Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Toronto killer van driver nabbed and identified Reply with quote

Quote:
Toronto Killer Van Attack Suspect Named As Alek Minassian
by Tyler Durden
Mon, 04/23/2018 - 14:02

Update 4: According to NBC, the Toronto suspect has been identified as Alek Minassian, aged 25. NBC further reports that multiple law enforcement officials in Canada and the U.S. say the preliminary theory is that Minassian may have had mental health issues and had an online discussion about Eliot Rodger who went on a rampage at UC Santa Barbara.

Quote:
Tom Winter

@Tom_Winter
NBC News: Multiple law enforcement officials in Canada and the U.S. say the preliminary theory is that Minassian may have had mental health issues and had an online discussion about Eliot Rodger who went on a rampage at UC Santa Barbara. https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/988543358908891136

6:21 PM - Apr 23, 2018
46 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

As of now, the suspect’s motive remains uncertain. Toronto police spokeswoman Meaghan Gray told reporter, “At this point it’s too early to tell what, if any, motive there was."

Meanwhile, as Site Intel Group's Rita Katz points out, as of now, ISIS channels are not promoting the Toronto vehicular attack, which contains staples of ISIS-inspired events. Though Alek Minassian wasn’t killed, ISIS may still issue statement if news of links/allegiance arises (like case of Manhattan attacker Sayfullo Saipov).

Update 3: According to a police update, 9 people have been killed and 16 people injured as a result of the van striking pedestrians in Toronto on Monday. The name of the suspect, who was arrested shortly after the deadly attack, has not yet been released.

Update 2: Toronto Mayor John Tory told reporters there are casualties as a result of today's incident but says the city is in "safe hands."

Ralph Goodale, Canada's minister of public safety, says police are conducting thorough investigation into what happened and why it happened. "Until they can provide us with details, it would be inappropriate to speculate" on whether incident is a terror attack.

Meanwhile, CP24 reported that according to Senior Canadian government sources, the country's terror threat level has not changed and although the RCMP has been looped in, the incident is not yet being treated as a national security investigation.

In separate news, North York General Hospital confirmed to CP24 they have received a number of patients after the incident at Yonge St. and Finch Ave. Extent of injuries is not yet known.

Update: According to Toronto police, the van driver has been arrested, however so far there are no details on age, gender or motive.

Quote:
Toronto Police

@TorontoPolice
The van involved in multiple pedestrians stuck in the Yonge and Finch area of Toronto has been located and the driver arrested. ^sm

3:32 PM - Apr 23, 2018 · Toronto, Ontario
868 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

As reported earlier, 8 to 10 people were hit, police said, though Toronto paramedics put the injured number at closer to five.

A witness said separately that he had seen at least four bodies lying covered on the ground, suggesting at least several fatalities, although a local hospital representative confirmed that so far one person has died and at least several others were injured.

The van, which may have mounted the curb and hit the pedestrians on the sidewalk, was stopped by police, Const. Jenifferjit Sidhu told CBC Toronto. Sidhu added that the police still does not know the cause or reason for the collision.

Meanwhile, as CTVNews reports, witness Alex Shaker, who was driving southbound at the time, says the van was travelling at high speed on the sidewalk.

“He started going down on the sidewalk and crumbling down people one by one,” Shaker told CTV News Channel on Monday afternoon.

Shaker said he saw the vehicle strike someone with a stroller.

“He just destroyed so many people’s lives,” he said. “Every single thing that got in his way.”

The extent of injuries is unknown and ambulances are on the scene. Photos posted online show multiple individuals on the ground.

Witness Phil Zullo, who was driving northbound, says he first noticed the commotion when he saw police taking down a male suspect. Zullo says he continued north, where he saw “shoes and hats flown everywhere.”

A witness named Kash told local news station CP24 that he was having lunch at a Jack Astors restaurant when he came out and saw four bodies on the ground in front of Mel Lastman Square. “People were trying to revive them obviously to no avail,” he said.

“It seems very clearly that the van had hopped the curb and kind of driven on the sidewalk going southbound and hit plenty of people.” Kash said that it was “very traumatic.”

“Our thoughts and prayers go to people that do have family that have been hit,” he said. “There was a guy here who said he followed the van down honking his horn trying to warn people as much as he could.” [....]
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-23/8-10-pedestrians-stuck-van-toronto-hit-and-run
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Trudeau's comments ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKzQmIKzoA8
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it fun to see politicians announcing -- before any investigation -- that there was no connection ...

Justin was off the mark early with his version of fake news, fake condolences, and airy platitudes about meeting violence with a turned cheek. Oh, and also, there is no "apparent connection" to ... terrorism.

The coppers closed down the subway even while assuring everybody that there was no connection to terrorism.
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatred has no place for what are reasonable comments from the PM .
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's hatred got to do with it? There are certainly lots of reasons to ignore platitudes, particularly when delivered in a sing-songy cadence reminiscent of first grade. The guy is just so-oo embarrassing.

But the story may not be making the point I thought it would. We don't know yet.

The perp drove down Yonge Street for half a mile mowing people down, revving his engine hitting at least 25 people ... for some other reason? Do you get to be that crazy and still be walking around the street?

That isn't an accident. So what is your first guess at motivation? Hatred of what?

He wasn't that crazy. He rented the vehicle!

The following things make me think there's reason to be concerned. Would they tell us if it were terrorism? you might ask. They are slow-walking the release of the name and details. {i]They closed down the subway![/i] I wonder why?

I first got the name from an American source. And it continues -- few details. There is no sense that the public as a right to know. It's more that its the job of the police to manage the public reaction.

Tney wouldn't do that if it was just one of the Letterkenny guys out on a lark. Look at how they've demonized that guy that shot the native guy who was stealing his truck. No, this guy is getting "the terrorist treatment".

As it is, everybody "knows" why he did it. Or think they do. They just want some other explanation or confirmation.

Just to illustrate the contrast. In Tennesee, the Waffle House shooter got away, embarrassing the police, but they were fully transparent about it, and caught the guy. With social media, people come forward if they know things. The guy had nowhere to hide.

Toronto police are too proud for that. They build a wall, normally. They look on the public as possible perps who don't need to know. (Another example, the Barry & Honey Sherman case.) They keep the community in the dark.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno ... on the one hand, it seems unbelievable. On the other ... there doesn't seem 'to be any other explanation current. Watch this turn into another "rape culture" story i which he is characterized as a typical of something.

Quote:
CRIME 16 hours ago
'Incel' sexual frustration 'rebellion' at center of Toronto attack

By Kaitlyn Schallhorn | Fox News

Toronto attack: What is the 'Incel' movement?
The 25-year-old man accused of mowing down pedestrians in Toronto with a van, killing 10 people and injuring 15 more, reportedly warned of an “Incel Rebellion” on Facebook before the attack.

A spokesperson for the social media company confirmed suspect Alek Minassian’s post that praised mass killer Elliot Rodger to The Globe and Mail. Rodger was a 22-year-old man who killed six people in a 2014 vehicle and shooting rampage in California before killing himself. Rodger left behind a manifesto, in which he reportedly called himself an “incel” and decried women for not dating him.

The term “incel” means “involuntarily celibate.” It existed as a Reddit message board for some time until it was banned for encouraging violence, including rape against women.

What are ‘incels’?
While the group is supposed to be a “support group” for men who have not been intimate with a woman, some of the more popular posts on the subreddit were sinister in nature, including the ones titled: “All women are sluts” and “Reasons why women are the embodiment of evil.”

TORONTO VAN ATTACK SUSPECT PRAISED 'INCEL REBELLION' FOR SEXUALLY-FRUSTRATED MEN JUST BEFORE DEADLY RAMPAGE

A still-active incel message board describes members of the group as “Involuntary Celibate, a person who, if you take the term literally, can’t have sex despite wanting to. In practice, this goes beyond just sex and into the realm of having no possibility of finding a partner to get validation, love and acceptance from. Sex is mostly secundary [sic], though a minority of incels may disagree.”

On this message board, some users celebrated that the Toronto attack suspect appears to be one of them while others questioned whether he is a “real” incel. Other posts on the message board defend now-disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein and decry breast cancer awareness.

The forum’s rules prohibit inciting violence, but some posts appear to advocate for rape for those who have not yet had sex and list step-by-step instructions for a “full proof plan” on how to do so.

Incels in the subreddit also advocated for rape or called the crime a “made-up construct,” according to The Guardian. The subreddit group had about 40,000 subscribers before it was shuttered.

Could women join?
While the Reddit group did not ban women from the message board, it reportedly encouraged females not to join it because their experiences are different, the group said.

Women are called “femoids” or “female human organisms” by incel members. Men who have sex with women are called “chads,” according to The Guardian.

How did it start?
In 2016, a woman identified as Alana told Elle magazine that she accidentally created what would become known as an “incel” group. The Toronto woman said she created a now-defunct website called “Alana’s Involuntary Celibacy Project” in 1993 when she was in college and was curious about the fact she had never had sex.

“I was trying to create a movement that was open to anybody and everybody,” she told Elle. But her website was visited by mostly men who she said were “prone to antagonistic, repetitive complaining.”

Fox News’ Kathleen Joyce contributed to this report.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018.....ttack.html
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infowars called , they are looking to hire you .

Not a lick of what yuou wrote is valid.

Not.
A.
Lick.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only posting articles from the media. Do you, stalward supporter of the whole LBGTQWERTY rainbow, draw that line at incels? Why? This would be interesting.

You would probably do better if you illustrated your point ... rather than your attitude.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am only posting articles from the media

Thats blatantly untrue.

You posted an article after the fecal diatribe you posted prior.

So...
-No one said it was an accident. (except you I suppose)
-They (police/govt agency) would tell us if it were terrorism. In fact the terrorists would tell us too. But they have n't
-Details were released and fairly quickly
-The police dont manage anyones public reaction., how absurd and really stupid to say.

I dont know why I waste this time . Go back to infowars and get wood.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think the police are going to come right out and announce an act as "terrorism" without consulting their political masters, and public relations department -- then you are crazy.

You know that case in Edmonton -- Abdulahi Hasan Sharif? That guy escaped from charges in the USA, settled in Edmonton, and ended up renting a van and driving up a busy sidewalk. He had an ISIS flag with him. They have NOT defined that as a terrorist incident. They are deciding whether to try him as a loony or as a sane guy who just likes killing strangers. But not as a terrorist.

Why would you expect Toronto's bumbling coppers do anything different? If nobody makes a decision, nobody can get in trubble, right?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
If you think the police are going to come right out and announce an act as "terrorism" without consulting their political masters, and public relations department -- then you are crazy.

I dont think that .
And?

Quote:
You know that case in Edmonton

Yes...somewhat.

But I do KNOW you sure dont as evidenced by...
Quote:

-- Abdulahi Hasan Sharif? That guy escaped from charges in the USA,

When you educate yourself on this, call me .(Unless in bizarro world 'released =escape'
Quote:

settled in Edmonton, and ended up renting a van and driving up a busy sidewalk. He had an ISIS flag with him. They have NOT defined that as a terrorist incident. They are deciding whether to try him as a loony or as a sane guy who just likes killing strangers. But not as a terrorist.

And?

Police have not found evidence for terrorism. Perhaps 'yet' should be employed?
Quote:

Why would you expect Toronto's bumbling coppers do anything different? If nobody makes a decision, nobody can get in trubble, right?

First, bumbling is not apt here. Thats merely your assertion based on who knows what.

And of course evidence shows nothing about this recent guy being a terrorist.
Even the terrorists have said nothing, which of course is more likely to show he wasn't one of them.

Was there a point you were attempting to make?
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharif was still to appear in court when he chose to disappear. He went to Canada instead.

Surely the obvious point is that a policy decision has been made not to let the public know these things. They tell us what they want us to think, not the Truth that the public would normally expect.

The Truth might lead to people getting upset and drawing unauthoritized conclusions.

The newspapers don't tell us when a violent crime was committed by a member of an identifiable racial group. Unless they're white. Most Torontonians have no idea of what the faces of our most viscious murderers look like, for instance.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca.....wanted.php

As for the bumbling Toronto cops ... we need only to contemplate the scene when the Toroto detectives set out to explain to the children of the Shermans their theory of the crime -- that their 75-year-old father has strangled their 70-year-old mother and then strangled himself in a murder suicide! I rest my case ... they had a news blackout on that one as well ...
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

Surely the obvious point is that a policy decision has been made not to let the public know these things. They tell us what they want us to think, not the Truth that the public would normally expect.

What things? What truths? What are you talking about?
Quote:

The Truth might lead to people getting upset and drawing unauthoritized conclusions.

The only truth we know about the incident in TO is a lot of presumably white, small minded idiots are venting at the fact that Alek isnt a terrorist or Muslim. Too bad for them huh?

On the other side, some bizarre 'incel' groups are pleased as punch that one of their "I cant get laid cuz Im slimy as F*** " members did this.

Both sides here are pathetic.
Quote:

The newspapers don't tell us when a violent crime was committed by a member of an identifiable racial group.

Suchy bullshit. Do you seriously believe any of that?
Any chance ( I know you wont anyway) you could point to when this has EVER occured in Canada?
Quote:

Unless they're white.

LOL ! BS again. You are on a roll buddy!
Quote:

Most Torontonians have no idea of what the faces of our most viscious murderers look like, for instance.

Um...ok? And this means....?

Quote:

As for the bumbling Toronto cops ... we need only to contemplate the scene when the Toroto detectives set out to explain to the children of the Shermans their theory of the crime -- that their 75-year-old father has strangled their 70-year-old mother and then strangled himself in a murder suicide! I rest my case ... they had a news blackout on that one as well ...

Yes the Police bumbled this one at the start. As much as I am not fond of police I know mistakes can be made.

But of course there is a news blackout on the most salient aspects of the Sherman investigation. You also know why, but pretend that you dont to posit some ridiculous assertions towrds the police.

So ...go ahead and enjoy that. Others.....no so much.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just posted list of SUN Publishing 'narratives' -- why would you disbelieve that one of the most common identifying characteristics of human beings would be banned from public disclosure in newspapers? Perhaps 'banned' is too strong, but there is a definite policy about it. Yet it's just as basic to a visual description of a suspect as their weight and height might be.

Well, at least we agree that the Toronto Police and a bunch of bunglers. Or bumblers.

Why wouldn't they mention it when they are trying to get community support to locate the perp? They might show a picture, but using the words is where they draw the line.

But watch, and you will see ...

There was a Detective Ben Eng with the Toronto Police that was monitoring Asian gangs, who were murdering people in restaurants at the time. There were real gangsters. Eng showed how one stream of refugees was producing a disporportionate number of Asian criminals.

It was when the Snakehead gang were bringing in Chinese sex slaves and staffing "massage parlours" with them. (One of their customers was Jack Layton, who was a naked found-in during a police raid. It was a mere bicycle ride from his happy home, very convenient. The place is on the north side of Dundas, just west of Augusta.)

Check it out. It was a great time. You could buy underground cigarettes at most convenience stores downtown for $2 a pack.

Eng was ordered to stop his study and pilloried as a racist by Susan Eng, whose roots also go back to Viet Nam. She, incidentally, was illegally wiretapped by Fantino, then a detective, but who used made up allegatiions against her boyfriend to get his warrant. He claimed to suspect her boyfriend was a drug dealer.

It may interest TC to know that Sasan Eng was the Chairman of the Police Board at the time -- nominally, the boss!

If you want to check it, all this happened about 1991, in Bob Rae's time in office.

Ever since, the Toronto police force is politically correct, riddled with 'politics' and not very good at what they do. Foot patrols down Yonge, between Wellesley and Queen, would be a start. But those cops '-- walk? Are you crazy?

They see the public as something they have to control -- as long as they can do it from the front seat of their cruisers.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
You just posted list of SUN Publishing 'narratives' -- why would you disbelieve that one of the most common identifying characteristics of human beings would be banned from public disclosure in newspapers? Perhaps 'banned' is too strong, but there is a definite policy about it. Yet it's just as basic to a visual description of a suspect as their weight and height might be.

IN other words, you have zero examples , zero information we can follow up on...zero zero zero .
I am not surprised .
Quote:

Well, at least we agree that the Toronto Police and a bunch of bunglers. Or bumblers.

English...please learn it. I said... "Yes the Police bumbled this one at the start."

I would have hoped somewhere in this post of yours there would be a point made....and I am still looking for it.
Quote:

There was a Detective Ben Eng with the Toronto Police that was monitoring Asian gangs, ....<snip>

Eng was ordered to stop his study and pilloried as a racist by Susan Eng,

Ben Eng , against Police policy.....
Ya know...truth?
Quote:

It may interest TC to know that Sasan Eng was the Chairman of the Police Board at the time -- nominally, the boss!

Well, Susan at least was.

I lived it. I know about it. Sad to say your memory or google skills are suspect.
Quote:

If you want to check it,

Yes, you may wish to before posting again.

Welp..here I am at the end and no point made. Wonderful <sigh>

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: