Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: If you threatened a Muslim you would be arrested, right? Reply with quote

If we, expecially us white guys who are patriotic, threatened a Muslim they, you know who, would be all over us like white on rice — white rice not brown.

But the politically correct and mainly the left, the apologists and appeasers stand up for a wacko zealous Muslim in Toronto and Canada.

Toronto Police Refuse to Investigate Islamist Death Threats by IPT News

http://www.investigativeprojec.....e-islamist

Be the first of your friends to like this.Canadian authorTarek Fatah has written about his frustration with Canadian authorities' response to a death threat against him.
It came in a Twitter posting containing a Somali profanity. "This is an open threat to Xaar Boy@Tarek Fatah," it read. "I know where you live and where your office is." The sender pictured herself "wearing a purple hijab in the style of Toronto's radical young Islamists," wrote Fatah, founder of the Muslim Canadian Congress.

He explained that he learned about it just after waking up after surgery.
Other Twitter users condemned the threat, with some urging that the woman be arrested. She withdrew the posting, only to repeat the threat later that morning. "He was also the 1 to propose banning the Niqab in Quebec, (and he) supports homosexuality," she wrote, adding: "This is an open threat. I know where you live/work @TarekFatah."

Other Islamists joined the attack against Fatah, with some saying he had brought the threats on himself. Fatah contacted Toronto police. A few hours later, two uniformed policemen came to interview him in the hospital. A minute into the interview, two other men entered and ordered everyone else to leave the room. Fatah recognized the pair as police intelligence officers. One of them "had shut down a previous investigation into a death threat against me in 2008," Fatah wrote.

The same intelligence officer had shut down a 2007 investigation into a death threat directed at another liberal Muslim: Tahir Gora, then a columnist for the Hamilton Spectator, had noticed a Facebook page listing him in a group called "The Enemies of Islam." Next to his name was written: "Pseudo Muslims like you should be put to death."
Gora called the Toronto police and was visited two days later by a pair of Muslim officers who tried to talk him out of filing a complaint against a fellow Muslim. Fatah received a call from a Muslim police officer telling him that the woman who had threatened him twice "didn't mean to say it."

Fatah concludes: "The Toronto police, in their wish to promote an image of diversity and outreach, have dedicated themselves to serving and protecting the radical Islamist elements within our city. Meanwhile, Muslims like myself, who do their best to promote the equality and respect that the police claim to cherish, are left without legal protection when radicals explicitly and publicly threaten us with violence."

Tarek Fatah: Some death threats don’t count
http://fullcomment.nationalpos.....ont-count/
Toronto Centre

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: If you threatened a Muslim you would be arrested, right? Reply with quote

Edmund Onward James wrote:
If we, expecially us white guys who are patriotic, threatened a Muslim they, you know who, would be all over us like white on rice — white rice not brown.

I am confused. Tarek is a Muslim who was threatened, but they wont arrest the perpetrator, yet you say one would be arrested. Have I got that right?

I am unsure of the reason for the inclusion of "us white guys who are patriotic" . Does this mean if one were less patriotic , or not white, the Police would be on this like a dog on a bone?
Quote:

But the politically correct and mainly the left, the apologists and appeasers stand up for a wacko zealous Muslim in Toronto and Canada.

Again,I am unsure here. Are the Police the PC, left , apologists and appeasors , since it is they who have decided not to pursue this?

The shift to the right can happen , and has happened, because the left was getting a bit too loony. I think we can agree on that. ( Minus the hyperbole)

And as a prolific poster of all things conservative and Conservative , you do much diservirce to the promotion Conservative/conservative values when you start a thread with the words "us white guys who are patriotic" It tells the reader of any colour but white and not patriotic that they do not count. Perhaps " do not count is a bit harsh, but it certainly would diminish their involvement.

Is that your aim?

As for the inaction of the police, I am under no illusions when it comes to them. It is a simple thing for them to do. They recieve the complaint, verify its real and go after the person who made it , regardless of any colour political stripe or level of patriotism.

That they dont is no surprise. Dont ever make a complaint at the CNE Police station, they will n ot go out under any circumstances save for death or explosion. Way too much paid duty to bother.(that was a few yrs ago, it may have changed)
chilipepper

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: If you threatened a Muslim you would be arrested, right? Reply with quote

Edmund Onward James wrote:

Tarek Fatah: Some death threats don’t count
http://fullcomment.nationalpos.....ont-count/

You have a good point, it is political correctness and fear of Islamic retribution that holds them back from investigating and charging anyone. Tarek Fatah should continue to ask for an investigation.

He is pretty outspoken and has had death threats before I believe.
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has had threats before. As well as Salim Mansur, Political Science Professor at University of Western Ontario. And then there are the soft-sell Muslim organizations and individuals who lodge complaints with the universities.

Are you aware of how much money Saudi Arabia (Sunni) and Iran (Shi'a) have dished out around the world to universities? The wealthy oil nations. How about I suggest it's in the billions.

One of the problems with the moderates to speak up and defend people like Tarek and Salim is that they also fear threats or being cast out by clerics. But, then there are those supposed moderates who are not so moderate and believe in the Koran.

"Muslims in the US must realize that the Quran stated that (Quran 4:135) "O ye who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to the Lord, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin". Accordingly, Muslims need to be honest enough and admit that there is a particular problem that affects their Muslim communities more than other communities and that they failed to solve such problems." Dr. Tawfik Hamid, a converted radical. www.tawfikhamid.com

Tarek and Salim, there are more, even outspoken women like Irshad Manji, who strongly believe in reform: moderntiy (separation of church and state) and progress, freedom for women. Democracry is not easy. But some form will do in the Middle East.

Even by force, say I.

Jump to: