Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( its now unclear if the original accuser will testify or not , they have no concerns about the format and if an outside counsel would question her and have issues with the senate majority leader saying the democrats were running a smear campaign )

Kavanaugh hearing once again in doubt as Christine Ford raises new concerns

Brooke Singman By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Will the Senate Judiciary Committee agree to Christine Blasey Ford's demands?

Former Justice Department attorney John Yoo discusses the conditions laid out by Christine Blasey Ford, the women accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.

An attorney for the woman who accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her decades ago has raised fresh concerns about the format for Thursday's highly anticipated hearing with her and the Supreme Court nominee.

The letter raising those issues once again could throw into doubt the scheduled hearing, which has been the subject of ever-changing negotiations since Christine Blasey Ford first went public.

In the message, sent to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley late Monday and obtained by Fox News, her attorney took issue with apparent plans for an outside counsel to ask questions -- as well as fiery comments made by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., accusing Democrats of a "smear campaign."

“We are finding it difficult to reconcile your letter and [staff member Mike Davis'] note with the Majority Leader’s speech this afternoon on the Senate floor. As Dr. Blasey Ford has been clear since her experience was first made public, she came forward because she believes it is her civic duty to tell the truth about the sexual assault she experienced,” wrote Michael Bromwich, her attorney and a former Justice Department inspector general.

“You said in your letter that you intend to provide a ‘fair and credible’ process ... Yet earlier today, the Majority Leader dismissed Dr. Ford’s experience as a ‘smear campaign,’ claiming mistakenly that the witnesses’ statements to the Committee constitute ‘a complete lack of evidence,’ implying that there has been a thorough investigation,” the letter read.

Bromwich specifically raised concerns with an email from Davis that apparently suggested an outside counsel would question Ford.

“This hearing plan that Mr. Davis described does not appear designed to provide Dr. Blasey Ford with fair and respectful treatment,” Bromwich wrote. “In our view, the hiring of an unnamed ‘experienced sex crimes prosecutor,’ as Mr. Davis described in his email, is contrary to the Majority’s repeated emphasis on the need for the Senate and this Committee’s members to fulfill their constitutional obligations.”

He added: “It is also inconsistent with your stated wish to avoid a ‘circus,’ as well as Dr. Blasey Ford’s requests through counsel that senators conduct the questioning. This is not a criminal trial for which the involvement of an experienced sex crimes prosecutor would be appropriate.”

He went on to request the prosecutor's resume "immediately" and asked to meet with her Tuesday.

The note is the latest twist in the tumultuous talks between the committee and Ford. Her story first emerged in the media, though was relayed over the summer to the committee's top Democrat, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who has since faced GOP criticism for sitting on the accusations citing Ford's initial desire for confidentiality.

Ford accused Kavanaugh of covering her mouth and trying to remove her clothing at a party in the early 1980s, when both were in high school.

The committee has offered for Ford to share her testimony in public or private, or over the phone. She and her team previously accepted an invitation to testify Thursday.

Kavanaugh has denied Ford's allegation, as well as that of another woman who alleges he exposed himself to her while at Yale University.

"What I know is the truth, and the truth is I've never sexually assaulted anyone," Kavanaugh told Fox News' Martha MacCallum in an exclusive interview on Monday.

Kavanaugh also told MacCallum that he would not withdraw his name from consideration over the allegations.

"I want a fair process where I can defend my integrity, and I know I'm telling the truth," the judge said. "I know my lifelong record and I'm not going to let false accusations drive me out of this process. I have faith in God and I have faith in the fairness of the American people."

http://www.foxnews.com/politic.....cerns.html
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is Democrat strategy, and you have to give it to them ... they are executing. The weak point in their teamwork is the complainants -- who seem to be reluctant and afraid. Otherwise, it's a well-oiled machine which is smoothly integrated into the news and' entertainment media.

At this point, anything could happen.

What the Democrat plan doesn't include is the Republican reaction. It's always dangerous to generalize too much, but if you're liking what the economy is doing -- and it is doing very well -- won't all of this hoopla energize the Republicans as much as the Democrats?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-24/real-red-wave-republican-sentiment-soars-record-high

The Democrats are offering open borders, higher taxes, and stopping Trump. I dunno, is that a winning formula?

It looks to me as if the polls are deceiving us (again) and Republicans will gain out of this trashy uproar. There's a chance that Ford will give a good account of herself ... but Kavanaugh can put his qualities on display as well. In the end, she likely has no evidence, and he stands tall.

The Republicans likely fear that if they fail to deliver on this nomination, they will lose the Senate as well as the House. (It may not be true, but the fear will be there.) They will end up carrying the day, while the Democrats go to war behind the flag of more respect for women ... open borders ... Moslem rights ... higher taxes ...

If I weren't being constantly told that Trump is an idiot whose administration is in chaos, I would think the Democrats are idiots who are in a state of constant chaos, even when going into a campaign.
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still one has to wonder what if this situation was reversed , what would the democrats be saying ?

lets say the democrats held a slim lead in the senate and a democratic president had nominated a very liberal male judge in the months close to an election .

then days before he's set to be voted on , a republican women from lets say Texas comes forward with a similar accusation . was assaulted at a high school party 35 years ago. but like ford cannot provide any evidence , no witnesses can back up her story , she cannot remember the exact location , date , reason for being there or any such details and she never told anyone about it till now so there are no people to verify her story

and then she claims to want to remain anonymous yet manages to hire high profile republican friendly lawyers and takes a lie detector test before the accusations have even gone public

are we expected to believe that media outlets like CNN , CBC , NBC would be telling everyone we needed to believe this woman and have an FBI investigation first , if not simply reject this judge all together

everyone knows if the situation was reversed this story would get buried faster than anything , it would never have gone this far and the liberal media would of openly questioned the credibility of the accusations as there is no evidence or witnesses to back anything up . and question why a woman openly registered as a republican suddenly came forward ? and managed to find high profile republican leaning lawyers to push her case in DC

I'm certain if this was reversed the liberal media would openly be saying this was garbage if they even bothered to report the story.

its only cause there so desperate to smear trump with anything negative that there willing to push a story that is not based on evidence and comes from people with open biases and political agenda's
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting article from Rich Lowry ...

Quote:
The Assault on Kavanaugh is proving Trump voters right

The attempted political assassination of Brett Kavanaugh is bad for the country, but good for a Trumpian attitude toward American politics.

The last-minute ambush validates key assumptions of Trump’s supporters that fueled his rise and buttress him in office, no matter how rocky the ride has been or will become. At least three key premises have been underlined by tawdry events of the last couple of weeks.

First, that good character is no defense. If you are John McCain, who genuinely tried to do the right thing and carefully cultivated a relationship with the media over decades, they will still call you a racist when you run against Barack Obama.

If you are Mitt Romney, an exceptionally earnest and decent man, they will make you into a heartless and despicable vulture capitalist, also for the offense of campaigning against Obama.

If you are Brett Kavanaugh, a respected member of the legal establishment who doesn’t have a flyspeck on his record across decades of public service in Washington, they will come up with dubious accusations of wrongdoing from decades ago when you were a teenager.

Second, that the media is an unremitting political and cultural adversary. In the Kavanaugh controversy, the press has been wholly on the other side, presuming his guilt and valorizing his accusers and their supporters, including Hawaii Sen. Mazie Hirono, whose most famous contribution to the debate was telling men to “shut up.” The advocacy isn’t limited to cable networks or the Twitter feeds of journalists. It reaches all the way up the food chain.

The New Yorker, which imagines itself an upholder of the finest standards of American journalism, which sports a refined monocle-wearing dandy as its mascot, which was once edited by that famous paragon of editorial care, William Shawn, happily published a new accusation against Kavanaugh even though the accuser herself had doubts about it (she only became convinced of it after days of consideration and talks with her lawyer).

The New York Times passed on the story when it couldn’t find any first-hand corroboration of it. The New Yorker didn’t allow that to become an obstacle.

Third, that politics isn’t just rough-and-tumble; it’s red in tooth and claw. Process and norms are nice, but they go out the window as soon as something important is at stake, like a potential fifth vote on the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Senate Democrats may delicately talk about the importance of norms and civility on Sunday shows, but watch how they act. They sat on an accusation throughout an extensive process of vetting and questioning a nominee, then declared it dispositive evidence against his confirmation when it leaked at the 11th hour. They delayed a hearing with Christine Blasey Ford long enough to allow time for the second accuser to be persuaded to come forward.

All of this plays into Trump’s support. Surely, a reason that the president appealed to many Republicans in the first place, despite his extravagant personal failings, was that they had decided that virtuous men would get smeared and chewed up by the opposition’s meat grinder, so why be a stickler for standards?

If Trump’s attacks against the media are over-the-top and sometimes disgraceful, at least he understands the score.

He may not be a constitutionalist, but he will be faithful to his own side, and fiercely battle it out with his political opponents.

The logic of this dynamic is risky. It can be self-defeating, and lead down the road of supporting, say, a Roy Moore, a kooky candidate doomed in even red Alabama. It can be corrupting, if character and standards are no longer considered important. But the dark view of our politics that has driven the Trump phenomenon for three years now is impossible to gainsay. Who can watch the frenzied assault on Brett Kavanaugh and say that it’s wrong?
https://nypost.com/2018/09/24/the-assault-on-kavanaugh-is-proving-trump-voters-right/

This touches on the reality of what they mean when they say these things aren't 'good for the country'.

My take: whatever happened back in Washington's day (as TC would have it) there was an acceptance of what a Supreme Court judge should be. 'Fundamentally, they should be genuinely 'learned in the law' ... and of course, they should be above reproach in their social lives. (But that doesn't mean they can't have childhoods.)

The problem is that Supreme Court nominations are motivated, in part, by a desire for revenge. Some Democrats -- including Alan Dershowitz -- think Garland was jobbed out of a spot on the Court. (I usually go along with Dershowitz.) So the Dems come out of that scuffle with a desire to block this nomination that has nothing to do with the actual candidate.

This goes back to the Bork nomination, and was escalated with the Thomas nomination. This goes on on both sides, but let's face it -- the Republicans are usually playing catch-up. And it is their candidates that get blocked.

This is another escalation. I can hardly imagine what the next Supreme Court nomination process will be like. I don't see 'how they can be held in public anymore.
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

just for curiosity sake lets say several " republican " women came out and accused Joe Biden of sexual assault 30 plus years ago when they were at a party with him but they couldn't remember the exact date or location , had no physical evidence to back up there claims , all witnesses said they didn't remember anything happening or weren't present and they had high priced republican connected lawyers representing them

would you honestly believe these women ? I'd seriously like to know , cause its basically the situation we have with Kavanaugh except there democratic women

Sure, Fair enough question.

Id feel the same, hear them out and investigate.

But, the comparison is not the same.

For one, not everyone, at least now that more has come out, is on the Kavanugh wagon. There is a woman who has been identified as Renate Alumni and she signed the support letter for Kavanaugh unaware she was mocked by Kavanaugh and numerous others as being 'bedded'.

Now there is no support from her.

We also know Kavanaugh had a bad drinking problem, getting blacked out drunk along with his buddy who refuses to be questioned by the Senate.

Then there is the writings of Kavanugh and the same buddy . All point to the fact that this guy is likely bad news.

However, if Joe Biden detractors could show Joe was a drunk (he is certainly handsy) and fondled woman in his youth then the same applies.

For me, it is not a Dem/Rep thing. It goes beyond that.

For the Democrats, Sen. Hatch and McConnel provide me daily with a chuckle with their protestations when a scant 2 yrs ago outright refused whoever the Dems were going to post up as nominee for SC.
Now they are getting the same treatment albeit with some substance.

So...yup, if Biden was an abuser, the same applies.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you catch the speech today from Trump?

The audience was laughing at him. Now thats a first...well not really, there are plenty of laughs sine day one.

Was quite funny.
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
RCO wrote:

just for curiosity sake lets say several " republican " women came out and accused Joe Biden of sexual assault 30 plus years ago when they were at a party with him but they couldn't remember the exact date or location , had no physical evidence to back up there claims , all witnesses said they didn't remember anything happening or weren't present and they had high priced republican connected lawyers representing them

would you honestly believe these women ? I'd seriously like to know , cause its basically the situation we have with Kavanaugh except there democratic women

For one, not everyone, at least now that more has come out, is on the Kavanugh wagon. There is a woman who has been identified as Renate Alumni and she signed the support letter for Kavanaugh unaware she was mocked by Kavanaugh and numerous others as being 'bedded'.

We also know Kavanaugh had a bad drinking problem, getting blacked out drunk along with his buddy who refuses to be questioned by the Senate.

Then there is the writings of Kavanugh and the same buddy . All point to the fact that this guy is likely bad news.

However, if Joe Biden detractors could show Joe was a drunk (he is certainly handsy) and fondled woman in his youth then the same applies.

For the Democrats, Sen. Hatch and McConnel provide me daily with a chuckle with their protestations when a scant 2 yrs ago outright refused whoever the Dems were going to post up as nominee for SC.

I don't think CNN and MSNBC would be telling people to " believe " the republican women if they came out with similar accusations under similar circumstances , without evidence and without living witnesses . the story would NOT be getting press

I'm not saying its not possible Kavanaugh did something bad in his teen years but doesn't everyone ? do we hear of grown men being rejected for jobs cause of something they " might " of done at a high school party 30 or 40 years earlier ?

the problem many senators are having , that I read about in another article . is how do you justify ruining a man's life of the basis of an accusation which cannot be proven as true or false . due to the lack of evidence and witnesses .

would it be right to ruin a man's life if you were not sure he was guilty or not and could not verify if the accusation was truthful .

at this point there seems to at least be a consensus that it would be virtually impossible to get to the bottom of this accusation and ever determine if the event happened or not

obviously things would be much different if Ford had the so called " smoking gun " piece of evidence ( the senate would have no choice but to reject him ) , a photograph of her and kavanaugh together maybe at this party ? a video of him assaulting a woman , something that would connected the dots and proved her case but at this point she appears to have virtually nothing
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
RCO wrote:

You could use the example of Clinton, who is a real life proven serial rapist amongst other things.

I thought Bill Clinton''s grossest fetish was despoiling a young woman to wet down his cigar ... that was worthy of a villain from a Batman movie ... gotta hand it to Bill Clinton, he has some of that Hollywood style.

But that's only one of his flaws. You lived through those times, so tell us of your judgements then. How appalled were you, in real life? Did you just let it pass with a smirk?

Did you find yourself pulling for Dole? I can't imagine that. So quit pretending.

Don't predict what they would be if you lived up to your claims in real life. When did you start doing that?

========================

By the way, the woman's name is Renate Schroeder, and the alumni is a 'tease' in a yearbook that the school issued. There's some kind of joke about it. It could be sexual, but it doesn't have to be. Kavanaugh did not edit the yearbook, and probably didn't know what was in it until it was released.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

I don't think CNN and MSNBC would be telling people to " believe " the republican women if they came out with similar accusations under similar circumstances , without evidence and without living witnesses . the story would NOT be getting press

Well, you can think that but thats entirely without merit. Not to mention ignoring history.

So similar circumstances means....
Knowingly black out drunk numerous times.
Knowingly capable to do things because of a drinking issue.
Posts about banging Renate and putting it on your year book page.
The roommate confirms as much.
The roommate believes Renate and throws shade on the accused.

And then... the accused goes on dog whistle news and says..." I was a virgin in high school and beyond' ignoring of course all the posts and printed matter he penned that suggests otherwise . (that was pretty funny to hear--did you see his wifes face?
Quote:

I'm not saying its not possible Kavanaugh did something bad in his teen years but doesn't everyone ?

And therein lies the problem . men who think this way.

How f***ing ridiculous to say such a thing.

So, do tell, how many women have you attempted to rape ? How many in high school?

5..10? More?

Or more like none since most men have no inclination to do or attempt to rape another student .

It is NOT the norm , not then not now not in the future .

So think back, how many guys did you hang around with who attempted rape? I am willing to bet.... zero nada none.

And you know why? Because for the most part you me and our Friends are halfway decent human beings.
Quote:

do we hear of grown men being rejected for jobs cause of something they " might " of done at a high school party 30 or 40 years earlier ?

Its not a question and there isnt an answer. Most every job interview is done without publicity.
I can tell you this for a fact, plenty actually get passed over because of things they have done either at a company function or that someone else witnessed or knew about.
I also know for a fact that the owner of a business I am intimately involved in is never going to get where he wants because his reputation is not where he thinks it is. He is considered a cad , boorish and not near as funny as he thinks he is, and to boot, he is a womanizer and women are the ones making the call.

Quote:

the problem many senators are having , that I read about in another article . is how do you justify ruining a man's life of the basis of an accusation which cannot be proven as true or false . due to the lack of evidence and witnesses .

This 'ruin' a life is frankly bullshit.

Did his money disappear? Did his job get let go to another ?

Its not like he will go to jail, although he should have if...if....it could have been proven back then. Of course he wouldnt have been a judge but thats for another day.

So he may lose his SC nomination, perhaps he wont. At the end of the day, he can be told, thanks, go back to your day job. And he could.
Quote:

would it be right to ruin a man's life if you were not sure he was guilty or not and could not verify if the accusation was truthful .

Spare me the tears please.

If you want 'right'... go look at the number of people incarcerated (and put to death) for crimes they had nothing to do with.

Quote:

at this point there seems to at least be a consensus that it would be virtually impossible to get to the bottom of this accusation and ever determine if the event happened or not

That may be true. I cannot dispute that.

But there is certainly enough evidence in its totality to suggest, Sorry Kavanaugh, yer out !

Lets not forget, he is not the best candidate out there. Never was. But he is a man. The better one was the woman, she had the least baggage, but the orange one has a thing against women so Kavanaugh it is..

Quote:
something that would connected the dots and proved her case but at this point she appears to have virtually nothing

Except a stellar reputation , backing from HIS friends, his postings from the past, his roommate agreeing it is likely....

Virtually nothing? Oh please, stop with the bugs conspiracy bullshit.

The Reps should just say " we were wrong on McFarland" and apologize and here is someone else we think is a good candidate for SC.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

You could use the example of Clinton, who is a real life proven serial rapist amongst other things.

Was he charged and convicted? I guess so since it has been proven...right?
Quote:

But that's only one of his flaws. You lived through those times, so tell us of your judgements then. How appalled were you, in real life? Did you just let it pass with a smirk?

I was not as heavily invested in Am politics at that time, nor was there 1/100th the amount of info as one has now.
As for Lewinsky saga, I thought damn dude....dumb dumb dumb to get into a political pickle with her. But none of it was coerced that we knew at the time.

As time progressed I became aware that the guy did have some serious issues, but again, not really following American news all that much.

Quote:

Don't predict what they would be if you lived up to your claims in real life. When did you start doing that?

Huh?

========================
Quote:

By the way, the woman's name is Renate Schroeder, and the alumni is a 'tease' in a yearbook that the school issued. There's some kind of joke about it. It could be sexual, but it doesn't have to be. Kavanaugh did not edit the yearbook, and probably didn't know what was in it until it was released.

Uh oh...someone has gone full stupid again.... or comedy central so thanks Bugs.

1)woman's name is Renate Schroeder- Well aware of that, but Kavanuagh didnt want it obvious. The one who didnt know was Renate.

2) It could be sexual, but it doesn't have to be- true...but it was known to refer to 'banging her'....as all the guys claimed.

and lets have a the finale...the big laugh...drum roll please.....

3)Kavanaugh did not edit the yearbook, and probably didn't know what was in it until it was released- LOL! The posts in the year book are written by the student themself, so Kavanaugh didnt know what he wrote?...and neither did the other nine guys who used the same phrase ?

Must have been hammered again.

LOL!

Too funny. Dont trip over yourself running away now.
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
RCO wrote:

Well, you can think that but thats entirely without merit. Not to mention ignoring history.

So similar circumstances means....
Knowingly black out drunk numerous times.
Knowingly capable to do things because of a drinking issue.
Posts about banging Renate and putting it on your year book page.
The roommate confirms as much.
The roommate believes Renate and throws shade on the accused.

And then... the accused goes on dog whistle news and says..." I was a virgin in high school and beyond' ignoring of course all the posts and printed matter he penned that suggests otherwise . (that was pretty funny to hear--did you see his wifes face?
Quote:

I'm not saying its not possible Kavanaugh did something bad in his teen years but doesn't everyone ?

And therein lies the problem . men who think this way.

How f***ing ridiculous to say such a thing.

So, do tell, how many women have you attempted to rape ? How many in high school?

5..10? More?

Or more like none since most men have no inclination to do or attempt to rape another student .

It is NOT the norm , not then not now not in the future .

So think back, how many guys did you hang around with who attempted rape? I am willing to bet.... zero nada none.

And you know why? Because for the most part you me and our Friends are halfway decent human beings.
Quote:

do we hear of grown men being rejected for jobs cause of something they " might " of done at a high school party 30 or 40 years earlier ?

Its not a question and there isnt an answer. Most every job interview is done without publicity.
I can tell you this for a fact, plenty actually get passed over because of things they have done either at a company function or that someone else witnessed or knew about.
I also know for a fact that the owner of a business I am intimately involved in is never going to get where he wants because his reputation is not where he thinks it is. He is considered a cad , boorish and not near as funny as he thinks he is, and to boot, he is a womanizer and women are the ones making the call.

Quote:

This 'ruin' a life is frankly bullshit.

Did his money disappear? Did his job get let go to another ?

Its not like he will go to jail, although he should have if...if....it could have been proven back then. Of course he wouldnt have been a judge but thats for another day.

So he may lose his SC nomination, perhaps he wont. At the end of the day, he can be told, thanks, go back to your day job. And he could.
Quote:

Spare me the tears please.

If you want 'right'... go look at the number of people incarcerated (and put to death) for crimes they had nothing to do with.

Quote:

That may be true. I cannot dispute that.

But there is certainly enough evidence in its totality to suggest, Sorry Kavanaugh, yer out !

Lets not forget, he is not the best candidate out there. Never was. But he is a man. The better one was the woman, she had the least baggage, but the orange one has a thing against women so Kavanaugh it is..

Quote:
something that would connected the dots and proved her case but at this point she appears to have virtually nothing

Except a stellar reputation , backing from HIS friends, his postings from the past, his roommate agreeing it is likely....

Virtually nothing? Oh please, stop with the bugs conspiracy bullshit.

The Reps should just say " we were wrong on McFarland" and apologize and here is someone else we think is a good candidate for SC.

personally at this point I don't believe Kavanaugh has committed sexual assault . was saying its possible he did something silly at a high school party which everyone does but not implying he crossed that line

I'm sure lots of people have gotten into trouble for things they did at a company function or Christmas party but that was in front of current employees . not 10 or 20 years earlier when they were teenagers in high school and not mature enough to know better

my fundamental problem with the " metoo " movement is the presumption of guilt once an alleged victim has come forward

one of the fundamental rights of our legal system is the presumption of innocent , one is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law

there needs to be ways for alleged victims to come forward and speak about there experiences. and for legal professionals to determine if there is grounds to lay criminal charges without first going public and ruining peoples lives who may be innocent and who wouldn't be convicted in a court of law

also with the presumption of guilt instead of innocent until proven guilty , do you not think some people might take advantage of that situation ?

what if someone wanted to get back at an ex boyfriend , teacher they didn't like , employer they had a grudge against . and they knew all they had to do was scream sexual assault and they'd go down in flames as everyone has been told to believe the accuser even if they cannot provide any evidence or proof to back up there story

do you honestly not think there is people out there who would take advantage of this situation and make something up ?

this is where metoo starts to become dangerous and our basic legal rights are threatened
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Bugs wrote:

BUGS SEZ: Argue it with Juanita Broderick. Let's just say the evidence is way better than it is for the flaky psychologist. And the fact that he paid Paula $850,000 settlement suggests that it was worth a lot to keep her quiet.

Quote:

I was not as heavily invested in Am politics at that time, nor was there 1/100th the amount of info as one has now.
As for Lewinsky saga, I thought damn dude....dumb dumb dumb to get into a political pickle with her. But none of it was coerced that we knew at the time.

As time progressed I became aware that the guy did have some serious issues, but again, not really following American news all that much.

BUGS SEZ: Didn't follow American news? What's that got to do with what was probably the biggest story of that year. Blow jobs in the Oval Office while on the phone to Arafat ... remember?

You expect us to laud you for your moral sensitivity? Now, you are willing to join the mob and lynch someone on totally uncorroborated allegations alone! Clinton's use of the Oval Office ... yawn ...

Quote:

Huh?

BUGS SEZ: It is a complex idea. Why should anyone believe that you'd impeach a Democrat on the same evidence? You are a social justice weenie.

========================
Quote:

Uh oh...someone has gone full stupid again.... or comedy central so thanks Bugs.

1)woman's name is Renate Schroeder- Well aware of that, but Kavanuagh didnt want it obvious. The one who didnt know was Renate.

2) It could be sexual, but it doesn't have to be- true...but it was known to refer to 'banging her'....as all the guys claimed
BUGS SEZ: I read a different version. Your source? Hmmmm? Maybe it was the same one ... what would that mean? The NYT (a former newspaper) is capable of twisting the truth.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/.....b-83873765

3)Kavanaugh did not edit the yearbook, and probably didn't know what was in it until it was released- LOL! The posts in the year book are written by the student themself, so Kavanaugh didnt know what he wrote?...and neither did the other nine guys who used the same phrase ?

BUGS SEZ: The students wrote the yearbook, but that doesn't mean that Kavanaugh was involved. He was more in the athletics end of the school activity. But enjoy your mindless laughter.

LOL!

BUGS SEZ: When I leave your company, I am not running away. I am feeling the need of a shower.

Last edited by Bugs on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No answer about the number of attempted rapes you or friends have tried? Or are you willing to post up that it was a silly comment?

Quote:

personally at this point I don't believe Kavanaugh has committed sexual assault . was saying its possible he did something silly at a high school party which everyone does but not implying he crossed that line

Lets see.....

A woman, at her therapist in 2012 tells of an attempted rape many years ago.

She must have done that to ensure that when Kavanaugh gets nominated to the Supreme Court in 2018 she can talk about it and screw his nomination.

But yet, posts of the FFFFFFourth of July Club , heavy drinking to blackout stage, captions posted and I quote " some women are like gongs — they need to be struck regularly' , roommate who is quoted saying Kavanaugh is less trustworthy than Prof Ford. ( BTW, any idea what FFFFFFourth of July means ? )

Stop being so damn partisan about this and look at the facts, and certainly turn off Fox.(Hell, they refused to show the audience laughing at Trump, it was hilarious!)

Make your own mind up
Quote:

I'm sure lots of people have gotten into trouble for things they did at a company function or Christmas party but that was in front of current employees . not 10 or 20 years earlier when they were teenagers in high school and not mature enough to know better

Yes, and no. Plenty of people have been kept down at lower levels for shite they did eons ago .
Quote:

my fundamental problem with the " metoo " movement is the presumption of guilt once an alleged victim has come forward

For the most part , they are showing guilt .

But in this case he isnt being tried in a court. He has been nominated as SC Judge. If enough folks think his past is a problem, he leaves and goes back to his old job.
Quote:

one of the fundamental rights of our legal system is the presumption of innocent , one is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law

Thats nice.

Irrelevant too. We are NOT in court room.
Quote:

there needs to be ways for alleged victims to come forward and speak about there experiences. and for legal professionals to determine if there is grounds to lay criminal charges without first going public and ruining peoples lives who may be innocent and who wouldn't be convicted in a court of law

Yes yes....like maybe we could have laws that make it illegal to say some things about people .

We could call it.... I dunno... how about libel and slander ? Has a nice ring to it no?
Quote:

also with the presumption of guilt instead of innocent until proven guilty , do you not think some people might take advantage of that situation ?

They can try .

And?
Quote:
what if someone wanted to get back at an ex boyfriend , teacher they didn't like , employer they had a grudge against . and they knew all they had to do was scream sexual assault and they'd go down in flames as everyone has been told to believe the accuser even if they cannot provide any evidence or proof to back up there story

You mean like Gomeshi ? Is he still in jail ?
Quote:

do you honestly not think there is people out there who would take advantage of this situation and make something up ?

No , never.

All people everywhere are nice innocent folk.

Quote:

this is where metoo starts to become dangerous and our basic legal rights are threatened

Ahh that old canard.

What legal right has been threatened?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix this first. Too hard to follow along and the formatting gets buggered when I try.
Bugs wrote:
Toronto Centre wrote:
Bugs wrote:

BUGS SEZ: Argue it with Juanita Broderick. Let's just say the evidence is way better than it is for the flaky psychologist. And the fact that he paid Paula $850,000 settlement suggests that it was worth a lot to keep her quiet.

Quote:

BUGS SEZ: Didn't follow American news? What's that got to do with what was probably the biggest story of that year. Blow jobs in the Oval Office while on the phone to Arafat ... remember?

You expect us to laud you for your moral sensitivity? Now, you are willing to join the mob and lynch someone on totally uncorroborated allegations alone! Clinton's use of the Oval Office ... yawn ...

Quote:

Huh?

BUGS SEZ: It is a complex idea. Why should anyone believe that you'd impeach a Democrat on the same evidence? You are a social justice weenie.

========================
Quote:

2) It could be sexual, but it doesn't have to be- true...but it was known to refer to 'banging her'....as all the guys claimed
BUGS SEZ: I read a different version. Your souce? Hmmmm? Maybe it was the same one ... what would that mean?

BUGS SEZ: The students wrote the yearbook, but that doesn't mean that Kavanaugh was involved. He was more in the athletics end of the school activity. But enjoy your mindless laughter.

LOL!

BUGS SEZ: When I leave your company, I am not running away. I am feeling the need of a shower.
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
No answer about the number of attempted rapes you or friends have tried? Or are you willing to post up that it was a silly comment?

Quote:

Lets see.....

A woman, at her therapist in 2012 tells of an attempted rape many years ago.

She must have done that to ensure that when Kavanaugh gets nominated to the Supreme Court in 2018 she can talk about it and screw his nomination.

But yet, posts of the FFFFFFourth of July Club , heavy drinking to blackout stage, captions posted and I quote " some women are like gongs — they need to be struck regularly' , roommate who is quoted saying Kavanaugh is less trustworthy than Prof Ford. ( BTW, any idea what FFFFFFourth of July means ? )

Stop being so damn partisan about this and look at the facts, and certainly turn off Fox.(Hell, they refused to show the audience laughing at Trump, it was hilarious!)

Make your own mind up
Quote:

Yes, and no. Plenty of people have been kept down at lower levels for shite they did eons ago .
Quote:

For the most part , they are showing guilt .

But in this case he isnt being tried in a court. He has been nominated as SC Judge. If enough folks think his past is a problem, he leaves and goes back to his old job.
Quote:

Thats nice.

Irrelevant too. We are NOT in court room.
Quote:

Yes yes....like maybe we could have laws that make it illegal to say some things about people .

We could call it.... I dunno... how about libel and slander ? Has a nice ring to it no?
Quote:

They can try .

And?
Quote:

You mean like Gomeshi ? Is he still in jail ?
Quote:

No , never.

All people everywhere are nice innocent folk.

Quote:

Ahh that old canard.

What legal right has been threatened?

I don't deny the possibility something happened to Mrs Ford at some point in her teen years , I'm not saying her visit to the therapist was no a real event .

the problem is she has such poor memory of the event and its not even clear if she knew her attacker before the incident , it would be impossible to blame a specific man for that event without more evidence

she's yet to even explain how she knew Kavanaugh back then , my understanding is she's claiming she heard his name used during the attack and she's never really claimed to have known him back then or been friends

also how is Kavanaugh suppose to just go back to his old job if he's not confirmed and still has accusations of sexual assault hanging over him

he is a judge , how is any judge suppose to just return to work , when they've been accused of a serious criminal offense and unable to prove there guilt or innocence

I also though liberals were against the death penalty because of the " wrongfully convicted " metoo is convicting people of sexual assault and ruining lives without a trial , doesn't that go against what liberals claim to be against ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next  

Jump to: