Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( another resignation from congress )

Rep. Trent Franks resigning from Congress

By Elizabeth Zwirz | Fox News

Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., is expected to resign, Fox News learned Thursday.

Arizona Congressman Trent Franks has announced his decision to resign from Congress, according to a statement he released Thursday on the matter.

Trent said he will leave his seat on Jan. 31, 2018 following complaints from two of his employees, with whom he discussed the subject of becoming a surrogate for he and his wife, who have had difficulty with fertility, he said.

The House of Representatives Committee on Ethics had previously released a statement announcing an investigation into into the congressman.

"Pursuant to the Committee's action, the Investigation Subcommittee shall have jurisdiction to determine whether Representative Trent Franks engaged in conduct that constitutes sexual harassment and/or retaliation for opposing sexual harassment, in violation of House Rules, law, regulations, or other standards of conduct," the statement said.

Upon leaving the House floor on Thursday, Trent was consoled by fellow Republican members, including Rep. Louis Gohmert, R-Texas, Rep. Robert Aderholt, R-Ala., and Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz.

Trent is currently serving his eight term in Congress -- he was first elected in 2002.

The congressman serves on the Armed Services Committee and the Judiciary Committee, in addition to be a member of the House Freedom Caucus.

He's known to be a staunch fiscal and social conservative with a pro-life stance on abortion. He sponsored House-passed legislation to make it a crime for any person to perform an abortion if the age of the fetus is 20 weeks or more.

Before being elected into Congress, Trent was a small business owner and later served in the Arizona Legislature, according to his website biography.

According to the page, Trent is a strong proponent for smaller government and "believes in personal responsibility, strong national defense, free enterprise, protecting the innocent, and in the timeless truths and principles of the United States Constitution."

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic.....gress.html
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge news! In Alabama, the charges of sexual impropriety hit the Moore campaign hard. It wasn't that it was so bad, but a 30-something man sniffing around for dates with teenagers seems a tad creepy.

It became a Gloria Alred production, where three or four -- I never watched this closely enough to know (after all, Harvey was being revealed at the time). The most credible of the women had a yearbook with his signature on it, which she used to back up her story of him groping her.

He denied it, and claimed while he did date these young girls, he contacted their parents and got permission, and actually was courting in a very traditional way. In 1910, it wouldn't have been weird to get a start on life before seeking a wife. In 1975, it was odd, but this was a rural town in Alabama.

Other people, who also worked at the restaurant, for instance, challenge her story. It has been a big part of this campaign, which ought to have been an easy victory for any Republican.

But now a new break in the story.

Quote:
Moore Accuser Admits The Yearbook Was Doctored
HENRY RODGERS
Political Reporter
11:07 AM 12/08/2017

One of Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore’s accusers admitted that the yearbook she claims he signed was slightly doctored, during a Friday interview with ABC News.

Beverly Young Nelson, who accused Moore of groping her in the parking lot of a restaurant where she worked, appeared with famed liberal attorney Gloria Allred in the interview with “Good Morning America,” where she admitted to adding the date under Moore’s signature.

The attorney of the Republican senate candidate said that he didn’t want to “make any allegations,” but mentioned that the should look at the two “77s” signed in the yearbook, should be looked at.

Nelson is reportedly holding a press conference Friday afternoon.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/12.....paign=push

The larger issue is control of the Senate. If Moore wins, he replaces Sessions, and the split in the Senate remains the same. If he loses, the Democrats gain a seat, and the Republican majority, already slim, is reduced to one.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

How?

Oh, you did not know the law huh?

Oh ok. Lesson time.

There is a close in age exemption in the law. A 15 yr old can do the dirty with an older person of no more than 4 years.

You see, teenagers are a weird bunch insofar as they are prone to make mistakes and with their hormones we recognize it and do not to penalize what teens do with each other. If a 17 yr engages in consensual sex with a 15 yr old we do not imprison. (authority or person in power clause would kick in)

Hope that helps !

If not can I get your business card? The one that reads ....
"President of Jerry Sandusky Fan Club" ?
Quote:

Your only problem with this is the age difference?

My only problem? Naw...dont think so.
He is/was 52 years old getting a 15 yr old to show him her tits and cooch .

You are some thing else in that you are ok with your daughter getting some from some old creep.

Kind of makes you a shitty parent then. Congrats.
Quote:

Why? You are a guy who thinks it's OK for the ex A-G of Ontario to kill people whenever he has an incidence of road rage.

Ahh...here comes that go-to when you are losing an argument. You are a whiny little liar arent you?
You know the facts of the case but your present your own. Good lord man you are a simpleton.

And....what does the Bryant case have to do with adults creeping on teen girls?
Quote:

Who cares about your judgement?

Apparently you ! LOL ! And thats cuz your arguments (on this ) are infantile and moronic.

Quote:

It's entirely based on which side you're on. You sleep with an abortionist, for Christ's sake.

I do ? (I have told you before ....now again.) She makes babies you idiot! LOL
Quote:

You have to give us real reasons, not the strange feelings that flit through your brain when you see the name Bugs.

I have tried but you refuse to read. I like schooling you when you post dumb shit like you do. Ever see me have to do that with others? Naw...they post w a brain and stick to facts, whereas you like to make shit up and think youre smart, youre not, youre a dumbass when it comes to social issue posts .

For example...
Quote:

As for proportionality, we'd have to think of what other crimes one would have to commit in the same state to get 21 months in a FEDERAL facility. How much money would you have to steal, as a first time white offender at 52 years of age who has remorse and had a big career ... how big a crime would such a person have to commit to get 21 months in New York State?

Wow...dumbass post is dumbass.
Now you equate a convicted sex offender to someone stealing some cash.

Riiiiight......
Quote:

I wish I knew the answer.

I wish you knew the question, but obviously you dont.
Quote:
Maybe you can make some shit up and pretend it proves your point.

Now THAT I leave to you to make up .

Youre good at it . LOL.
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is all shit I have been through with TC before. I don't need to respond.

I am not voting in that election, and am merely bringing it to attention because I am pretty sure that this story would not appear in Canadian media. For the record, I am neither a supporter nor an opponent of Judge Roy Moore. I am an observer. I do hope that Trump can maintain a majority in the Senate, however.

Secondly, we are talking about rural Alabama in the 1970ies, which is almost 40 years ago. There has been a big stir because it affects the balance of power in the Senate.

Gloria Alred presented a group of women who felt offended by Roy Moore. This is getting to be a dog-and-pony show. As sex goes, it was small potatoes. He did date young women, but his claim is that he went to their homes to pick them up and meet their parents, and all of that. In some cases, he phoned to get permission. He probably brought posies. There are local people who corroborate this.

I think TC is a little bit dreamy-eyed and confused. Big-city social work regulations in 2017 Canada, where you are legally required to wash your hands before sex, probably has very little to do with the courting practices of rural southern US communities in 1975. And when did Canadian law apply in Alabama anyway?

The question is: will Judge Roy Moore be a bigger sexual harasser on Capitol Hill than Teddy Kennedy and Bill Clinton? Or a lot of Senators ... that's part of why I think something else is going on. Who is going to tell me that Al Franken is any different than probably another score of Senators. Why him?

And even more suspicious -- why is so accepting of it? This is not Al Franken's characteristic response.

We'll see in the election how the local people chalk all this up. They know best.

For those who are interested, an audio by Levin, an astute commentator on the political scene from a stern, doctrinaire point of view. Biblical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsm6kxuUllM

He feels that the Franken promise to resign is bogus. (Watch at the 4 minute mark for a couple of minutes, after the bombast.)

He says this promise of a resignation heads off McConnell's threat to take the case to the Ethics Committee.

If Moore wins, the Democrats plan to immediately make him a poster boy of sexual groping, and they won't be able to make that stick as long as Al Franken's exposure hangs in the air. They'll look like hypocrites.

If Moore arrives, part of the issue will be the importance of keeping the balance of power so close ... and calls will go out for Franken to delay his resignation ... forever.

I dunno, myself. But I don't think the resignation promise is for real.
Bugs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Trump calls on voters to back alleged sex abuser Roy Moore and even mocks one of his accusers in huge Florida rally – fifteen miles from Alabama – as he unloads on 'fake news' and can't resist a jab at Hillary Clinton
* President Donald Trump rallied his supporters in Pensacola, Florida, a town that's less than 15 miles from this month's political ground zero
* Pensacola voters will decide the strange U.S. Senate special election between Republican Roy Moore and Democrat Doug Jones
* During his speech he jabbed at one of the nine women who have accused Moore of misconduct, Beverly Young Nelson, who revised a detail of her story Friday
* 'You know the yearbook? Did you see that? That was a little mistake made. She started writing things in the yearbook,' the president scolded
* Trump also stopped and pointed to a man in the crowd at one point and said: 'This guy's screaming, 'We want Roy Moore!' He's right'
* Moore stands accused of sexual misconduct by nine different women, including two who say he groped them while they were 14 and 16 years old
* Trump kicked off his speech taking a swipe at 'fake news' media on the day CNN had to correct a story
* It had falsely claimed Trump's son Donald Jr. was tipped off to a cache of hacked emails before WikiLeaks published them
* He said the reporters he loves to hate 'have been apologizing left and right'
[....]
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new.....z50m78Go9J

This is from the tabloid-ish end of British journalism, but it has better information than CNN! Trump has a big rally on the borders of Alabama and all but endorsed Roy Moore. In the prevailing context, the charges are weaker than what now seems normal. The media has blown this out of proportion. The more credible of the two complainants (according to Ann Coulter) has admitted to tampering with the evidence.

Trump has tried to avoid making this a plebescite on himself, but it is, now. If Moore wins, it will perhaps be a watershed moment, as far as Congress is concerned. If he loses, the Democrats will feel they have the momentum, and double down of their efforts to stop Trump at any cost.
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( there will be a special election in Arizona in april )

Gov. Ducey sets special election dates for Trent Franks' seat

Posted: Dec 11 2017 08:55AM MST

Updated: Dec 11 2017 10:48AM MST

PHOENIX (AP) - Gov. Doug Ducey has set the dates for a special primary election and a special general election to fill the vacancy created when U.S. Rep. Trent Franks resigned after revealing that he discussed surrogacy with two female staffers.

The primary election will be on February 27, 2018, followed by the general election on April 24, 2018.

Several Republicans have said they shown an interest in seeking the vacancy in the 8th Congressional District, an area of northern and western Phoenix suburbs.

Former Corporation Commissioner Bob Stump formally announced his candidacy within an hour of Ducey's announcement.

State Sen. Steve Montenegro says he's joining the race to replace Franks. Montenegro worked as Franks' district director and said he had told Franks he would run to replace him in the upcoming special election. He had been seeking the Republican nomination for secretary of state.

Franks initially said he would leave office on Jan. 31. But after getting an ultimatum from House Speaker Paul Ryan, he announced Friday he would step aside immediately.

A former Franks aide had told The Associated Press that the congressman pressured her to carry his child and once offered her $5 million to be a surrogate mother.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/po.....anks-seat_
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( the bizarre Alabama senate race is over and it appears Doug Jones won although Moore has yet to concede and might ask for a recount , it seems obvious to anyone that moore was a horrible candidate and had the republicans ran anyone else they easily would of won this senate election , so I wouldn't classify it as a vote against the republicans rather a vote against Moore )

Alabama Senate election: Doug Jones wins in major upset, Roy Moore won't yet concede

Alex Pappas By Alex Pappas | Fox News

Jones wins Alabama Senate race, Moore refuses to concede

Jonathan Serrie reports on the stunning upset election.

Democrat Doug Jones has pulled off a major upset in Alabama by defeating Republican Roy Moore in Tuesday’s special election, becoming the first Democrat to win election to the Senate from the deeply conservative state in 25 years.

"We have come so far and the people of Alabama have spoken," Jones said during a victory speech in Birmingham late Tuesday.

But in a late-night speech to supporters, Moore refused to concede. Moore told the crowd that when the “vote is this close…it’s not over.”

With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Jones had 49.9 percent to Moore's 48.4 percent.

Moore said the campaign was looking into the state's "recount provision." Under Alabama law, a mandatory recount takes place if a candidate wins by a half percent or less.

“We also know that God is always in control,” he said.

Bill Armistead, his campaign chairman, floated a possible recount late Tuesday.

Other Republicans, though, already accepted the outcome. In a tweet, President Trump congratulated Jones on his “hard fought victory.”

“The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win,” Trump said. “The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!”

A Democrat winning the special election for the seat to replace Attorney General Jeff Sessions was seen as just a remote possibility several months ago.

Democratic candidate Doug Jones greets supporters after casting his ballot Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017, in Mountain Brook , Ala. Jones is facing Republican Roy Moore. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)

Doug Jones, an attorney best known for prosecuting two members of the KKK for the 1963 bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, initially wasn’t believed to have a realistic chance of winning the seat. Alabama hasn’t elected a Democrat to the Senate in 25 years. (AP)

But Jones, a Birmingham attorney famous for prosecuting the KKK, caught a break after Moore was overwhelmed in recent weeks with multiple allegations of past sexual misconduct. Moore denied the accusations throughout the race.

Moore, the former chief justice of Alabama’s Supreme Court, has faced multiple allegations he pursued romantic relationships with teenage girls while he was in his thirties -- accusations that have dramatically shaken up the race. He has denied the claims.

The Fox News Voter Analysis, a new polling technique Fox News is testing to improve coverage, indicated 51 percent of voters on Tuesday believed the accusations against Moore.

The analysis also showed that 59 percent of voters thought Jones has strong moral character, while 57 percent said Moore doesn’t.

The dramatic Democratic win cuts the GOP’s Senate majority from 52 to 51, further dimming Republican hopes of enacting major legislation backed by President Trump. Jones likely won't be seated in Congress until January.

Because he is filling the rest of Sessions' term, Jones will not serve a full six year Senate term. The seat will be up for re-election again in 2020.

FILE - In this Monday, Sept. 25, 2017, file photo, former Alabama Chief Justice and U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore speaks at a rally, in Fairhope, Ala. President Donald Trump in tweets Sunday, Nov. 26, is again coming to the side of Moore by bashing the Democratic nominee Doug Jones in the Alabama Senate race. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson, File)

Roy Moore, a favorite of religious conservative voters with a long, colorful political history that has both fueled and complicated his rise in Alabama. (AP)

Earlier in the day, Trump, who endorsed Moore even as other top Republicans in Washington called on the nominee to drop out of the race, on Tuesday reiterated his support by arguing Moore would vote for his agenda in Congress.

“The people of Alabama will do the right thing... Roy Moore will always vote with us,” the president tweeted.

Trump painted Jones as a liberal “puppet” of Democratic leaders Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi.

“Doug Jones is Pro-Abortion, weak on Crime, Military and Illegal Immigration, Bad for Gun Owners and Veterans and against the WALL,” Trump tweeted.

Trump won 62 percent of Alabama’s vote in the 2016 presidential race.

Most of the attention in the race, though, centered on Moore. A favorite of religious conservative voters, he has a colorful political history that has both fueled and complicated his rise in Alabama.

How will the Doug Jones victory impact Trump's agenda?

He first got national attention in the 1990s as a county judge when he hung a wooden Ten Commandments plaque on the wall of his courtroom.

Benefiting from his popularity after the episode, Moore then ran and won a race for chief justice of the state’s Supreme Court in 2000. But he was ousted after refusing to remove a 5,280-pound granite Ten Commandments monument from the rotunda of the state judicial building.

He resurrected his political career in 2012, getting elected chief justice again. But his tenure was short-lived once more: In 2016, Moore was suspended as chief justice after he directed probate judges not to issue marriage certificates to gay couples.

After Sessions’ resignation, Luther Strange, the state’s former attorney general, was temporarily appointed to the seat in April before a special election could take place. Strange was appointed by then-Gov. Robert Bentley, who later resigned in the cloud of a scandal.

Despite being endorsed by Trump and enjoying the support of a well-funded super PAC connected to Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell, Strange went on to lose a runoff to Moore in September.

Last month, though, Moore was hit with multiple allegations that he initiated sexual encounters with teenagers when he was a young attorney in the 1970s.

McConnell called on Moore to drop out of the race and explored options for either removing Moore from the ballot or backing a write-in alternative. He also suggested Moore would face a Senate Ethics Committee investigation had he won.

Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner, the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, had said the Senate could take the extraordinary step of voting to remove Moore if he had won.

Alabama’s senior Republican senator, Richard Shelby, said he didn’t vote for Moore and instead wrote in the name of another Republican.

Moore, though, never backed down amid the accusations, holding multiple rallies with Trump’s former adviser, Steve Bannon, in recent weeks.

“I’m not talking about the accusers today,” Moore said after arriving at his polling location in Gallant, Alabama, on Tuesday. “I’m talking about this race... the people will answer the allegations this evening with the vote.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic.....ncede.html
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexual misconduct allegations weighed heavily on Moore candidacy, results suggest

By Benjamin Brown | Fox News

Roy Moore: It's not over

Republican Senate candidate does not concede the race, urges supporters to be patient, let the process and potential recount play out.

If Democrat Doug Jones' victory in Tuesday's U.S. Senate election in Alabama stands, the litany of sexual misconduct allegations against Roy Moore will have proven to be too much for the Republican to overcome.

Prior to the allegations, almost any Republican would have been a lock to claim the Senate seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions. A Democrat's chances of winning would have been slim to none in the dark red state of Alabama.

But although Moore did not concede defeat Tuesday, Jones was credited with a shocking victory -- as the wave of allegations against Moore took their toll.

"We have come so far and the people of Alabama have spoken," Jones said during a victory speech in Birmingham late Tuesday.

Nearly two-thirds of voters (64 percent) said the allegations were important to their vote – and those voters went overwhelmingly for Jones, according to a Fox News voter analysis.

Bill Britt, host of 'voice of Alabama politics,' discusses his recent interview with Moore.

Despite Moore winning among white women by 22 points (60 percent to 38 percent), his competitor was +12 points among all women.

Moore's results were a far cry from 2012, when Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney won 83 percent of the state's white women vote, the analysis showed.

Moore's downfall began with a Washington Post article on Nov. 9 that alleged he pursued a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl when he was 32. In the Post’s article, a total of four women accused Moore of sexual misconduct in the late 1970s and early 1980s, and several more women came forward since.

Although Moore repeatedly denied the claims, 51 percent of voters believed the accusations were true, according to the analysis.

But Moore also didn’t help himself when pressed on the issue during an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity.

“Not generally, no,” Moore said when asked if he remembered dating girls that young at the time. “If [I] did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything but I don't remember anything like that.”

Moore, who refused to step down from the race, lost the support of key Republican allies, including Alabama’s long-serving U.S. Sen. Richard Shelby who said he “couldn’t vote for Moore” just several days before the election.

U.S. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., posted on Twitter a photo of a $100 check he wrote to the Jones campaign, saying “Country over party.”

President Donald Trump didn’t endorse Moore until just last week, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said if Moore were to win the election, he would face the Senate Ethics Committee.

But it appears Trump’s support made little difference, despite his winning Alabama by 28 points in the 2016 presidential election. According to Fox News voter analysis, two-thirds of voters (66 percent) said Trump had no impact on their vote.

The Republican National Committee, which suspended funding for Moore’s campaign following the allegations, also decided at the last minute to once again support Moore and restore financial support.

Another factor in Moore's struggles: While the Republican Party was having an internal battle over morals and whether to support Moore, Democrats were calling upon some of their biggest names -- including U.S. Sen. Al Franken of Minnesota and U.S. Rep. John Conyers of Michigan -- to resign following sexual harassment allegations.

Conyers announced his resignation from Congress earlier this month, and Franken said he would step down in the “coming weeks.”

The Democrats sought to show voters that they took sexual misconduct allegations more seriously than the GOP did -- and Jones' apparent victory suggests they may have succeeded.

Prior to the Washington Post report, Moore was a controversial figure who previously argued Muslims shouldn’t be able to serve in Congress and backed the conspiracy theory over former President Barack Obama’s birth certificate.

In a 2005 interview, Moore said “homosexual conduct” should be illegal.

But despite Republican leaders, including President Donald Trump, acknowledging Jones’ victory Tuesday night, Moore refused to concede and said he was looking into the state’s “recount provision.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic.....ggest.html
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh! A sad result.

The worst thing, for me, is that it is going to revive all the worst tendencies of the Democrats. They will double down on sexual sleaze, the impeachment craziness will continue, and Trump now has no choice -- it seems to me -- but to clean up the Department of Justice.

Do the opponents of Trump now dare to defeat the tax reforms?

It seems like a big set-back.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this will effect tax reform,
Just the rest of the agenda.

Strange is still the sitting Senator till likely after the Senate Session ends.
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Ugh! A sad result.

The worst thing, for me, is that it is going to revive all the worst tendencies of the Democrats. They will double down on sexual sleaze, the impeachment craziness will continue, and Trump now has no choice -- it seems to me -- but to clean up the Department of Justice.

Do the opponents of Trump now dare to defeat the tax reforms?

It seems like a big set-back.

the result seemed kind of predictable to me although not predictable months ago . but once the "allegations " came public his polling numbers had been much lower and a lot of republicans had said he should drop out of the race

my guess is a lot of republicans in Washington are upset at losing the safe seat but not really that upset that Moore himself won't be coming to Washington
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Moore uber religious views anymore !

Gotta like that . The Republicans...the normal ones, are glad he tanked.

On the plus side, he now has time to cruise malls, so ya know, he has that going for him, which is nice.
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
I don't think this will effect tax reform,
Just the rest of the agenda.

Strange is still the sitting Senator till likely after the Senate Session ends.

American politics is so weird , even if the democrats have a great year in 2018 which seems to be increasingly possible what would there mandate even be ?

the economy is already booming , the unemployment rate is low , ISIS has virtually been defeated in Iraq and Syria , gay marriage has been legalised by the supreme court already

I don't really see a lot of issues , other than Health Care which is complex and divisive and there initial solution ( Obama care ) turned a lot of people off and was seen as too expensive , then we have gun control which would almost certainly not be signed into law by trump if he's still president unless its for minor things the gun lobby could live with

and then the crazy idea of a possible impeachment of trump himself , surely to be highly divisive and controversial , and at this point without an exact reason as to why other than the democrats didn't like him

all of which sets of a highly unpredictable 2020 presidential , senate and congressional elections and ( this Alabama seat is up for re-election and could easily return to the republicans , as Jones only managed to win by 1% against possibly the worst republican candidate in the state ever )

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  

Jump to: