Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closer to the truth -- our society is in a puritanical age. What started out as a stab at sexual liberation has brought us to this ridiculous situation where any allegation made by a woman is accepted as fact, with career-ending consequences and public humiliation.

We don't recognize it, but it's true to the point that we have iconoclasts tearing down statues and historical markers that violate PC constructs.

This is one small page in that book. He's having his life destroyed by someone who accused him of "creepiness" -- and who is possibly legally guilty of extortion -- and the media and the bog city betas throw logs on the fire by citing anonymous twitter users for using his "like" button too much.

Pinch yourselves. For just once, let's not go along with the delusion. There is such a thing as proportion ...
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Closer to the truth -- our society is in a puritanical age. What started out as a stab at sexual liberation has brought us to this ridiculous situation where any allegation made by a woman is accepted as fact, with career-ending consequences and public humiliation.

We don't recognize it, but it's true to the point that we have iconoclasts tearing down statues and historical markers that violate PC constructs.

This is one small page in that book. He's having his life destroyed by someone who accused him of "creepiness" -- and who is possibly legally guilty of extortion -- and the media and the bog city betas throw logs on the fire by citing anonymous twitter users for using his "like" button too much.

Pinch yourselves. For just once, let's not go along with the delusion. There is such a thing as proportion ...

true however it was Clement himself who altered people to this situation , the women didn't come public first which has been the case with every other sexual misconduct accusation ,

at this point we still have no clue who the person was that clement sexted , what his/her motives were and even what country there located in

he showed extremely poor judgement to even take such a picture in the first place , yet alone send it to someone he may not of even meet in real life

he also now has to worry that this video will eventually go public at some point , now that its out there , is no guarantee these people will keep it private , it could eventually find its way online

I feel bad for him , he's been a good politician up to this point and seems genuinely committed to his community but his actions crossed the line and he cannot except this story to just go away
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clement says he revealed his peccadillos because he was being blackmailed -- it's in his statement. This woman stayed in the shadows because she was committing a crime! Yet look at how little this fact plays in this conversation. The woman's identity, as usual, is protected.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Clement says he revealed his peccadillos because he was being blackmailed -- it's in his statement. This woman stayed in the shadows because she was committing a crime! Yet look at how little this fact plays in this conversation. The woman's identity, as usual, is protected.

its accurate that Clement came forward because he felt he was being blackmailed

however the identity of the people doing the blackmailing is not being protected by the media , its unknown .

no one knows the identity of these people , clement himself doesn't seem to know who they were and no ones given any indication they do either

if there from a foreign country it could be very difficult to bring them to justice
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
no one knows the identity of these people , clement himself doesn't seem to know who they were and no ones given any indication they do either

You got that right.

Apparently others think they know all the details. Or ..you know...they have an agenda against women
Quote:
The woman's identity, as usual,

And of course no one wants to talk about the possible security issue w Tony .

And there is a fine line between payoff and extortion .
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( tony has just posted a new letter , he is now admitting to multi acts of infidelity , also another unreported incident which was reported to the OPP but never made public until now )

Tony Clement's letter: Former MP admits inappropriate online exchanges led to acts of infidelity

'Most recently, another inappropriate exchange led to foreign actors attempting to use my indiscretion for financial extortion'

The Canadian Press
The Canadian Press

November 8, 2018
2:00 PM EST

Filed under
News
〉 Canada

OTTAWA — Former Conservative MP Tony Clement says he has engaged in more than one inappropriate online exchange.

In a letter to constituents posted on his website Clement says the exchanges led to multiple acts of infidelity.

Clement says one exchange led to a woman being offered money through an anonymous social media account in exchange for intimate and personal information.

Clement says he contacted Ontario police to report that exchange last summer.

On Tuesday, Clement resigned from his committee duties after admitting to sending sexually explicit images and a video to someone he thought was a consenting woman who he says tried to extort him. Wednesday, Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer expelled the former cabinet minister from the Tory caucus.

Clement writes that while his online exchanges were entirely consensual and mutual, they were absolutely wrong and should never have occurred.

Here is a full copy of the letter MP Tony Clement posted on his website on Thursday:

This is Tony Clement and this message is for my constituents in Parry Sound—Muskoka.

I have had the tremendous honour and privilege of serving as your Member of Parliament since 2006, a trust that has been renewed through four consecutive federal elections. Whether on the government or opposition side of the aisle, whether serving at the Cabinet table or on the back bench, my top priority has always been, and continues to be, working for the people and communities of Parry Sound—Muskoka. I have done so tirelessly, with passion and enjoyment from the first moment I received the honour to work on your behalf.

I have always aimed to serve with humility and today, I am writing to you directly to address a number of poor decisions in my personal and private life. During a period of personal difficulty and weakness I engaged in inappropriate exchanges that crossed lines that should never have been crossed. These exchanges led to acts of infidelity. One inappropriate exchange led to a woman being offered money by an anonymous social media account in exchange for the disclosure of intimate and personal information. I immediately reported this personal matter to the OPP last summer. Most recently, another inappropriate exchange led to foreign actors attempting to use my indiscretion for financial extortion which, without hesitation or second thought, I immediately reported to the RCMP. While these exchanges were entirely consensual and mutual, they were absolutely wrong and should never have occurred.

Tony Clement arrives at the national Conservative summer caucus retreat in Halifax on Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2016. Andrew Vaughan/CP / THE CANADIAN PRESS

In conducting myself this way I’ve let down myself, my family, my friends and supporters, my community, my work colleagues, and my staff — basically everyone I care about and who care about me. Pride and vanity got the better of me, and shame held me back from getting back to the path of good. I apologize to the women with whom the exchanges occurred, and I also apologize to anyone else who felt in any way that I crossed online boundaries that made them feel uncomfortable, even without my knowing. I am deeply sorry.

I want to be clear that at no time have these personal lapses impacted or involved my day to day work as a Member of Parliament on behalf of our communities. That said, I offer you no excuses for my conduct. I take full responsibility. Members of Parliament are expected to set a high standard, a standard I have failed to meet.

In particular, I have failed the most important person in my life, my wife who has been with me through the many ups and downs of public service. She has made many sacrifices along the way in order to build a loving home and a wonderful family. I cannot undo the pain and hurt my actions have caused. All I can do is own up to what I have done and commit myself to rebuilding our trust, however long that may take. The mistakes I have made in my personal life, for those who know me, do not reflect who I am. I am resolved to refocus, to work hard, and to heal the damage I have caused to those most important in my life.

I love my job and I love my family. I am committed to getting the professional help I need to continue serving my family, my community and my country in whatever ways I can. I wish to sincerely thank the many members of our community who have reached out to convey their thoughts and prayers to me. I can assure the residents of Parry Sound—Muskoka that my offices remain open and at your service, and that I will continue to uphold the responsibilities of being your Member of Parliament.

Sincerely,

Tony Clement
M.P., Parry Sound—Muskoka

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/tony-clement-letter-infidelity
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( a woman has detailed her experience on instagram with Tony Clement , she clearly states he did nothing illegal , did not message her directly and did not send her any photo's .

but she did feel his behaviour was aggressive and he's like 10 to 20 photo's at a time and almost all were pictures entirely of her without anyone else in them and that it made her feel uncomfortable .

she also does not indicate if she removed him or blocked him from following her on instagram , something you think a woman would do if she felt bothered )

Canadian journalist says Tony Clement crossed a line with 'aggressive' Instagram likes

Tory MP shared sexually explicit images and video, says he's facing extortion attempt

CBC Radio · 2 hours ago

Kim Fox says she wasn't surprised when Conservative MP Tony Clement issued a statement admitting he shared sexually explicit images and a video with an individual online. He also claimed he had been financially extorted over it.

That's because, she says, the politician is known for "aggressively" liking people's posts on Instagram — something Canadians, especially women, have been talking about openly on Twitter since news of the scandal broke.

Clement, who was booted from Conservative caucus on Wednesday, did not immediately reply to As It Happens' request for comment, but he told the Globe and Mail: "I would say I like all sorts of pictures on Instagram. I've never sent unsolicited harassing messages, ever."

Fox, an editor at the Philadelphia Inquirer who used to work for the CBC, spoke to As It Happens host Carol Off about her online interactions with Clement. Here is part of their conversation.

When the news broke that Tony Clement admitted he had shared sexual images and a video of himself with someone online, what did you think?

Obviously, I think a public figure should have better judgment than that, but based on my experiences and those of folks I know, it wasn't that much of a stretch.

What were your experiences?

It would have been about three or four years ago. I noticed that Tony Clement was following me on Instagram.

I noticed just after a few months that there would be these cycles of like a barrage of "likes" on pictures.

It would just be a series of this ... just like 10 or 20 likes

At first I just, I kind of laughed it off and I thought, well, either, he's got some bad staff or there's bots or he doesn't know how Instagram works, and I really gave him the benefit of the doubt.

And then as it started to become more frequent and I was talking to some of my female colleagues and folks who either worked in media or just outside the parameters, and they were experiencing the same thing.

My husband at the time, mentioned that he thought it was, you know, a little aggressive and inappropriate. And we started looking at the photos and what we noticed were they were always kind of selfies — pictures of me directly, not me with anybody else or, like, landscapes or anything

It kind of made me uncomfortable.

In the grand scheme of things, there's nothing wrong with liking things on social. But I think, you know, that kind of aggressive behaviour, repetitive behaviour is odd for anyone, never mind a public figure and politician.

Did it progress from there? Did you get more uncomfortable?

He never messaged me. He never sent me any inappropriate pictures and no one I know of experienced that at all. But it was just an ongoing thing.

When the news came out, immediately a couple of folks that I had these conversations about had sent me the story and we all commented how it was, sort of only a matter of time.

What do you mean that it was only a matter of time?

Social is about good judgment. It's about how you conduct yourself. I think a good measure is to ask yourself, "If I conducted myself like this offline, if there was a woman who I didn't know and I just started getting in her face at a public event like all over about topics, would it make her uncomfortable?" The answer is probably yes.

My big question is ultimately, did he conduct himself like that towards men? If the answer is yes then, he just needs a lesson on how to use social overall more appropriately and on communication.

If it's just targeted towards women, then I think that's a real problem.

Why did you want to speak out about it?

I'm growing really tired of laughing off this kind of behaviour. I'm a 43-year-old woman. I've spent many years tolerating that behaviour or behaviour that's questionable. And you learn to navigate around that and excuse it.

And I think if anything the last year has taught us is it's time to speak up and it's time to no longer normalize this kind of behaviour and call people on it.

I have a right to exist in a safe space. I have a right to have social channels where I don't feel like somebody is aggressively all over me on them. I have a right to just be a woman and live my life.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-the-wednesday-edition-1.4895585/instagram-user-describes-how-tony-clement-crossed-a-line-1.4896383
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Quote:

You got that right.

Apparently others think they know all the details. Or ..you know...they have an agenda against women
Quote:
The woman's identity, as usual,

And of course no one wants to talk about the possible security issue w Tony .

And there is a fine line between payoff and extortion .

I don't feel there is evidence any of his behaviour jeopardised national security or his job as an mp . although he seems to be clearly admitting to multiple acts of infidelity during his time as mp . its my understanding its rather common for mp's to have marriage problems due to the distance and travel away from spouses but this is over the top

at this point I just hope that he see's the light and goes quietly at this point , there is no future left in Ottawa or queen's park for him at this point . no political party wants anything to do with him

he needs to clarify his future intentions , his letter says he plans to stay on as mp . something I find personally difficult to envision after this mess . he needs to either resign as an mp or set out a time line for doing so before the next election

( so he could avoid there having to be a costly and pointless by election in his riding , the winner could literally only be mp for a couple months if he were to immediately quit now and trudeau were to call a quick vote )
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

I don't feel there is evidence any of his behaviour jeopardised national security or his job as an mp . although he seems to be clearly admitting to multiple acts of infidelity during his time as mp .

Not that we know of......yet.

For the record, I doubt there will be any evidence of security breach. This is a wake up call for others tho.

Quote:

there is no future left in Ottawa or queen's park for him at this point . no political party wants anything to do with him

Agree.

No one will want anything to do with him . Good thing his wife brings in the big bucks.
Quote:

he needs to clarify his future intentions , his letter says he plans to stay on as mp .

He did, you pasted it.

He will collect his pay cheque for the next year and then disappear...for you guys, but I will still see him weekly during the summer .
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( scheer now says he was unaware of the new incidents until today and that the news was a total surprise )

Scheer thought Clement’s sexting ‘an isolated incident’

More from Antonella Artuso

Published on: November 8, 2018 | Last Updated: November 8, 2018 6:08 PM EST

MP Tony Clement’s revelation he had reported a sexting-related extortion attempt to police in the summer came as news to him, PC Leader Andrew Scheer says. “I just found out about the incident this summer moments ago,” Scheer said Thursday, during an anti-crime announcement in Brampton. “I was not aware of that until today.”

Scheer said he had been under the impression from Clement that there was one isolated incident in which the former PC MP sent explicit images and video to a stranger. Later, it became apparent that there was evidence of a pattern of inappropriate behaviour, he said.

On Thursday, Clement posted an apology to his constituents in which he acknowledged multiple infidelities and two extortion attempts, one of which he reported to police in the summer. Scheer said he did not discuss with Clement whether his work in national security was compromised by the incidents.

Tony Clement admits to multiple acts of infidelity dating back to last summer
“Not only were we not aware of this but neither were the National Security Agencies who did the screening for Mr. Clement before he took his place on the National Security Council,” he said.

“So people are capable of having lapses of judgement, unexpected lapses of judgement, people make mistakes.” Scheer said PC members hold each other to the highest standards but “these types of things” can happen in any profession or political party. He did not see a need to change policies. “I don’t think too many people need to be told that it’s inappropriate to send explicit photos and videos to people you’ve never met,” he said. aartuso@postmedia.com

https://www.goderichsignalstar.com/news/national/scheer-thought-mps-sexting-an-isolated-incident/wcm/
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( new articles allege that clement was aware of attempts to extort money from him this summer and that he had attempted to enter into intimate relationships with several instagram users who were in there early 20's , one of these women never meet him in person but the other claims to have had an affair with him but ended it cause he was married )

Attempts to expose former Conservative MP Tony Clement’s online sexual activities go back to last summer, women say

News 02:32 PM by Alex Ballingall  , Alex Boutilier  Toronto Star|

OTTAWA — Two women who claim to have had intimate relationships with Tony Clement — one online, one in person — say the ousted Conservative parliamentarian was aware of attempts to expose his allegedly inappropriate behaviour toward women as early as last spring or summer.

These accounts seem to contradict Clement’s initial public statement about when he became aware of an alleged attempt to extort him and call into question whether, given his position on Parliament’s new national security committee, he fulfilled his legal obligation at the time to notify the Privy Council Office about whether his personal circumstances changed in a way that could affect his security clearance.

Until Tuesday, Clement was a leading member of the Conservative caucus who had twice jumped into the race to lead the party and served prominent cabinet roles under Stephen Harper.

On Wednesday, Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer requested Clement’s resignation. The demand came less than 24 hours after Clement published a statement claiming he was targeted for “financial extortion” after sending sexual images and a video to an unknown party. Clement claims he believed the person was a consenting female adult.

The Star has interviewed two women who say they met Clement online and went on to have sexual interactions with him. Both women, who know each other and consulted about speaking publicly, asked the Star not to publish their names—one out of concern over Clement’s reaction to her speaking publicly about him; the other because she feared ramifications in her professional life.

The Star has agreed to keep their identities confidential in order to tell their stories in the public interest, as Clement was a senior Conservative figure with high level security clearance.

When presented with a detailed account of the women’s claims Wednesday night, Clement responded by email: “I’m working on a statement that I’ll get to you when I’m comfortable with it. Appreciate it.”

In a statement posted to his personal website Thursday afternoon, Clement confirmed he engaged in multiple “inappropriate exchanges that crossed lines that should have never been crossed.” He said these exchanges led to “acts of infidelity.” One of these exchanges led to a woman being offered money by an anonymous social media account in exchange for intimate and personal information about him, he said.

He said he reported this to the Ontario Provincial Police “last summer.”

He added that, “most recently, another inappropriate exchange led to foreign actors attempting to use my indiscretion for financial extortion” and that he immediately reported this to the RCMP.

According to the women’s accounts, sometime last spring or summer Clement became aware of Instagram accounts that sent messages about his behaviour toward women, sought information about him, and posted photos of him. The women said Clement separately told them he had reported this online behaviour to police.

This would mean Clement was aware for months that an unknown party was seeking embarrassing information about him before he publicly revealed the extortion allegations.

As a member of Parliament’s new national security committee, Clement was bound by law to notify the Clerk of the Privy Council—the federal government’s top bureaucrat—of “any change in their personal circumstances that may affect their security clearance.”

Examples spelled out in the law include criminal convictions, a change in financial situation, association with criminals and being “the subject of a law enforcement action.”

The Star reported Tuesday night that Clement flagged the issue to the Privy Council Office days ago, and that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s office was made aware. The RCMP is now investigating Clement’s allegation, but refused to say when the investigation was opened.

Cameron Ahmad, a spokesperson for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, said Thursday that the PMO learned of the alleged extortion against Clement, after the privy council was informed.

The privy council did not immediately respond to the Star about when it was told about Clement’s situation.

The first woman who spoke to the Star is in her early twenties. She said Clement added her on Instagram last year and liked some of her photos. He started sending her direct messages, which she said became flirtatious and then overtly sexual. She said they started consensually sharing intimate messages, and he sent her explicit images.

“He would talk dirty to me, then send me nude photos and videos,” she said.

He asked her more than once to meet for coffee or come to his house, but the woman said she made up excuses to avoid going. She never met Clement in the offline world, she said.

A few months ago—the woman believes it was in June or July—Clement asked her to delete all records of their conversations. She said the MP told her he was concerned his Instagram account was “hacked” and asked her to only speak to him over WhatsApp, an encrypted messaging service.

The woman said she agreed with Clement’s request.

Soon after that conversation, she said an unknown user added her on Instagram. She said the account messaged her and alleged Clement engaged in inappropriate sexual behaviour toward women. The woman, who said she didn’t know who was behind the account, took it as a “warning.”

“I was actually kind of scared,” she said. “I’m still wondering how the heck did they find me?”

The woman provided the Star with a screenshot of the message, which does not show the name of the account. The message is dated July 2.

The woman said she told Clement about the message, and that he “begged” her to believe the message was not true and that she was the only woman he was interacting with. She said Clement sent her a screenshot of a different Instagram account, @pierson476. She said Clement asked her if she had seen that account on Instagram; the woman said she had not.

The woman provided the Star with the screenshot she said Clement sent her. It is timestamped in her phone “7/3/18,” a date she believes is July 3, 2018. The photo shows @pierson476’s profile page, which displays two photos: one of a smartphone displaying a picture of a shirtless Clement, the other what appears to be Clement kissing a woman on the cheek.

The Star was unable to find either account – the one that messaged the woman about Clement, and @pierson476 – on Instagram. The woman said both accounts disappeared soon after these interactions with Clement.

The woman’s ex-boyfriend, whose contact information she provided to the Star, said she messaged him sometime in the summer – he believes before August – to tell him about her online relationship with Clement. He said she also told him about the strange Instagram accounts, and that she sent him the screenshot of @pierson476.

The ex-boyfriend’s phone shows the screenshot was uploaded to his Google Photos application on July 3.

Later, in what the woman recalls to be late July, she spoke with Clement again about the strange Instagram accounts. The woman said Clement told her “someone was after him for money” and that he told her he reported the activity to “the RCMP and police.”

“He was scared,” the woman said. “He said at one point he couldn’t sleep for a week.”

The RCMP refused to say when they received information from Clement or opened their investigation into his claims.

The second woman who spoke to the Star is in her twenties. She, too, met Clement online when he added her on social media. The woman said he started liking her pictures and then started sending her direct messages that often included kiss and heart emoticons.

She said she went on to have an intimate relationship with Clement. She said she decided to end their relationship because the 57-year-old MP is married.

Some time later, in May or June 2018, the woman said she received messages from “two or three” unknown users on Instagram. One of them sent her information about the first woman who spoke to the Star, and the two women connected online at that point, they said.

The second woman said one of the accounts offered her money for information about Clement, but she said she doesn’t recall which account it was.

“This person, whoever it was, was trying to expose his behaviour,” she said.

The woman said Clement was aware of this Instagram activity and flagged one of the accounts to her – @pierson476. She said Clement told her he reported it to the Ontario Provincial Police, and that all of the strange accounts have since disappeared.

The woman does not have any records of her interactions with these accounts, but she provided the Star with a screenshot of a text message conversation with Clement, in which he mentioned he was speaking with police. The woman said she scrolled back in her phone and took the screenshot Thursday, but said the exchange it shows is from July.

Sgt. Carole Dionne, a spokesperson for the OPP, declined to comment Wednesday night. She said the OPP doesn’t confirm if it receives reports from the public, nor does it confirm whether it has started an investigation.

The RCMP declined further comment Thursday, aside from confirming an investigation has been opened at Clement’s request.

Kim Fox, a Canadian journalist in Philadelphia, told the Star she also had unusual interactions with Clement on social media. About three or four years ago, she said he added her to Instagram and started liking her photos. She said she would wake up in the morning and see a “wall” of notifications — sometimes up to 10 or 20, she said.

“It was a joke, I would screen cap them and I would send them to my friends,” she said. “It just made me really uncomfortable … It’s odd behaviour for a public figure.”

https://www.parrysound.com/news-story/9023515-attempts-to-expose-former-conservative-mp-tony-clement-s-online-sexual-activities-go-back-to-last-summer-women-say/
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an account on instagram but searched for his page and its still open and you can look thru it . ( I'm surprised he has not locked it private by now )

like his twitter page all activity stopped on oct 31 , says he's posted 2919 times , 11,000 followers and following 7364 ( I cannot look at who his followers were as I don't have an account

most of his posts seem rather innocent and few involve women other than his wife and daughter . would seem to be what you'd expect from him . only picture I saw of him with any 20 something women involves Dara Howell ( former Olympic athlete ) at a golf tournament although I doubt very much she ever more than friends with him , her ex bf was an NHL player so he doesn't seem like her type , also a couple pics with cpc interns deeper down and female politicians but nothing out of the ordinary

I'm assuming he kept his dirty stuff and women he was having affairs with very private
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( there is also the other question relating to his future , will he resign , simply not run in the next election or attempt to run for re election as an independent .

I would personally have deep concerns about his ability to continuing doing his job as mp. not just cause he is a distraction , but around several other aspects . as an mp he would be required to interact with many women , either in Ottawa or his home riding .

now that its been revealed he spent much time on instagram trying to contact many random women likely for the purpose of having sexual encounters with . I'd be deeply concerned that some of these women are not going to be comfortable being around him . some may now look back at his previous attempts to reach them online and be like was he trying to hook up with me ? instead of just assuming it was an innocent attempt at chatting with them . being that his riding includes many small towns and he would know where many of these women work and even live , that there not going to be comfortable being around him at public events and such .

he was also well known for doing a large amount of door to door canvassing , I would also be concerned that some women could be uncomfortable if he were to come knocking at there door and no one else was home . being that they now know he was actively seeking random sexual encounters and sending people nude photo's of himself . I'd be concerned that some women would be uncomfortable if he came to there door and attempted to speak to them . )

If Clement isn’t fit for caucus, why is he fit to be anyone’s MP?

By Michael Harris. Published on Nov 8, 2018 3:34pm

Though he may not know it, Tony Clement is roadkill on the information highway.

This high-ranking, veteran Conservative politician is making the same mistake that Democratic U.S. Congressman Anthony Weiner made: deluding himself into thinking that he doesn’t need to resign from public office after getting caught sexting.

He does.

It took Weiner a full 20 days to realize he had to resign after a photo of “his man bulge in boxer briefs” hit Twitter on May 27, 2011. He denied that it was his … well, that it was him. Then more photos showed up. Weiner still insisted he didn’t need to resign.

Others saw it differently. Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee, called for his head. So did House majority leader Eric Cantor, and six of Weiner’s Democratic colleagues in Congress.

By June 11, 2011, Democratic House speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz had added their voices to the growing list of politicians who saw the writing on the wall for Weiner.

He still refused to go, though he did offer an emotional apology to former president Bill Clinton for the sexting and the lies. It was the least Weiner could do for the man who had officiated at his and Huma Abedin’s wedding.

Then the hammer came down.

President Barack Obama let it be known publicly that if he were Weiner, he would resign. By this time, it had come out that two of the many women the Congressman had been sexting included a Las Vegas blackjack dealer and a 28-year-old budding porn star. Obama’s press secretary said Weiner was becoming a “distraction,” which is the kiss of death in politics.

Finally, on June 16, 2011, the first instalment of “Weinergate” came to a close with the Congressman’s resignation.

Compare that to the case of former NFL quarterback Brett Favre, who was caught sexting a variety of women, including Jenn Sterger.

The New York Jets cheerleader received a text of Favre standing tall, at least part of him. When asked about it in a pre-game press conference, Favre said, “I’m not getting into that.”

After an investigation by the NFL, Favre was fined $50,000, but not for sexting. The League had no rules about that. The fine was for not co-operating with the NFL’s investigation into the matter. In the end, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell did not suspend Favre for a single game.

Nor did Favre’s multiple sextings stop him from being inducted into the Football Hall of Fame in 2016. To this day, he still dons a sweatshirt and does product endorsements on TV tossing a football.

Here is the point about the double standard.

Weiner is no Favre, and neither is Clement. Favre was an entertainer in the private sector who did his thing on the gridiron. His fans knew him as a football player, not an online Lothario.

But Weiner and Clement held high public office. Every day they conducted the public’s business, benefactors of the public trust. What they do privately cannot be divorced from their heavy public responsibility to maintain and protect the integrity of the system they serve. Both men failed utterly to do that, which is why Weiner ultimately resigned — and Clement ought to.

Clement was on Canada’s National Security and Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians. That means he was privy to the country’s deepest secrets. He has admitted that he was duped into thinking his sexting, including a dubious video that he sent, was going to a consenting woman. The former Conservative now says he’s being “extorted” over their sexually explicit communications. The RCMP is investigating. This is the kind of gross recklessness that turns the hair of security officials prematurely grey.

Back in the mid-’90s, then-prime minister Brian Mulroney lost his first cabinet minister after only five months in office over the same principle.

Defence minister Robert Coates resigned after it was revealed that he and two aides had paid a 1 a.m. visit to a strip bar in Lahr, West Germany.

The bar, Tiffany’s, featured nude dancers, pornographic movies and prostitutes who might have done a little Eastern Bloc spying on the side. The accusation was that the minister, fresh from a NATO tour, had risked being compromised.

After Coates resigned, Liberal external affairs critic Jean Chrétien gave him a shout-out: “I would like to congratulate him because he has done the right thing.”

Doing the right thing is no longer in vogue.

And it’s not just Clement hanging on when he should be saying goodbye. Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer has not done the right thing in the current circumstances. For the family-values party, Scheer’s initial reaction to Clement’s admission was laughable. After a stern talking to by Scheer, Clement resigned as justice critic and saw his committee roles assigned to Lisa Raitt. That done, Scheer had no problem with Clement remaining in caucus.

Just a few hours later, Scheer reversed field. Faced with more allegations of sexting by Clement, Scheer asked him to resign from caucus so he could “respond” to these “allegations.” That leaves the door wide open for Clement to return. Not a word about the violation of public trust in play here.

Scheer’s wishy-washy reaction is strange for another reason. From what the Conservative leader himself has claimed, Clement lied to him about the number of times he has sexted anonymous women. The initial story was that this was a one-off between consenting adults, which Scheer could apparently forgive as a “terrible lapse of judgment.”

That meant that Scheer was willing to keep Clement in caucus after his admission of the most reckless kind of sexting. That says as much about Scheer’s judgment as it does about Clement’s.

Obama stood up to Weiner in no uncertain terms and forced his resignation. Scheer’s initial reaction was to treat Clement like Favre. Here’s the question: If Clement is not fit to be in the Conservative caucus, why is he fit to be anyone’s MP?

That is the question that was asked last August about married British cabinet minister Andrew Griffiths after he sent thousands of lewd text messages to two barmaids.

And that is the question that only Scheer can answer on this side of the pond.

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/11/08/if-clement-isnt-fit-for-caucus-why-is-he-fit-to-be-anyones-mp/
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Tory MP Clement reveals ‘acts of infidelity’ exposed him to blackmail this summer
DANIEL LEBLANC PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS REPORTER
OTTAWA
PUBLISHED NOVEMBER 8, 2018
UPDATED 11 HOURS AGO
ANDREW VAUGHAN/THE CANADIAN PRESS

Ontario MP Tony Clement has revealed further instances of inappropriate interactions with women, stating he has known since the summer that “acts of infidelity" had exposed him to blackmail.

The new revelations showed that his initial disclosure of an extortion attempt earlier in the week was incomplete, leading Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer to face another round of embarrassing questions about his former justice critic, who resigned from the Conservative caucus on Wednesday.

Mr. Clement, 57, is a married father of three who has represented the riding of Parry Sound-Muskoka since 2006. In a letter to his constituents on Thursday, he revealed that he had gone to the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) “last summer” after learning that someone was seeking information on his dealings with women.

“During a period of personal difficulty and weakness, I engaged in inappropriate exchanges that crossed lines that should never have been crossed. These exchanges led to acts of infidelity,” Mr. Clement said. “One inappropriate exchange led to a woman being offered money by an anonymous social media account in exchange for the disclosure of intimate and personal information.”

Despite that complaint with the OPP, Mr. Clement’s pattern of inappropriate behaviour continued. On Tuesday, Mr. Clement said he had sent explicit images and video of himself on the internet over the past three weeks, only to be asked for payment to stop their public release. He said he referred the matter to the RCMP for investigation.

The revelations about Mr. Clement’s sexual misconduct have sent shock waves through the Conservative Party and overshadowed its policy initiatives. On Thursday, Mr. Scheer announced his party’s new stand on gang violence, but the subsequent news conference was dominated by questions about Mr. Clement’s behaviour.

Mr. Scheer had a first meeting with Mr. Clement on Monday about the issue that led to the complaint to the RCMP, but Mr. Clement did not divulge the other problems flowing from his behaviour.

“When Tony and I spoke about what happened more recently, it was presented to me as an isolated event, so I was not expecting there to be other types of events,” Mr. Scheer said. “This was a shock to me when I was made aware of the situation.”

The fact that Mr. Clement was exposed to extortion has raised questions about his presence up until this week on a committee of MPs and senators that oversees the activities of Canada’s national-security agencies. The committee, which operates behind closed doors, requires its members to obtain a security clearance given their access to classified information – but Mr. Clement only resigned on Wednesday.

Pierre-Yves Bourduas, a security expert and former RCMP deputy commissioner, said Mr. Clement should have acted sooner. “If someone is in a position of vulnerability, they should recuse themselves until the matter is dealt with,” he said in an interview.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-tony-clement-admits-to-multiple-acts-of-infidelity/
=================================================

He "outed" himself to end his vulnerbility. He did the correct thing. Even the mounties can only carp that he shudda dunnit sooner. This is mkddle-age crazy ... and he repented on his own because he saw where the other path led. I think he should be given some credit, if only pour encourager les autres.
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And look at this ... another victim!

Five female PC staffers sent sexually inappropriate texts by former Ford aide, sources say
By ROB FERGUSONQueen's Park Bureau
ROBERT BENZIEQueen's Park Bureau Chief
Thu., Nov. 8, 2018
At least five female Progressive Conservative staffers received sexually inappropriate texts with photos attached from a former top aide to Premier Doug Ford, sources told the Star.

Complaints about late-night messages from Andrew Kimber, Ford’s executive director of issues management and legislative affairs — including pictures of him in underwear — led to his sudden departure last Friday morning.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford, right, and then-economic minister Jim Wilson at the Nottawasaga OPP detachment in Alliston on Oct. 11, 2018. Wilson was ousted last Friday along with Andrew Kimber, Ford’s executive director of issues management and legislative affairs.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford, right, and then-economic minister Jim Wilson at the Nottawasaga OPP detachment in Alliston on Oct. 11, 2018. Wilson was ousted last Friday along with Andrew Kimber, Ford’s executive director of issues management and legislative affairs. (BRAD PRITCHARD / METROLAND)

Breaking his silence for the first time since the allegations surfaced, Kimber said in a Twitter statement Thursday that he is sorry for his “unacceptable” conduct.

“I unreservedly apologize for the pain I have caused others by my recent actions,” he wrote.

“Everyone has the right to live and work free from harassment, and I’m sorry for those who I have hurt. I am also sorry to my friends and colleagues in the Ford government and the disservice I brought to the office,” Kimber added. ...
https://www.thestar.com/politics/provincial/2018/11/08/five-female-pc-staffers-sent-sexually-inappropriate-texts-by-former-ford-aide-sources-say.html

Tell me this isn't like a pogrom against men!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

Jump to: