Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Habsrwfan

Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: A terrible example of media hypocrisy. Reply with quote

Do you remember the big brouhaha over Peter Mackay implying that Belinda Stronach was a dog?

How that was a leading story for a few news cycles, and how outraged the media acted over Peter implying that?

Well, if so, feast your eyes on this...

Given how recent the Mackay/Stronach 'dog' incident was, I'm actually amazed at the sheer gall of the media to have a cover story with that title. It is the heights of hypocrisy.

What do my fellow posters here think?
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i don't know but anyone who reads the toronto sun regularly knows its front pages are not always the most serious , so i'm not sure i would read that much into this .

its interesting the ottawa sun front page was not near as bad and only had a picture of helena guergis that said turfed in capitals .
Forward

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
well i don't know but anyone who reads the toronto sun regularly knows its front pages are not always the most serious , so i'm not sure i would read that much into this .

Is there any behavior you WON'T excuse?

I hope she sues them.

Journalists are scumbags.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Mr. Jaffer did not respond to interview requests but emailed a short statement from his company, Green Power Generation (GPG), which said, "Mr. Jaffer is a valued partner of GPG. The allegations in The Toronto Star are inaccurate and a complete mischaracterization of the contact between Mr. Jaffer, a principal of GPG, and Mr. Nazim Gillani of International Strategic Investments (ISI).

"In light of the publication GPG intends to seek legal action against The Toronto Star."

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/ne.....z0knsYQVRQ

I am sure with all the mud the media has been slinging around there is a good libel suit or two to be had.

Jump to: