Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless there is something behind the scenes the PCs are aware of that would justify this behavior I can't quite grasp the vitriol being launched at the former leader.

Brown seemingly stepped down for "the good of the party" since his late night press conference till now it appears that at a minimum the original story has changed and some sources have now appeared to back Brown.

The logic of expelling Brown from the caucus at this point while he attempts to clear his name is utter nonsense. How do you clear your name against unnamed sources made to a news agency? Even in the case of a libel suit, we are talking years of litigation.

Something is going on within the party.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Patrick Brown cleared to run for Ontario PC leadership, source says

Patrick Brown has been cleared to run for the leadership of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives, a job he previously held, a source told CBC Toronto Wednesday afternoon.

Brown's registration in the leadership race has ignited a fractious internal battle between his grassroots supporters, caucus allies and the party's top brass. The public squabble fuelled speculation the PC provincial nomination committee would block his candidacy.

The embattled former Opposition leader is a candidate in Barrie-Springwater-Oro-Medonte, a new provincial riding that will be contested for the first time in the spring election.

Brown was interviewed Tuesday night by the committee, which wields the power to reject a leadership candidate on any grounds it sees fit. While there isn't a formal process, vetting usually includes looks at a potential candidate's employment and legal history, as well as their social media footprint, among other considerations.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/.....-1.4544843
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone on here who knows who makes these decisions, and where they are when they make them?

This story comes from an anonymous source. There is not a single fact-checkable sentence in it.

Let's start putting some faces to these actions!

Hartley Lefton seems to be the mouthpiece that is organizing the post-coup election. A partner in a law firm of hustlers who 'facilitate' international commerce. An apparatchik, no doubt. This is not a hopeful sign. Bay Street guys see an opportunity ... I don't know that, but why is he running the election?

Who are the other people on the Progressive Conservatives of Ontario executive? Who was at the meeting where it was decided that perhaps the guy who resigned for the good of the party should be allowed to run again. Does the committee have a name? Do they have a constitutional provision that covers these kinds of things?

Does anyone know who's responsible for these decisions?
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Ontario media on Brown ... the day after Reply with quote

Despite having debunked the charges as much as he can -- the 'victims' have refused to defend 'their charges -- Brown still has a steep hill to 'climb. An example of the titles of articles on 'this on nationalnewswatch.com today. (Titles are often written by editors, the people in charge of the narrative.

The media is all over the place, but you can feel the yearning for a scalp.

Quote:
Congratulations on Patrick Brown’s candidacy, Kathleen Wynne
Feb 22 2018 — Robyn Urback — CBC
Patrick Brown is doing this for you, Ontario. This is not about clearing his name — though he has said he’s on a mission to clear his name. This is not about exacting revenge on his enemies — but don’t forget that a small group of insiders is trying to derail him and his campaign.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion.....-1.4546234

It's an excercise in sarcasm throughout. In a siimilar vein, we have Andrew Coynes brand of snark.

Quote:
Andrew Coyne: I, Patrick Brown, intend to run as — what else — the unity candidate
'They can lie, and they can defame me. But the truth will come out. And the truth is that no degree of humiliation can deter me. I am beyond shame'
Andrew Coyne
February 21, 2018

A statement by Patrick Brown, the former and possibly future leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario, as imagined by Andrew Coyne:

Four weeks have passed since that memorable press conference where I announced that, in light of accusations of serious sexual misconduct on my part on more than one occasion, I would be staying on as your leader.

What a journey we have all been on since then! First my entire staff quit, then most of the caucus demanded I quit. Then the caucus appointed a new leader. But then the party president insisted the new leader should be elected by the members at large. Then he quit.

I said then that I wanted to clear my name. Well here we are, four weeks later, and would you believe it, my name has already been cleared! Or at any rate I have not been charged with any criminal offence. Which appears to be enough for the party’s nomination committee.
http://nationalpost.com/opinio.....-candidate

Not Randy Hillier ... no, it's Patrick Brown that's splitting the party! Seriolusly how can any cogent observer come to that conclusion? Yet he's a dean of Canadian conservative writers. Let's continue ...

Quote:
With Patrick Brown now in, the stakes in the Ontario PC leadership race have soared
Feb 22 2018 — Adam Radwanski — Globe and Mail
The stakes of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives’ manic sprint of a leadership contest just got even higher. From the moment of Patrick Brown’s sudden resignation four weeks ago, this stood out as a contest of unusual consequence ...
Sorry, its behind a paywall and I am not into keeping former newspapers in business.

And now, the Toronto Star:
Quote:
How Patrick Brown’s childish premier fantasies can still come true
The PC leadership candidate is a poster boy for politicians who never grow up — or give up — because they don’t know how to take No for an answer, writes Martin Regg Cohn.
By MARTIN REGG COHNOntario Politics Columnist
Wed., Feb. 21, 2018

Patrick Brown is the man-child who still dreams of governing the men, women and children of Ontario.

He is a poster boy for politicians who never grow up — or give up — because they don’t know how to take No for an answer.

As an MP in Ottawa, he allegedly lusted after — and lunged for — a female staffer.

The teetotaler and the intoxicated teen.
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-columnists/2018/02/21/how-patrick-browns-childish-premier-fantasies-can-still-come-true.html

Even the Hill ... where Tim 'Powers, our friend, gives a taste of his sarcasm. Maybe he can tell us -- how does a politician refute a media lie? Hmmm?
Quote:
Patrick Brown takes a page from Donald Trump in his bid for a comeback
By TIM POWERS FEB. 21, 2018
Absolutely no one should be subject to injurious, false allegations made about them, but Patrick Brown is wrong to say he has cleared his name.

OTTAWA—Patrick Brown may as well be wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat as he goes around pronouncing his innocence and looking to get his job back. He is living proof that Donald Trump’s style of politics has now fully invaded our political system.

Brown has got the full Trump arsenal of tools: alternative facts, fake news, heightened obfuscation, and a bit of self-delusion. How lucky for the citizens of Ontario as they watch this northern Trump experiment play itself out.

Brown, of course, was accused of sexual impropriety, which he denies, in a news report some four weeks ago by CTV News. After remaining quiet for more than two weeks, Brown launched a vindication offensive that also involved a quest to be reinstated as leader of the PC Party of Ontario. It is stomach-churning stuff.

Patrick Brown’s “I am a victim” tour began on Facebook and Twitter, where he started to forcefully argue he was innocent of the allegations brought forward by CTV and suggested they were all cooked up. He began to offer his own version of the facts—sounds familiar—and went directly after the media company that did the story—also sounds familiar—while going after the complainants in the news report. He caught a lucky break when CTV admitted there had been an error in its reporting, though to date it has stood by its story.

As the “I am a victim” tour kicked into high gear, Brown appeared on Global Television to do a two-part interview about his ordeal. His Trumpian performance, which was also well shared on Twitter, kicked it up further. He told interviewer Carolyn Jarvis the allegations brought forward were “absolute lies,” he talked of some active conspiracy by his political opponents to “politically assassinate” him and, without the hint of hypocrisy, said to Jarvis this wasn’t about the resurrection of his political career. Of course it was entirely coincidental that just days after his Global interview he announced he would be running in the PC Ontario leadership race.

My favorite part of this saga, though, was Brown had to tell us all that he passed not only one but two lie-detector tests related to the allegations brought forward in CTV’s fake news reports, as he might describe them. A close second for me were a series of stories about how Brown didn’t really resign. Yes, folks, this happened. We are not talking about auditioning for a guest role on Dr. Phil, but rather someone who believes you should elect him as premier of Ontario. [....]
http://www.hilltimes.com/2018/.....155/135100

What do you think of that?

The media is framing the story to imply that Brown is doing something vaguely indecent in running again for his (1) reputation and (2) for the leadership. But they can't put their finger on it, so they use sarcasm and mockery. It's weak, but they will keep repeating this theme until it is drummed in -- if they can.

'But they can't honestly feel there's a choice, can they? They have to accept that few people believe the runaway women's allegations enough to stomach another four years of Wynne. And the other candidates are weak on the ground, products to be sold.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline Mulroney calls on Patrick Brown to drop out of Tory leadership race

By The Canadian Press — The Canadian Press — Feb 22 2018

TORONTO — Caroline Mulroney, who is vying to lead Ontario's Opposition, is calling on Patrick Brown to drop out of the Progressive Conservative leadership race.

Mulroney, a Toronto lawyer and daughter of former prime minister Brian Mulroney, says the race is not the place for Brown, who stepped down amid sexual misconduct allegations, to clear his name.

In a statement on Twitter, Caroline Mulroney says the Tories need a leader that will put the party before individual needs.

She is asking her fellow competitors — Christine Elliott, Doug Ford and Tanya Granic Allen — to join her call for Brown to step aside.

Brown quit the party's top job in late January after CTV News reported sexual misconduct allegations against him that he vehemently denies. The allegations have not been verified by The Canadian Press.

The 39-year-old Barrie, Ont., politician launched a bid to reclaim his job on Friday, and his leadership campaign was given the green light by a party committee yesterday.

The Canadian Press

https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2018/02/22/caroline-mulroney-calls-on-patrick-brown-to-drop-out-of-tory-leadership-race-3/#.Wo7tnEn2Zjp
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown didn't let enough time lapse before declaring himself free of any allegations.

His staff quit so quickly, what could be the reason for that? It had to be something and that something has not surfaced.

Everything went way too fast and PB needs to let the dust settle and let things work their way through first.
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC is once again talking through his hat. What does he know about how long an innocent man should wait before acting like he's innocent? (He's never been innocent in his life!)

Brown's mistake was in resigning. The accuser's mistake was to withdraw 'from the contest. For their allegations to stick, the have to defend them, and they chose to remain hidden rather than face the rising tide of disbelievers.

As it stands now, the allegations have been debunked.

This is what Brown's work has produced. What's wrong with this performance?

Quote:
Ontarians trust PCs with key election issues: Ipsos poll
By Rebecca Joseph
National Online Journalist, Breaking News Global News

The top issues on Ontarians’ minds as an upcoming election looms are health care, the economy and lowering taxes and energy costs, according to a new poll.

And we think the Progressive Conservative Party is the best party to tackle most of those issues, according to the Ipsos poll, which was conducted exclusively for Global News.

Health care is again the top issue for the upcoming June provincial election with 40 per cent of respondents singling it out.

The economy and jobs came in second at 35 per cent, closely followed by lower taxes with 34 per cent of respondents saying that was the most important issue.

Lower energy costs rounded out the top four at 29 per cent.

When asked which party (and leader) was best to deal with each issue, the NDP came out on top when it comes to health care.

But a majority of Ontarians said the PCs are best suited to deal with issues of the economy and jobs, lower taxes and address energy costs.

They’re also seen as the leader in the issue of integrity in government and its leaders. [....] https://globalnews.ca/news/4040177/ontarians-pcs-key-issues-ipsos/

Caroline Whoever can bleat all she wants, but she is going to have to face Brown in debate, and she can put her charges directly to him then.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny how you copntinually try to make this personal with me. You must have really thin skin.

Anyhow..
Bugs wrote:
TC is once again talking through his hat. What does he know about how long an innocent man should wait before acting like he's innocent? (He's never been innocent in his life!)

It was merelyt my opinion.

A man quit without knowing why, ergo there has to be something he hasnt said. Its either that or he is a complete moron who shouldnt have been there in the first place.

Think about it, he gets word of allegations, within 3 hours he has quit. The very first sign of strife. Pathetic.

And yes, it would be very hard for anyone making $180,000 a year to be able to afford a $2M house. The numbers dont work.

Add in the strange affadavit from the guy running in Brampton and the purchase of Air Miles and you have a strange set of circumstances.
None of it truly bad but begging for a simple explanation. No more no less.

But thanks for agreeing with me , even when trying to swipe....again you a funny guy...
Quote:
Brown's mistake was in resigning.

Ah yes....judge and jury in one fell swoop. Glad to know youve investigated all of this.
Quote:

As it stands now, the allegations have been debunked.

Thanks for the backup. I knew you were reading .
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just my way of 'branding' you. You actually act as if you are a friend of the Conservatives, but your political judgement is so ... well ... warped ... a product of the media, let's say. Your perceptions are so wide of the mark that it's hard to know if you're being genuine or just working out of a troll farm in St Petersburg.

Maybe you're wrong about where the thin skin is, TC.

I have opted for the St Petersburg troll option after many exasperating encounters. Mostly because you dismiss the serious issues with mockery. You know, superficial twirp tactics. I think you know that the charges against Brown are dubious, for example, and we're seeing strong-arm stuff going on that can't be justified based on performance. But you give "stage manager's advice" about how to fake it.

I know, that's the social world you live in, but (excuse me) that's bullshit.

There is such a thing as 'burden of proof' even in the court of public opinion. And when an authentically innocent man acts innocent, it's the public's best indication. They expect everybody to shade the truth, so they discount the words.

Tell me, if this were a staged event, how would it be different?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet here you go again.

Truly sad but expected I suppose.
Bugs wrote:
It's just my way of 'branding' you.

Well...lets see. You have labled me...
1) Gay
2) a woman
3) a Lawyer
4) Sexual deviant
....and those are from recall.

Not true any of them, but typical when someone calls you out on your supposed insight and exposes you. And when that bis done you have run away and not replied.
Thats ok. It shows you for who you are.
Quote:
You actually act as if you are a friend of the Conservatives, but your political judgement is so ... well ... warped ... a product of the media, let's say. Your perceptions are so wide of the mark that it's hard to know if you're being genuine or just working out of a troll farm in St Petersburg.

Unlike you , a died in the wool righty, I am not anything like that. I will vote in this election for the best candidate and none of them inspire me yet. I know unless the heavens parted Wynne will be nowhere in my decision .

Theres been just too much. And to boot I posted very early here that I prefer a PC Ont against a Lib Fed govt.
That you dont recall and continually try to goad me is rather funny.
Quote:

Maybe you're wrong about where the thin skin is, TC.

Nope, you proved it once again in your juvenile rants . Own it.
Quote:

I have opted for the St Petersburg troll option after many exasperating encounters.

You dont answer specific questions posed to you and run away , yet you are exasperated? Exasperated at any inability to respond I hope?
Quote:

Mostly because you dismiss the serious issues with mockery. You know, superficial twirp tactics.

See, heres the thing. You are not the driver of what is and isnt serious.

You make up all sorts of things that you 'deem' serious yet others just leave alone. You have a myriad of posts here where no one comes calling.....leaving your posts fluttering in the wind for reasons only you cant understand.

Its because no one thinks like you do on many issues.

Gays / sex/ sex ed and the like , its generally full of small town poorly educated thinking.
You own that for reasons you could never understand.
Quote:

I think you know that the charges against Brown are dubious, for example, and we're seeing strong-arm stuff going on that can't be justified based on performance.

They are dubious , as my main point when all this broke confirms, there was something but we dont know what, but why did he quit so fast? And his staff? And his supporters?

Quote:

There is such a thing as 'burden of proof' even in the court of public opinion.

LOL !

No there isnt. You prove that daily with your juvenile names for woman and the PM. Its ok, we get it, but dont expect any educated person to respond in kind.
Quote:
And when an authentically innocent man acts innocent, it's the public's best indication.

Dont ever give advice to those publically fingered. You wouldnt make a dime and be broke by the end of the month.

Authentically innocent? Says who?
Patrick Brown sure didnt when he quit with lightning speed. Nor did his backers and co workers.
And for the record, I doubt any criminal actions will ever commence.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Patrick Brown didn't let enough time lapse before declaring himself free of any allegations.

His staff quit so quickly, what could be the reason for that? It had to be something and that something has not surfaced.

Everything went way too fast and PB needs to let the dust settle and let things work their way through first.

it doesn't give me a lot of confidence when he said there is going to be other stories come out that might attack his credibility . he's admitting there is other issues out there

it was also revealed yesterday he has a 23 year old , on again off again gf , who was a former intern when he was an mp in Ottawa , and based on story would of been 21 when she first meet him , this doesn't exactly help disprove the stories against him , nothing wrong with dating someone younger. but when your the mp dating a 20 year old intern , some will question it its ethical

Patrick Brown’s girlfriend says it’s ‘wrong how media has treated him’

Genevieve Gualtieri says he is one of the most 'respectful, decent and caring' individuals she knows

Genevieve Gualtieri and Patrick Brown in August 2015 at Orillia Rib Fest. The two have been on-again-off-again couple, friends say. (Twitter photo)

By Kristin RushowyQueen's Park Bureau
Robert BenzieQueen's Park Bureau Chief

Tues., Feb. 20, 2018

Patrick Brown’s 23-year-old girlfriend says the ousted former Progressive Conservative leader “is one of the most respectful, decent and caring individuals I have ever met.”

“You can ask any questions you want but I have no interest in participating in an attack on a good man,” Genevieve Gualtieri said in a text message to the Star.

“It is wrong how the media has treated him.”

Known to friends as “GG,” Gualtieri worked as an intern in Brown’s office on Parliament Hill when he was a Conservative MP before moving to Queen’s Park in May 2015 — about two weeks after Brown became Progressive Conservative leader

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/02/20/patrick-browns-girlfriend-says-wrong-how-media-has-treated-him.html
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

it doesn't give me a lot of confidence when he said there is going to be other stories come out that might attack his credibility . he's admitting there is other issues out there

it was also revealed yesterday he has a 23 year old , on again off again gf , who was a former intern when he was an mp in Ottawa ,

Thats just the thing he doesnt get. He admits there could be something else, but in the meantime dont worry about it, Vote for me !!

Having a GF that young is nothing to worry about. People do that all the time. Hell, I just got out of a 10 yr relationship and she was 23 years younger than I .

So what? But some people are prickly that way, best is to just ignore them.

Others make up shite all the time, like using 'pedo' when describing a Politician, or lying about the whole agenda. Best to try and ignore them.

At best , Patrcik Brown is out of his element and not smart enough to navigate for anything above running for town Council .
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and that's a reason to support a neophyte? The trouble with all of this taffy-pulling is that it ignores the rest of the field.

I dunno, but considering that Brown was removed from office unjustly, as it turns out, why are we even having this contest on the eve of an election?

RCO may feel a little uncomfortable about Brown dating a 23-year-old, but why? She's an adult, and consenting, certainly as long as the trips to India come with Patrick. But does that mean he'd rather see Caroline Whoever? Or Doug Ford?

Over to you RCO ...

///////////////////////////////////////

For the record, I never said that TC was any of 1) Gay; 2) a woman; 3) a Lawyer ur 4) Sexual deviant ... and I specifically disparaged his legal abilities. As for the rest of TCs screed, it illustrates my point. He doesn't bring up facts or points of view that take issue with me. He insults me instead. I ignore him and he taunts me with claims I am running away.

Would it be a better thread if I responded in kind?
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( according to a source , the meeting brown had with pc committee , didn't allow for proper time to question him or for members to read thru the documents in advance but he was cleared to run anyways , doesn't appear he was actually vetted as was suppose to be the case , a chance to get answers from him as to why he's be plaqued by so many controversies was lost )

Brown vetting process ‘manipulated,’ Ontario PC committee member says

Chris Young/THE CANADIAN PRESS

Karen Howlett and Justin Giovannetti

TORONTO

Published February 22, 2018

Updated 12 hours ago

The vetting of Patrick Brown to run for his old job as leader of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives was undermined by the senior official who was to lead the process sitting on the sidelines and the scant opportunity given to others to review briefing materials prepared on him, says Tory MPP Lisa Thompson.

Ken Zeise, vice-chair of the Provincial Nomination Committee, was supposed to drive the process because he had received the briefing materials prepared by party researchers a day in advance, said Ms. Thompson, one of six members of the committee. But that changed at the 11th hour, she said, with Mr. Zeise remaining virtually silent on Tuesday evening, when the committee interviewed Mr. Brown.

"I felt played," Ms. Thompson told The Globe and Mail. "I was disappointed an opportunity to hear answers to very pointed questions was taken away from us."

Ms. Thompson said she and other committee members were shown the materials shortly before the meeting, giving them no opportunity to thoroughly review them.

But just before the meeting began, Mr. Zeise was summoned into the hallway by Mike Richmond, a lawyer and a friend of Mr. Brown's. When Mr. Zeise returned about 15 minutes later, he sat at the back of the room instead of at the table with other members and did not ask any questions, Ms. Thompson said.

Mr. Zeise acknowledged that Mr. Richmond chatted to him in the hallway about a tape of a phone conversation Mr. Richmond had obtained of Mr. Zeise making comments about Mr. Brown. He also said he sat on a table by the window when he returned to the meeting.

Asked if he questioned Mr. Brown about the briefing documents, Mr. Zeise said: "I think not. I think there was a point where I joined a conversation and made a point. Did I take the lead? No."

However, Mr. Zeise said he did not need to "grill" Mr. Brown because it is really up to members of the party to decide who should lead the party. The committee reached a consensus on Wednesday, giving Mr. Brown the go-ahead to run for the leadership, four weeks after he was forced to resign amid allegations of sexual misconduct.

Mr. Richmond declined to comment when reached by The Globe and Mail on Thursday.

"Unfortunately, our co-chair who was to lead the interview was taken out of play," Ms. Thompson said. "Questions that needed to be asked weren't asked. It was a process at the end of the day that was manipulated, unfortunately."

According to the party's rules, prospective candidates must sit for an interview with the nomination committee, which conducts background checks on them. While the rules stipulate that the committee can alter its criteria for disqualifying any candidate, it is supposed to consider financial issues, social media history, any ethical questions or concerns raised about would-be candidates, as well as their contribution to public life and commitment to the party.

Ms. Thompson said she had time to briefly flip through the briefing documents on Mr. Brown, which she said included records on the waterfront house he purchased on Lake Simcoe's Shanty Bay for $2.3-million, the $1.72-million mortgage on the property and an affidavit for a proposed $375,000 transaction between Mr. Brown and a future PC candidate.

The proposed transaction, first reported by The Globe, is part of a complaint Tory MPP Randy Hillier filed with the province's Integrity Commissioner on Tuesday, the same day Mr. Brown met with the nomination committee.

Under the proposed deal, Mr. Brown was to sell an interest in a restaurant he partly owns and some Aeroplan miles for $375,000 to Jass Johal, a Brampton paralegal who went on to become a Tory candidate.

According to a copy of an affidavit shown to The Globe, Mr. Johal says he agrees to purchase two million Aeroplan miles and an ownership interest in Hooligans restaurant from Mr. Brown. The affidavit is dated June 11, 2016, and signed by Mr. Johal.

Mr. Brown told The Globe in an e-mail that "no deal was ever done." Mr. Johal has not returned several e-mails and phone messages.

Other documents seen by The Globe, including bank statements, show that Mr. Brown deposited $375,000 into his account at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce on July 11, 2016, the same month he purchased the house on Shanty Bay.

When asked about that, Mr. Brown, who earned $180,886 a year as the leader of the Official Opposition, said in the e-mail: "Like many people in Ontario, I received help from my family purchasing my home."

Mr. Brown pledged in an interview on TVO's The Agenda on Thursday that he will be "turning over every stone" to find the political adversaries whose allegations are responsible for his resignation.

Mr. Brown dismissed stories about his personal finances as "alternative facts." When asked how he could afford such an expensive home on his salary, Mr. Brown said that his pay was in excess of his mortgage payments.

Mr. Brown also took to Twitter on Thursday to denounce the allegations made by Mr. Hillier in his complaint to the Integrity Commissioner, calling them "either fictional" or statements that are true and "perfectly acceptable at law."

Mr. Hillier, who is endorsing former Tory MPP Christine Elliott in the leadership race, has questioned whether Mr. Brown has disclosed gifts and other income he might have received. Mr. Brown says on Twitter that he has submitted a private disclosure statement to the Integrity Commissioner.

"It is unfortunate that Mr. Hillier, a legislator who claims to represent hard-working taxpayers, has opted to usurp the resources of a taxpayer-funded institution such as the Office of the Integrity Commissioner to fight an internal Party leadership race," Mr. Brown said on Twitter

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/caroline-mulroney-urges-patrick-brown-to-quit-ontario-pc-leadership-race/article38063657/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
... and that's a reason to support a neophyte? The trouble with all of this taffy-pulling is that it ignores the rest of the field.

I dunno, but considering that Brown was removed from office unjustly, as it turns out, why are we even having this contest on the eve of an election?

RCO may feel a little uncomfortable about Brown dating a 23-year-old, but why? She's an adult, and consenting, certainly as long as the trips to India come with Patrick. But does that mean he'd rather see Caroline Whoever? Or Doug Ford?

Over to you RCO ...

///////////////////////////////////////

For the record, I never said that TC was any of 1) Gay; 2) a woman; 3) a Lawyer ur 4) Sexual deviant ... and I specifically disparaged his legal abilities. As for the rest of TCs screed, it illustrates my point. He doesn't bring up facts or points of view that take issue with me. He insults me instead. I ignore him and he taunts me with claims I am running away.

Would it be a better thread if I responded in kind?

I'm undecided as to who I'd vote for but won't be Brown for 1st or even 2nd choice

personally don't care who Brown is dating and don't understand why its been such an issue . just feel the fact he's dating a 23 year old , doesn't help to disprove the accusations against him , that involved him allegedly making a female staff member uncomfortable cause he wanted to date her .

the fact he's actually willing to date a staff member in her 20's , leads to some questions . and some might wonder if he's had a pattern of trying to date female staff members over the years . which was why he had become so vulnerable to sexual harassment accusations to begin with . even if he had legally done no wrong , he was guilty by reputation as it must of been widely known in Ottawa of his dating practices

at this point allowing Brown to lead the pc's would be like making Helena Guergis conservative leader before the 2011 election , it only be asking for trouble

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next  

Jump to: