Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Edmund Onward James





Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Posts: 1317
Reputation: 55
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Is Blogging Tories Forum still worth posting on? Reply with quote

There are only a few who post comments and pieces. However, there still seems to be quite a few readers. Have most gone to Blue Canada or FreeDominion or Jerry Nichols new forum?

Indeed, since Cosmostein, Don, Progressive Tory, RCO and one or two others are active, I still post something. Bugs, who I also enjoy, or learn something from, is also on Blue Canada.

But I also make sure the same pieces, usually, are on Blue Canada. I wonder how many of the left and media read the exchanges and views?


Last edited by Edmund Onward James on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it is! This site has a reputation, things may be slow but it is summer after all...and for some reason I cannot post on Blue Canada.
RCO





Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6744
Reputation: 240.2
votes: 3
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just the summer , there hasn't been alot going on politically and i think alot of people were tired of politics after the federal election this spring but with so many provincial elections this fall things are bound to pick up on here , they'll be lots of new stories to post
Edmund Onward James





Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Posts: 1317
Reputation: 55
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Because I enjoy this forum, especially since my weblog pieces are automatic on the site and have spread to many other conservatives and others.

And it's much better that the forum is at top right so many of the bloggers can browse through the recent threads, then join.

Thank you for informing.
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7526
Reputation: 301.1Reputation: 301.1
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Craig's effort with Blue Canada;
However in many cases its not my cup of tea.

I fully admit that I am from the PC branch of the party prior to the merger, and at times I feel that I am a little too "Liberal" for that site.

However I still read it daily and think Craig has done one heck of a job.
The question really becomes what Stephen's plans are for here.

As for the demise; as mentioned above the summer is long and there isn't much to talk about. I find myself struggling to find anything interesting.
Edmund Onward James





Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Posts: 1317
Reputation: 55
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
I like Craig's effort with Blue Canada;
However in many cases its not my cup of tea.

I fully admit that I am from the PC branch of the party prior to the merger, and at times I feel that I am a little too "Liberal" for that site.

However I still read it daily and think Craig has done one heck of a job.
The question really becomes what Stephen's plans are for here.

As for the demise; as mentioned above the summer is long and there isn't much to talk about. I find myself struggling to find anything interesting.


How about foreign affairs? Harper is in France, to discuss Libya, with many concerned nations, many which participated with the revolution. Although, they might not use that term.
mazepynka





Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 175
Reputation: 11.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: SSNCMG Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to the fall session. Bob Rae could be especially interesting to watch as he presides over the Liberal Party of Downtown Toronto. He could be in his natural habitat taking guerrilla style potshots designed to provoke internecine warfare. And the dipper opposition will undoubtedly provide plenty of entertainment.

As a Stephen Hoperite, I'm hoping for good things from our strong stable national Conservative majority government. We'll see what happens.
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7526
Reputation: 301.1Reputation: 301.1
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund Onward James wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
I like Craig's effort with Blue Canada;
However in many cases its not my cup of tea.

I fully admit that I am from the PC branch of the party prior to the merger, and at times I feel that I am a little too "Liberal" for that site.

However I still read it daily and think Craig has done one heck of a job.
The question really becomes what Stephen's plans are for here.

As for the demise; as mentioned above the summer is long and there isn't much to talk about. I find myself struggling to find anything interesting.


How about foreign affairs? Harper is in France, to discuss Libya, with many concerned nations, many which participated with the revolution. Although, they might not use that term.


Libya is a tough nut at the moment;
Because we really have no idea how this will progress.

Will there be an election or will the transitional government transition into government.

My opinion will be formed more within the coming weeks I suspect
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7526
Reputation: 301.1Reputation: 301.1
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: SSNCMG Reply with quote

mazepynka wrote:
I'm looking forward to the fall session. Bob Rae could be especially interesting to watch as he presides over the Liberal Party of Downtown Toronto. He could be in his natural habitat taking guerrilla style potshots designed to provoke internecine warfare. And the dipper opposition will undoubtedly provide plenty of entertainment.

As a Stephen Hoperite, I'm hoping for good things from our strong stable national Conservative majority government. We'll see what happens.


The fall session will be a battle royale as it pertains to adding seats to the three most underrepresented provinces in Canada.

The NDP will bow down and kiss the rings of their masters as scream that even though Alberta will still have more voters per riding then Quebec AFTER Alberta's seats are added that its somehow the greatest injustice of all time.

The Liberals under Rae are the same "Party of No" they were under Dion and Iggy.
New mouthpiece, same spew.

I hope like you do that we secure some entertainment from the NDP,
Leadership races are rarely unifying, and the NDP wasn't exactly one party pulling in the same direction before hand.
Edmund Onward James





Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Posts: 1317
Reputation: 55
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmo... I would enjoy having you as a regular on Blue Canada, too. Not all are like me. Some even think I'm pretentious.

There are libertarians, PCs, as well as many different independents, I think.

But, it's okay if you stay with this forum only.

Continue the awareness... from Sagebrush. Another name given to me by my Ojibwa Elder friend. He said I was a sage with a rolling mind.
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7526
Reputation: 301.1Reputation: 301.1
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I comment from time to time;
As I said, I have a world of respect for Craig's work over there.
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
I comment from time to time;
As I said, I have a world of respect for Craig's work over there.


I do as well I just wish I could figure out why I cannot post/comment on Blue Canada - of course I can log in but that's it. Kind of frustrating really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Is Blogging Tories Forum still worth posting on?

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB