that can hear it all the damn time.

I'm sorry. There is little I know of that religion. For all I know, they sacrifice goats in there. But 1 thing I do know is that they can do what they want as long as far away from me to be seen or heard and they don't push it onto me or anyone else.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, they have seeped into Canads, United States, Mexico, South America, and all over Europe.

Their secret code is: "Spread out and procreate, we will outlast them."

If you wish to learn a bit, of course from my point of view and factual links, then check my weblog www.onwardjames.blogspot.com

At the top left is a searchbox where you can type in a word, Islam, Muslim, Islamist, Jihadist etc then scroll, sometimes right down the list before you come to the topic.

Most moderates have given in because if they challenge the ideology and clerics then they are not true believers. Hence, moderates do not interefere and say little. Those who do speak up are threatened.
Toronto Centre

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

905 Tory wrote:
If I were in the community, I'd complain. I think that religious sites should be away from residential areas. Also, if its heard, that kind of ruins that community for anyone that can hear it all the damn time.

Little complaining will do.

The site was designated a religious use site long ago, (1994 IIRC) which means there are in place exemptions for spires minarets et al. As the site is bound by access roads (thoroughfares really) the impact should be minimal.

As for the noise restraints, they get no relief on that one. They play the call too loud and they will be ticketed.

I am intriqued by your 'no religious sites near residents' since almost every neighbourhood/town built since the dawn of this country has a church built in the centre.
905 Tory

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
I am intriqued by your 'no religious sites near residents' since almost every neighbourhood/town built since the dawn of this country has a church built in the centre.

Well, there's the thing. If churches can be built in the centre of a town or city, then why can't another religious site? If you believe the right of Christians to practice their religion has been usurped over the years, then do you think Muslims or Jew or Hindus don't deserve the same rights.
Toronto Centre

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
="905 ToryWell, there's the thing. If churches can be built in the centre of a town or city, then why can't another religious site? If you believe the right of Christians to practice their religion has been usurped over the years, then do you think Muslims or Jew or Hindus don't deserve the same rights.

If a religious building is in the official plam and or approved zoning, then I would have no problem at all with one going in there.

I may live next door and not love it, but wouldn't put a fight to stop it.

No Christian's rights to practice have been usurped so I would agree with you.

Jump to: