Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for the folks who dismiss Trump as a bumbling self-promoter who doesn't know what he's doing -- more, that is, than anyone else who ever started a new Presidency.

I just saw this today. http://dailycaller.com/2018/03.....paign=push

It shows that Trump is now the spokesman for the compassionate treatment of the DACA people! I was stunned!

Again, I can't discuss the virtue of the issue, except to say that a majority of Americans think this is the one category of illegal immigrants that deserves a break. (DACA refers to illegal immigrants sent to the US as children. They went to school in the US and many of them are now adults with jobs and lives almost entirely in the USA.)

It started out with the Democrats using this group to oppose Trump. He offered to make a deal, the wall for a 'route to citizenship' for the DACA kids (as they are called). The Dems walked out, but Trump was caught on TV saying "I will sign anything ..." in a context that meant he was flexible on DACA. With this move, Trump is stepping forward to use the DACA issue against the Democrats!

This is a masterful performance.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is another masterful performance coming off better than expected?

Quote:
China's Xi affirms friendship with North Korean leader, gets denuclearization pledge
Written by Reuters

BEIJING/SEOUL (Reuters) - China said on Wednesday it won a pledge from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to denuclearize the Korean peninsula during a meeting with President Xi Jinping, who pledged in return that China would uphold its friendship with its isolated neighbour.

After two days of speculation, China announced on Wednesday that Kim had visited Beijing and met Xi during what the official Xinhua news agency called an unofficial visit from Sunday to Wednesday.

The trip was Kim’s first known journey abroad since he assumed power in 2011 and is believed by analysts to serve as preparation for upcoming summits with South Korea and the United States.
http://www.blabber.buzz/conser.....-gmail.com

This an early report, but if true, it indicates that a big summit is coming up with China, the two Koreas, and the USA ... and just maybe this is a giant step towards a peaceful resolution?

I await the arrival of TC to concede that it is he, rather than Trump, that's the idiot.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another early report ... this time about tariffs and South Korea.

Quote:
Dick Morris: Trump Scores Big on Steel Tariffs
By Dick Morris
March 27, 2018 at 8:02pm

President Donald Trump scored big this week on trade when his tariffs on steel and aluminum induced South Korea — the world’s sixth leading producer of steel among the nations of the world — agreed to double its imports of U.S. cars and would cut the amount of steel it sold to the U.S. by 30 percent in return for exemption from the sanctions.

The U.S. ran a trade deficit with South Korea last year of $17 billion.

The deal will let the U.S. sell 50,000 cars in South Korea, cornering about 5 percent more of global car exports.

South Korea produces almost twice as much steel as Germany, the seventh ranking country in steel production.

Since 2007 (pre-recession), U.S. production of steel has dropped by about a quarter, from 8.5 million tons annually in 2007 to 6.5 million in 2017.

By contrast, South Korea’s production over the same period has risen from 52 million tons a year to the current level of 71 million.

Trump’s solid trade victory is likely to stimulate other countries to conclude new trade deals with the U.S. since they will not want their steel or aluminum exports to be subject to a steep tariff while South Korea’s get in tariff-free.

The whole point of the Trump strategy on trade and tariffs is to replace global regulation by the World Trade Organization — a U.N.-like organization that enforces trade laws.

By imposing sanctions and seeking agreements to mitigate them in return for tangible concessions to American workers and business, Trump is truly putting America first.
https://www.westernjournal.com/dick-morris-trump-scores-big-on-steel-tariffs/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=deepsix&utm_content=2018-03-28&utm_campaign=can

The amazing thing is -- the idiot didn't even need TC's sage advice ....
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unexpectedly ... the idiot who everyone in Trumpworld knows ... is having important people actually talking him up for the Nobel Peace Prize ...

I guess that makes TC's point, underlines it, and makes it hard for him to show his face ...
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important people? LOL!

SK President is blowing smoke up his ass becuase he wants to be a player.

Trump wants a Nobel due to his ego and nothing more. For example...Mt Rushmore? LOL !

But wait.... Here I thought the Nobel prize was garbage according to the right. Of course now that someone they like might (but seriously ...no he wont) be considered its all wonderful.

I must pay more attention when the goalposts get moved constantly. How do you keep up?

But yea........ still an idiot. That will never change.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting acknowledgement ... oh well ...

This could be a perfect illustration of mind meeting matter. Mind stubbornly clings to its shape, no matter ... the President of South Korea. of course, he's "blowing smoke" ... he couldn't be genuinely thanking Trump for allowing unification to go ahead.

From the point of view of Koreans, the war was over unifying their nation. All the suffering that the North took on were to maintain their independence. The Koreans had been conquered lots in their history, but the particularly bad experience of the Japanese was recent when the Korean War broke out. What I am saying is -- unifying Korea is a big thing to the Koreans.

As I see it, the Americans have problems with trade that have to be addressed. The Chinese top-dogs know 'that. TC doesn't have any awareness of this, but the trade with the West has allowed China to move a population the size of Europe's into cities, and to create vital parts of a new modern economy. It's one of the greatest migrations in history. This trade is vital to China.

China can't continue on its present course. Disruptive trade wars could lead to revolution in China, and the leadership knows it. I suspect Trump has offered them a way, through making China into a consumer economy at fairer currency exchange rates, etc to make this transition manageable.

Hillary was threatening to ring China with missiles. Bear that in mind.

If Trump put the missiles on the table, it all makes sense. If they're not there, it means China doesn't need a buffer state in North Korea anymore. It makes it OK for Kim Il Un to step down from his hard nuclear position. The blockage is removed because Trump is de-escalating previous threats.

But this is statecraft. We don't often think that way in Canada, but this seems to be happening. Thoughts, anyone?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
I was expecting acknowledgement ... oh well ...

I did!

I acknoweldged that he is still an idiot.

Kinda of a popular opinion unless you are a contradicting hypocrytic thinker.
Quote:

This could be a perfect illustration of mind meeting matter. Mind stubbornly clings to its shape, no matter ... the President of South Korea. of course, he's "blowing smoke" ... he couldn't be genuinely thanking Trump for allowing unification to go ahead.

Allow? Oh....did the South ask Mr Idiot for permission?

Or does he (SK PM) say thank you knowing full well it plays well in Trumpworld? (and then behind dorrs is laughing as if Trump had much beyond twitter to do with it) I mean afterall, when your own close advisor calls you a moron and others concur.....
well than that makes you a moron!

Quote:
. What I am saying is -- unifying Korea is a big thing to the Koreans.

Now that I wholeheartedly agree with.

But of course it hasnt happened and no one is sure it will, but this is yuuuuuge for the Koreas.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's like the Berlin Wall coming down ... for Koreans.

We haven't seen evidence of the denuclearization.

TC may not be aware, but when heads of state make public announcements that actually excite public opinion in both countries, they are 99% sure of a deal. They are only cleaning up the details, so the symbolic 'signing' can take place in the most ceremonially significant way possible.

That part is underway. To me, it makes no sense unless China and the USA guarantee the borders of Korea. And that means those two superpowers are also making a deal.

It isn't done yet. I offer this as speculation. TC thinks Moon is using the occasion to suck up to Trump, which means nothing will come from it in the end. I think it means an agreement has already been made. Time will tell ...
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this!!! Kanye wanders off the reservation. And where Kanye goes, others follow ...

Quote:
Trump and Kanye West have something in common that sets them apart from most other highly successful people

Donald Trump and Kanye West's budding internet bromance has inspired controversy and speculation.
The two share one major trait in regards to their daily habits.
Both the president and the rapper reportedly don't read many books.

Donald Trump and Kanye West have embarked on a Twitter bromance for the ages.

The rap artist took to social media to declare his love for Trump, adding that they both have "dragon energy" — referring to what Business Insider's Shana Lebowitz described as a "metaphor often used in Taoist magic." Trump returned the favor by thanking West for "performing a great service to the black community."

West's embrace of the president and conservative commentator Candace Owens has sparked controversy amongst the rapper's fans. He also shocked fans by showing up at TMZLive with Owens and saying, "When you hear about slavery for 400 years — for 400 years? That sounds like a choice. Like, you were there for 400 years and it's all of y'all ... It's like we're mentally in prison."

But Trump and West don't just have "dragon energy" and a penchant for controversial statements in common. They also share a striking similarity when it comes to the world of literature. They both reportedly don't really prioritize reading books. [....]
http://www.businessinsider.com.....oks-2018-5
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
North Korea details plans to dismantle nuclear test site this month

(CNN)North Korea outlined steps Saturday to dismantle its nuclear testing site -- and confirmed that international journalists, including those from the United States and the United Kingdom, would be invited to watch this month as its tunnels are blown up.

The announcement, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as reported by state news agency KCNA, came a day after Pyongyang pledged no longer to carry out unannounced missile tests or other activities that put flights at risk, according to a United Nations aviation agency.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un previously announced the conclusion of North Korea's nuclear testing program and the intended shuttering of the Punggye-ri complex. He said April 20 that his nation already had "completed its mission" to test its weapons capability.

The statement Saturday gave greater details of the "technical measures" North Korea would take to dismantle the test site and "ensure transparency of discontinuance of the nuclear test.

US President Donald Trump expressed thanks to North Korea on Saturday evening, characterizing the announcement as a "very smart and gracious gesture" ahead of next month's nuclear summit in Singapore. [....]

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/12/asia/north-korea-missile-test-pledge-intl/index.html\

This looks to me like the blnd squirrel has found another pecan!
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an unrelated wanton use of power, the idiot seems have brought the NFL to heel ...

Quote:
Trump takes a victory lap after NFL owners cave with new national-anthem rules

Tyler Lauletta
May. 23, 2018, 1:27 PM 11,374

The NFL approved a new national-anthem policy on Wednesday in response to ongoing player protests that took over the 2017 season, and the league appears to have caved to the wishes of President Donald Trump and others who stressed the importance of "respecting the flag."

[....]
http://www.businessinsider.com.....ump-2018-5

I edited the article to avoid Trump's self-congratulatory chest-thumping ....
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been slack lately ... I like to keep posting 'reminders' of Trump's uncanny ability to keep on 'winning' despite being an 'idiot' ... here I let slip the re-committing to the June 12 Summit in Singapore with Comrade Kim Il Un. My bad.

And nobody's talking about the inevitability of a blue wave this fall anymore.

And this Candace Owens woman keeps going to campuses, encouraging black students to 'walk off the plantation' ... some say that if the Black vote splits more evenly ... like going from 95-5 to 75-25 ... will destroy the Democrat's hold on power. Me, I dunno ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L9t2S0oTtA

I was looking forward to TC addressing this seeming contradiction but he seems to have gone away. So here's the contrary case ... let's see if this will help him see the Light ...

Quote:
President Trump Has Paved The Way For A Free Speech Comeback
Resistance to growing attacks on free speech and expression is evidence of how truly transformative President Trump has been.
Newt Gingrich By Newt Gingrich
JUNE 5, 2018

As another school year closes, I remember the stories I’ve read throughout the year, many via The Transom, about free speech zones, safe spaces, and people being asked to leave businesses or classrooms because they were wearing shirts or hats that showed support for President Trump.

Of course, Left-leaning political correctness culture has been growing for decades, especially in academia. For years, anyone who supported the right to life, championed religious freedom, or expressed other ideas contrary to the liberal elite worldview was publicly shamed and summarily dismissed. More than any other venue, college campuses have embraced this culture that stifles free thinking.

However, ousting students from class or campus because of their political beliefs has been a new low for the Left, and the increasing pushback against these moments of intolerance is encouraging. In fact, the resistance to these attacks on free speech and expression is evidence of how truly transformative President Trump has been, particularly on free speech. While free speech may be under attack more than ever before, Americans are now, once again, emboldened to exercise their rights.

As I write in my new book, “Trump’s America: The Truth About Our Nation’s Great Comeback”: “Even as a candidate, President Trump recognized that, in addition to reshaping our nation’s unifying principles and limiting our religious liberties, the left-wing members of the anti-Trump coalition have been chipping away at our fundamental right to speak our minds and express ourselves freely. They do this while waving a banner of inclusion and diversity, but their ultimate goal is a profound, unhealthy change to America’s fabric.”

The election of President Trump showed that Americans were willing to dig in their heels on issues like free speech, free expression, and freedom of religion. President Trump has been a true leader for Americans who reject political correctness and say what they believe, regardless of whether it offends the elite worldview.

Of course, for this, the elite media attacks the president at every chance. A recent example is the clear attempt to twist President Trump’s words when he called MS-13 gang members “animals.” The media and their Democratic allies erroneously claimed Trump was referring to all immigrants.

Meanwhile, most Americans heard what the president said and knew exactly what he meant. They knew he was referring to violent gang members, not every person who crosses the border, legally or otherwise. After a few days of scrutiny, even members of the elite media realized they had crossed a line—told too big a lie—and many outlets took down tweets or corrected their stories.

When asked if he would still use the word “animals,” President Trump said, “We have laws that are laughed at on immigration. So, when the MS-13 comes in, when the other gang members come into our country, I refer to them as animals. And guess what — I always will.”

Time and time again, the members of the Left overplay their hands or outright lie because they blindly hate the president. And time and time again, this disconnect between the Left’s values and the issues Americans care about drives the two further apart.

Of course, President Trump’s role in the comeback of free speech is only half the story. The other half is the efforts of Americans across the country who are living in Trump’s America. These are the members of journalist Salena Zito’s “Great Revolt,” who, she writes, “were hiding in plain sight – ignored by both parties, the media, and the political experts all at once, ready to unite into the movement that spawned the greatest upset in recent electoral history.”

Freethinkers across the political spectrum, such as Dilbert creator Scott Adams, clinical psychologist Jordan B. Peterson, entertainer Kanye West, liberal professor Bret Weinstein, and most recently Elon Musk, have experienced the wrath of the radical Left. These people may not all be Republicans, but they have become steadfast supporters of free speech—in large part because of the Left’s tyranny.

Free speech is our most cherished and effective tool for expanding and protecting our liberty. For decades, we have allowed the Left to slowly undermine it. We must fight and reverse this effort if we are going to make America great again. This is a core belief of Trump’s America—and a central pillar of the great comeback.
http://thefederalist.com/2018/.....b-83873765

The fact is that Trump is doing the things the Republicans said they were going to do, and more. And yet, he is moderate and accepts the legal procedures that have a Constitutional impact. With immigration, for example, he has simply enforced the laws that Obama was flouting. Or he is 'un-doing' regulations from the Obama regime.

Whatever his accusers accuse him of, they have turned out to be worse! That's the key thing to understand. That have had an 18 month investigation going on Trump, using intelligence agency procedures, and have found nothing! This is an investigation that has 18 high-powered lawyers, each with investigative staffs, at work trying to tie in transgressions of anyone vulnerable in Trump's camp to the President. And, meanwhile, all he's doing is bringing North Korea into Pax Americana.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Rubin examines Trump's record so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsIiTWpqh6k

4:33 long. Apparently Trump's support amongst black men has doubled!
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Atlanta Fed raises U.S. second-quarter GDP growth view above 4 percent
Reuters Staff

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. economy is forecast to expand at a 4.1 percent annualized pace in the second quarter following the release of April figures on housing starts and industrial output, the Atlanta Federal Reserve’s GDP Now forecast model showed on Tuesday.

Domestic factory production increased 1.0 percent last month for its biggest monthly gain in over three years, but housing starts unexpectedly fell 2.6 percent, government data showed on Tuesday.

The latest second-quarter gross domestic product estimate was faster than the 3.6 percent reading calculated on May 12, the Atlanta Fed said on its website.

The latest estimate was still below the initial figure of 4.3 percent calculated by the Atlanta Fed model on May 1.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-atlantafed-idUSKCN18C20T

Where is TC on this record? Perhaps he feels it is unimportant, and that Stormy Daniels is. I guess his disappearance is his way or admitting he was wrong, wrong, wrong about Donald Trump.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope

He is still , and reminds us daily, just how stupid he is.

And his supporters too.

Only a moron supports a lying(and constant at that) immoral jerk. Like Christians who support him, right wingers who opine" none of our business what pussy he grabs" but oh boy...BC getting head was a horrible slight to the White House and America.

I love hypocrisy and some own it outright. Wear it !

LOL!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: