Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( former mp Kerry Lynne Findlay is also back in South Surrey White Rock , even after losing the by election to the liberals in a previously safe conservative riding )

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · 3h3 hours ago

We're putting our 2019 team together! SHARE to congratulate Kerry-Lynne Findlay! #cdnpoli

( new candidate Yvonne Robertson was nominated in Don Valley West , which is Kathleen Wynne's riding provincially but had been cpc in 2011 , although that mp appears to have retired and cpc found a new candidate )

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · 18h18 hours ago

Welcome Yvonne Robertson to the Conservative Team! SHARE the good news! #cdnpoli
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas Smith secures Conservative Party nomination for federal election

Smith says “it’s time for a change.”
Julien Gignac/
Sep. 26, 2018 5:30 p.m./
Local News/
News

Jonas Smith officially secured the Conservative Party of Canada nomination to run for the sole Yukon seat during the next federal election.

“I would submit, respectfully, that it’s time for a change,” he told the News on Sept. 25. “I’ve been hearing from a lot of people they’re ready for a new perspective and someone who’s going to not only put in the miles but actually deliver on things that are important to Yukoners.”

Yukon Liberal MP Larry Bagnell did not return requests for comment.

Smith, 44, was uncontested.

He chalked this up, in part, to his prior experience in the “political machine” and knowing the movers and shakers in the territory.

“I was the only one to submit the application, but there were certainly others interested,” he said. “The more I talked to people the more people bounced it back to me and said ‘Well, you know Jonas, why don’t you think about running.’

“To be honest, I had not thought about it until relatively recently.”

Smith, a former bass player for a punk band, announced he was running for the nomination on Sept. 6. The period to apply expired two weeks later, on Sept. 20.

Smith served as campaign manager to former premier Darrell Pasloski during the 2011 territorial election. After Pasloski’s win, he worked as his executive assistant. Eventually, he took on the role of deputy chief of staff before moving into a position as executive director of the Klondike Placer Miners Association in 2016.

Currently, he is also the Yukon representative on the Conservative Party’s national council, a position he’s held for the last 2.5 years.

While still too early to unfurl a Conservative Party platform (the next federal election is slated for next October), Smith said ideas specific to the Yukon have started to be deliberated.

He said he’s focused on providing opportunities to Yukoners, in line with the ones available to his grandparents in the 1940s, then, later, his own parents.

“I think Yukon has a lot of potential, but, presently, the public sector is the number one employer,” he said. “I would like my children to have a lot more opportunity in the private sector. (The) government needs to set the stage for the private sector to provide economic prosperity to generate jobs, to generate tax revenue, so we can all enjoy the considerable standard of life here in the Yukon.”

https://www.yukon-news.com/news/jonas-smith-secures-conservative-party-nomination-for-federal-election/
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( Brad Redekopp was nominated in Saskatoon West , an ndp stronghold in downtown Saskatoon , he had previously ran against Brad Trost for the cpc nomination in another Saskatoon riding )

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · Oct 2

Welcome .@bradredekopp to the Conservative Team! The momentum is building for our positive Conservative vision - RETWEET to share the great news! #cdnpoli

( former mp Costas Menegakis was nominated in Richmond Hill , he gave up his campaign for the cpc nomination in Aurora Oak Ridges Richmond Hill when Leona Alleslev crossed the floor )

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · 21h21 hours ago

Welcome .@CostasMenegakis to the Conservative Team! The momentum is building for our positive Conservative vision - SHARE the good news! #cdnpoli
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( Alan Keeso was just nominated as the cpc candidate in Kitchener South - Hespeler , he'll face rookie liberal mp Marwan Tabbara , an mp I can't recall ever seeing in the house of commons and comes with an extremely short political resume . his Wikipedia page mentions he graduated from the university of Guelph and worked at frito lay but that's about it .

the cpc riding members also defeated 2015 candidate of record Marian Gagne as she lost to Keeso )

Alan Keeso‏ @AlanKeeso · 2h2 hours ago

THANK YOU #Kitchener South--#Hespeler Conservatives for placing your confidence in me, to a team who helped us to finish strong, & friends & family for cheering us on. Renewing my pledge: I will not be outworked for our residents in KSH. Looking fwd to getting back to the doors!
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( also one candidate who won't be running for the cpc in 2019 after initially wanting to do so , is former Winnipeg mp Steven Fletcher , he just cancelled his cpc membership .

but unclear if he plans to stay in provincial politics , run as an independent or run for the Peoples Party )

Steven Fletcher‏Verified account @HonSFletcher · 3h3 hours ago

Today I resign my membership in the Conservative Party of Canada. I do so with a heavy heart but with principle, good public policy and a better Canada as my goal. Membership in the Conservative Party of Canada has proven to be useless.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meet new Conservative MP candidate Alan Keeso

Served in Canadian reserves in infantry

News 08:52 PM by Namish Modi  Waterloo Chronicle|

Alan Keeso(left) has been named Kitchener South-Hespeler's candidate for the 2019 federal election. On the right is Andrew Scheer, the federal Conservative leader. - Conservative Party of Canada

Alan Keeso, the new Conservative MP candidate in Kitchener-South Hespeler, says competitive economy in the region as well as fiscal responsibility are a couple of the main issues facing the area.

“Primarily there is a big concern on fiscal responsibility, tax dollars going towards servicing the debt, versus services people that need, so there is a real call for return to fiscal responsibility (for) future generations, as well and what that debt is going to do them," he said.

The 35-year-old was born and raised in Listowel, but has travelled a fare bit for education, sports, and professional opportunities.

Keeso played hockey on a scholarship at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Massachussetts while he also earned two Master’s degrees at Oxford University; in biodiversity and business.

He also served in the Canadian reserves as an officer in the infantry in Vancouver before his time in the United Kingdom. When he returned from the U.K., he decided politics would be a good way to serve.

“It’s really a calling to serve, years ago, when asking the question, what’s the best way for me to serve, it was in our armed forces, i felt hat the skill set i had at the time was best put to use with boots on the ground in the infantry, and serving our country that way,” said Keeso.

Keeso says he has a very supportive family from his wife Jacqueline, as well has his parents and siblings in Listowel. He moved to the Kitchener South-Hespeler area this past summer, but has lived in the Region for a while.

The main facility of Keeso’s family’ sawmill, Keeso Ltd and Sons Ltd., burnt down in September in a devastating fire, but the cause of the fire was unknown.

In addition, Keeso worked a fare bit with Kitchener South-Hespeler MPP Amy Fee on her successful campaign and has also had some interaction with MP of Perth-Wellington, John Nater.

Keeso’s main competitor for a spot in the House of Commons in 2019 will likely be current Liberal MP Marwan Tabbara.

“I haven’t spoken to him yet, i’m sure at some point down the road, we will be connecting certainly in debate form we’ll be connecting there of course, i’m sure we’ll be in touch before long hee in the months ahead,” said Keeso.

“I want to congratulate Alan on his nomination. I look forward to meeting him and discussing important issues that impact Kitchener South-Hespeler,” Tabbara said in a statement. “I’m certain we will have different viewpoints on a range of topics but a healthy conversation and robust debate is what our community expects of us. I want to welcome him on his recent arrival in our great community, in which I’ve lived for the past 29 years.”

https://www.waterloochronicle.ca/news-story/8960522-meet-new-conservative-mp-candidate-alan-keeso/
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty Morantz wins federal Conservative nomination

City councillor will run for Charleswood-St. James-Assiniboia-Headingley seat

CBC News · Posted: Oct 14, 2018 9:13 AM CT | Last Updated: October 14

City councillor Marty Morantz will be the Conservative candidate for the Charleswood-St. James-Assiniboia-Headingley riding in the upcoming federal election. (Jeff Stapleton/CBC)

City councillor Marty Morantz will be the Conservative candidate for the Charleswood-St. James-Assiniboia-Headingley riding in the upcoming federal election.

The councillor for Charleswood-Tuxedo-Whyte Ridge announced his bid for the federal Conservative nomination in May and said he wouldn't be seeking re-election to city hall.

In a tweet Saturday, the Tory electoral district association said Morantz had beaten out community advocate Stephen Barber for the spot.

"I'll be listening to the people of Charleswood, St. James-Assiniboia and Headingley to ensure your voices are represented in Ottawa," read a tweet from Morantz's twitter account Saturday.

"Defeating Justin Trudeau in 2019 will be about teamwork."

Morantz, first elected to city council in 2014, will run in the federal riding currently held by Liberal MP Doug Eyolfson.

The seat and its predecessors have gone back and forth between conservative parties and the Liberals over the past two decades. Eyolfson won the seat in 2015 by defeating Conservative MP Steven Fletcher by 6,122 votes.

Four candidates — Kevin Klein, Kevin Nichols, Ken St. George and former city councillor Grant Nordman — are vying to fill Morantz's spot as Charleswood-Tuxedo-Whyte Ridge councillor.

The 2018 Winnipeg civic election will be held Oct. 24.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/marty-morantz-federal-conservatives-nomination-1.4862358
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Brampton Conservative MP Seeback not ruling out nomination run in Dufferin-Caledon, blasting two other official candidates for being ‘disrespectful’ for challenging Conservative MP Tilson

By Abbas Rana Oct. 15, 2018

Former Brampton Conservative MP Kyle Seeback says he will make a decision about running in Dufferin-Caledon after the Oct. 22 municipal election.

Five-term Conservative MP David Tilson, left, is not seeking re-election in 2019. Former Queen's Park staffer Kevin Weatherbee, and manager of a local cab company Harzadan Khattra are now seeking the Conservative party nomination in the riding. Former Conservative MP Kyle Seeback could also run for nomination in the riding. The Hill Times photographs, and courtesy of Facebook and Kevin Weatherbee

The Conservative nomination in the coveted riding of Dufferin-Caledon, Ont., hasn't officially opened up yet, but a heated war of words is happening among Tories with one potential candidate blasting the two party-approved candidates for being “disrespectful” to challenge incumbent five-term MP David Tilson, who only recently announced that he won’t seek re-election in 2019. “The people that decided to challenge David in the nomination should take a long hard look in the mirror because David deserved the

https://www.hilltimes.com/2018/10/15/former-brampton-conservative-mp-seeback-not-ruling-nomination-run-dufferin-caledon-blasting-two-official-candidates-disrespectful-challenging-conservative/172208

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  

Jump to: