Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Bernier removed from CPC shadow cabinet Reply with quote

( in other news from Ottawa Maxime Bernier has been removed from the cpc shadow cabinet and its not exactly clear why , some are saying its cause of his position on supply management but its unclear if that is actually the reason or not )

David Akin 🇨🇦‏Verified account @davidakin · 1h1 hour ago

BREAKING: @AndrewScheer kicks @MaximeBernier out of his shadow cabinet. #cdnpoli

David Akin 🇨🇦‏Verified account @davidakin · 38m38 minutes ago

Why was @MaximeBernier booted from shadow cabinet? @AndrewScheer spox says: "No comment". Calls into Max to see what he says.

Robyn Urback‏Verified account @RobynUrback · 55m55 minutes ago

Robyn Urback Retweeted David Akin 🇨🇦

Free speech champion Andrew Scheer kicks Bernier out of shadow cabinet for speaking out in favour of free market
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxime Bernier booted from Conservative shadow cabinet

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:01PM EDT

Conservative MP Maxime Bernier, who ran for the federal party’s leadership last year and narrowly lost to Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer, has been removed from the Opposition shadow cabinet.

Scheer confirmed the decision in a brief statement Tuesday evening.

“I have removed Maxime Bernier from the Official Opposition Shadow Cabinet, effective immediately,” Scheer said in the statement.

Scheer did not offer an explanation for the move.

Bernier is a high-profile Conservative MP, having held two ministerial roles, including minister of foreign affairs, under former prime minister Stephen Harper.

Bernier is an ardent critic of Canada’s supply management system that puts rules on the sale of dairy, eggs and poultry. Supply management became a major issue in the Conservative leadership campaign, and Bernier vowed to take steps to abolish the system if elected.

After his loss, Bernier wrote a book that included allegations that Scheer recruited “fake Conservatives” to vote for him. Among those “fake Conservatives” were farmers in Quebec upset about Bernier’s opposition to the supply management system, he wrote.

“Andrew, along with several other candidates, was then busy touring Quebec’s agricultural belt, including my own riding of Beauce, to pick up support from these fake Conservatives,” Bernier wrote in an excerpt from the book, which has since been taken offline.

“He did what he thought he had to do to get the most votes, and that is fair game in a democratic system. But this also helps explain why so many people are so cynical about politics, and with good reason.”

In April, Bernier decided to “indefinitely” postpone publication of the book for the sake of “maintaining harmony” within the party.

Bernier served as the shadow minister for innovation, science and economic development. His role will be assumed by Matt Jeneroux on an interim basis, Scheer said.

Bernier represents the Quebec riding of Beauce.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/maxime-bernier-booted-from-conservative-shadow-cabinet-1.3970987
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(according to post he was removed because of his book , a book he promised the caucus he would not publish until he had left politics )

David Akin 🇨🇦‏Verified account @davidakin · 23m23 minutes ago

David Akin 🇨🇦‏Verified account @davidakin · 24m24 minutes ago

So this is complicated but bear with me: @AndrewScheer did not toss @MaximeBernier from shadow cabinet because Bernier renewed his campaign against supply management, according to a source close to Scheer.

No, Scheer was moved to act after Bernier published a chapter (the supply management chapter) from the book he promised the leader and caucus he would not publish or promote until he retired from politics.

So @MaximeBernier 's sin here, in Scheer's eyes, is: Breaking a commitment made to the leader and a commitment made to caucus. It was not Bernier's campaign against supply management. Take that as you will. #cdnpoli
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheer removes Bernier as innovation critic over posting book chapter online

By Mia Rabson. Published on Jun 13, 2018 1:14am

OTTAWA — Conservative Party Leader Andrew Scheer has removed Quebec MP Maxime Bernier from his role as the party’s innovation critic.

A senior Conservative source tells The Canadian Press that Scheer made the decision after finding out Monday that Bernier had posted to his personal website a chapter on supply management that is part of his forthcoming book.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Bernier “made a commitment to the leader and to caucus that he would no longer promote his book, and he misled the leader and the caucus.”

Bernier posted the chapter on June 5, but Scheer was not made aware of it until Monday.

Scheer said in a statement Tuesday night that science critic Matt Jeneroux would assume Bernier’s duties as innovation critic on an interim basis.

In a tweet late Tuesday, Bernier said the chapter is “the same that was publicly available for weeks” on his publisher’s website, before he decided to postpone the book indefinitely.

“There is nothing new, I did not ‘publish’ it,” he said.

The spat introduces a new fracture in an already tenuous relationship between the party leader and the man he beat out for the job a year ago.

Bernier first released the chapter in April, as a marketing tool for his book, “Doing Politics Differently: My Vision For Canada” which was supposed to be published in the fall. The chapter on supply management blamed the dairy lobby in Quebec for electing Scheer and called them fake Conservatives who only joined the party to vote against Bernier because he was advocating to get rid of supply management.

On April 18, after a tense caucus meeting in which other Conservative MPs accused Bernier of stabbing Scheer in the back and causing division within the party, Bernier announced he would postpone the publication indefinitely.

But on June 5, amid U.S. President Donald Trump’s latest attacks on Canada’s supply management system, Bernier quietly added the chapter to his personal website, where it can be downloaded.

In April 2017, during the party leadership campaign, Bernier penned an open letter to Trump in The Globe and Mail, thanking him for raising the issue of supply management and agreeing with him that “this protectionist system is unfair for the farmers in Wisconsin and other states, who cannot make a better living by selling their products to their Canadian neighbours.”

Bernier left the House of Commons before a vote Monday on an NDP motion condemning attacks by Trump and his officials on Canada, his tariffs on Canadian steel and aluminum and expressing support for supply management and Canada’s agriculture industries.

The motion passed unanimously as all parties rallied behind Trudeau to support Canadian industries like steel and dairy against Trump’s accusations of unfair trading practices.

The issue of supply management could hurt the Conservatives in Quebec in the next election for the same reason it hurt Bernier in the leadership race if dairy farmers feel the Conservatives won’t support it.

The Conservatives have jumped on Trudeau in recent days for allegedly offering concessions to the U.S. on dairy as part of negotiations for a new North American Free Trade Agreement. Trudeau met with dairy farmers in Ottawa Tuesday to reassure them of his support for the industry.

The Liberals have been doing everything to sow the seeds of discontent in the party over Bernier’s position on supply management, taunting the Conservatives in question period about it regularly in recent weeks.

The dairy industry is on edge thanks to direct and repeated attacks by Trump, who set his sights on supply management during the U.S. presidential election and hasn’t let up.

Trump says Canada imposes 270 per cent tariffs on U.S. milk and calls it unfair. However, the U.S. exports more milk to Canada than Canada does to the United States and Canadian critics say the U.S. dairy farmers are suffering because they are producing too much milk, creating a glut in the market that is depressing prices.

Supply management is a pricing control system where quotas are set to regulate production of products like milk, eggs and poultry.

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/06/13/scheer-removes-bernier-as-innovation-critic-over-posting-book-chapter-online/
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am concerned, Andrew Scheer is now a problem to dispose of.

He is as bad as any of them, suppressing the Truth to save his own embarrassment. So he is cashiering one of the few electoral assets he has, as he has already done with Kevin OLeary. What an asshole!

If Justin gets us into a trade war to save supply-management, what will Scheer say? His own success depends on the bureaucrats who control the agricultural cartels that the government of an earlier day set up.

Weak and dishonest are phrases that can be used about more than the Stunned One. We have a crisis of leadership in this country.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if I had a crystal ball ... look at what Andrew Scheer tweeted:

Quote:
Andrew Scheer

@AndrewScheer
Spoke with the media in Saguenay today and reaffirmed the @CPC_HQ commitment to Canada's supply management system and support for dairy farmers. (1/2)

5:03 PM - Jun 8, 2018
292 people are talking about this

Why? Do other members of the party get a vote?

We want a deal. It isn't a matter of loyalty to some a leader who is beholden to the dairy industry We want a leader who 's beholden to us.
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with any political party , if you dont toe the line and keep the message somewhat the same then you are considered a rebel and will be dealt with ...harshly.

Not the first , nor the last one to try and pull a stunt like he did.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC has it exactly wrong -- nothing new for him.

MPs are supposed to representatives of the people. MPs should have a duty to represent those people, not pull the forelock for a Librarian's milquetoast son.

He not only has no charisma, he has no political instincts, and when he looks at supply management, he thinks it's an asset.

There is no reason not to have this debate except that Andrew Scheer is the tool of the milk cartel. It reveals how he won on the 13th ballot by less than a percentage point, probably due to support from areas that never vote Conservative.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
TC has it exactly wrong -- nothing new for him.

Nice try there Jr. No one believes that.

If you make a promise not to do "A" ....and then go ahead and do "A", you get dealt with.

Does the name Lynn Beyak ring a bell ?
Jack MacLaren ?
Quote:

MPs are supposed to representatives of the people.

All true, but the party laid down the law and he didnt follow it. Ergo....the boot.

Bernier is not a neophyte to all of this. Being Minister(s) of State, Industry and Foreign Affairs , he knows the rules and wantonly broke them.
Quote:

There is no reason not to have this debate except that Andrew Scheer is the tool of the milk cartel. It reveals how he won on the 13th ballot by less than a percentage point, probably due to support from areas that never vote Conservative.

Not a politician in this country who will touch supply side today. Too much of a bombshell.

Not to mention unless , and until , the US decides to speak about subsidies , we are going to keep our system in place.
I like $2.99 a lb butter, buy lots when on sale. I like our farmers making some dough , not like the ones in Wisconsin going broke daily.
Say...that would mean they want to dump excess (which they do constantly) on us!

Naw....no thanks.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We totally disagree. Bernier will touch the issue, and I'll bet others will too. Harper offered it at the Pacific trade thing that fell through when Trump withdrew.

For the record, I never implied that Scheer didn't have the power to do it. I pointed to the corruption involved in it. Someone that Conservatives selected as their leader, in a mangled and screwed up rigged ballot system, and whose winning margin was influenced by the big money people in the dairy cartel. To me, it stinks.

But it's also stupid politics. Trust me, Canadians aren't going to want to pay the price. They would be thankful for someone who gives 'them a choice.

To Liberals, they're used to pay-to-play in politics. For them, bribes are what politics is all about ...

I expect that the ethically evolved people will see the point.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

Harper offered it at the Pacific trade thing that fell through when Trump withdrew.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper says Canada will defend its supply management system for dairy and poultry while still pursuing one of the biggest trade deals in history.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politic.....-1.3127674

Hmm...

Quote:

For the record, I never implied that Scheer didn't have the power to do it.

Never said you did,implied or otherwise.
Quote:
I pointed to the corruption involved in it.

You did? Where?
for the record, you called him an asshole. No corruption at all.

Quote:
Someone that Conservatives selected as their leader, in a mangled and screwed up rigged ballot system, and whose winning margin was influenced by the big money people in the dairy cartel. To me, it stinks.

Speculation , nothing more. Without proof nothing can be done. I hear what you imply but we do not know.
Quote:

But it's also stupid politics. Trust me, Canadians aren't going to want to pay the price. They would be thankful for someone who gives 'them a choice.

Supply side in dairy is here. Get use to it.
The size of this account in context to all else is minimal. No one is going to complain too loudly.
Just remember to buy butter on sale next time.

Quote:

I expect that the ethically evolved people will see the point.

They're trying but no salient point has been offered and as such.....crickets.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was something to respond to, I would.

TC's attitude leads right to a trade war we can't win. TC disputes that, and even suggests that the US would lose. Now, I wonder ...

TC hasn't been right about Trump at any point since he was elected. He prefers the criminal conspiracy that the Democrat party has become. He spouts references to trade tribunals that -- regardless of their decisions -- seem to have nothing to do with "dumping". Or with the final deals that are signed.

He doesn't criticize the strategy I point to, and he doesn't say anything good about the Trudeau strat ... well, perhaps 'strategy' isn't the word. Justin was too busy clutching his pearls and waiting for Trump to leave so he could say what he really thinks. So ket's call it an emotional reaction.

But there is this bone-headed idea that Canada will win a trade war with the USA. One wonders if he has a single reason for thinking that -- or perhaps he's trolling ... in any case, all he's got is snark.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
If there was something to respond to, I would.

Damn youre an idiot.

I asked...wheres the proof. YOu skip over it.
YOu ask me a question and I responded.
Quote:

TC's attitude leads right to a trade war we can't win.

There will be no trade war in the end. No one can afford it. Silly man....
Quote:

TC disputes that, and even suggests that the US would lose.

Show me where I said theyd lose. Or ...shut the fuck up.

Its hard to debate with a liar. YOu continually ascribe thinsg I never said.

I get it, it sucks to be you and stupid and ignorant. But you could try to learn....I guess.

Quote:

TC hasn't been right about Trump at any point since he was elected.

Pretty much spot on. No one, apart from pathetic small minded minions who couldn't spell cat thinks tRump is doing the right thing.
Hell, Fox News
is saying wtf at this point. LOL!
Quote:
He spouts references to trade tribunals that -- regardless of their decisions -- seem to have nothing to do with "dumping". Or with the final deals that are signed.

Please , will you get the F off this issue.

You have less than a five yr olds knowledge of what and how it works.

Stop the parade of stupidity. One last time Mr Moron...WTO rules, US losses , US says ...well....Canada sits down and they hammer out a compromise.
But know this much... The US has returned BILLIONS of $'s to canada since the WTO issues went against them.
Quote:
Justin was too busy clutching his pearls and waiting for Trump to leave so he could say what he really thinks. So ket's call it an emotional reaction.

Liar. Pure lies

PM has not said one thing different than what he said all along.

Liar.
Quote:

But there is this bone-headed idea that Canada will win a trade war with the USA. One wonders if he has a single reason for thinking that -- or perhaps he's trolling ... in any case, all he's got is snark.

Good lord...lies again.

You surely kn....wait you wouldnt have any idea , sorry I was going to ask.

Anyhow, there is no loser in these things.

They give a bit, we give a bit...and a deal gets done and all celebrate.

Like I said before, go and educate yourself, You are one pathetic ignorant dumbF**k
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC wants proof -- but proof of what? A speculation of the results of this blundering? If anything needs evidence, it's the claim that there will be no trade war. The reason? TC offers us the sage excuse -- because it will hurt both sides!

TC clearly didn't listen to the video, perhaps because his bigotry won't let him open a Rebel video. In any case, he misses the interviewee's point, that from the American perspective, they are already in a trade war, and losing $800 billion a year. He wins simply be stopping that loss of wealth by engaging, Trump can stop it.

TC seems to think if he ignores a point, it will go away.

It's true, I came to this same conclusion separately, and in a tentative way because I am not an expert. I posted the video because Manny Montenegrino is an expert, and he puts that case on stronger footing. We are witnessing what is probably the worst political miscalculation since Meech Lake.

The auto pact is now in danger, and it's because of the way the Liberals have handled this matter. If TC had a point to contend with that, don't you think he'd raise it?
But he hasn't. My prediction -- we have until July 1 to fix this.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh...such ignorance
Bugs wrote:
TC wants proof -- but proof of what? A speculation of the results of this blundering? If anything needs evidence, it's the claim that there will be no trade war. The reason? Because it will hurt both sides!

'Thats right. IN a year this will be folly.
Quote:

TC seems to think if he ignores a point, it will go away.

It's true, I came to this same conclusion separately, and in a tentative way because I am not an expert. I posted the video because Manny Montenegrino is an expert, and he puts that case on stronger footing. We are witnessing what is probably the worst poliical miscalculation since Meech Lake.

Expert on INt'l Trade? Or just a lawyer from Ottawa who btw, got caught pretty bad from the LSUC .
His CV makes no mention of trade issues. But he was a community chair once.

It is curious why one would use such an obscure (and I watched most of it) figure to try and get a point across. There are some many other reputable sites , most of whom use true experts and those noted to be as a reference.

Or more to the point, why are you scrapping the bottom of the barrel to try and make some idiotic point thats be dismantled enouhg times that one should just shut up about.

Do I need to school you again? Go ahead and keep trying , and I will keep hammering your obvious lack of knowledge on this.
Quote:

The auto pact is now in danger, and it's because of the way the Liberals have handled this matter. If TC had a point to contend with that, don't you think he'd raise it?
But he hasn't.

Its not. No one is really thnking it is. Grandstanding perhaps but this will solved once cooler heads prevail.

In the meantime lets watch the GOP as they try to amend what President tRump can do on this issue.

Cuz...theres nothing like your own party telling you that you are wrong and we need to take legal action to stop you.

LOL.....ah the bugs island of one. School....its that -------> way.

See ya in four years.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: