Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: NDP MP Claude Patry Crosses Floor to BQ Reply with quote

Quote:
Claude Patry, who won the Jonquiere-Alma riding as part of the NDP's "orange wave" in Quebec in the 2011 election, has announced he is leaving the party to join the separatist Bloc Québécois.

The move brings the number of BQ MPs in the House of Commons to five.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politic.....witch.html
cosmostein

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting;

Jonquière—Alma was actually a pretty safe Conservative riding from 2006 onward with Jean-Pierre Blackburn winning it twice with > 50%.

I am honestly surprised we are seeing just a single NDP MP cross over the pending Clarity Act vote; I assumed we would see two or three at least.
RCO

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just noticed the article online , surprised to hear an ndp mp has left the party ? not really . its becoming more obvivous everyday that its less and less likely there going to sweep quebec again . especially with trudeau from montreal likely to lead liberals and bloc likely to return to better % support than last election

as for jonquiere alma returning to conservatives anytime soon not likely jean pierre blackburn would ever run again at his age and he was only tory to ever be popular in the riding , so it might be a pretty safe BQ area i'd suspect
cosmostein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have come to expect of all floor crosser; Mulcair is asking him to step down and run in a by-election.

What make this interesting is that the reasoning is pretty sound:

Quote:
Mulcair also noted that Patry voted with the party last year on a bill that would force MPs who cross the floor to another party to resign their seat and run in a byelection and he called on Patry to do that now.

"We call upon [Patry] to have the courage of those convictions, to step down from his seat in Jonquière-Alama and run in a by-election if he thinks the people of his riding support him," Mulcair said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politic.....witch.html
cosmostein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
i just noticed the article online , surprised to hear an ndp mp has left the party ? not really . its becoming more obvivous everyday that its less and less likely there going to sweep quebec again . especially with trudeau from montreal likely to lead liberals and bloc likely to return to better % support than last election

as for jonquiere alma returning to conservatives anytime soon not likely jean pierre blackburn would ever run again at his age and he was only tory to ever be popular in the riding , so it might be a pretty safe BQ area i'd suspect

I do agree that Blackburn running again at 64 is unlikely, its more an issue that its a riding where the NDP and Bloc will be at each other the entire campaign it may not be a bad idea to pillage the former ADQ ranks and run someone name.

Jump to: