Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: 365 Ways to Drive a Liberal Crazy Reply with quote

Has anybody read this book? I have read some of the numbers, Human Events emails me everytime one is listed. For example...

No. 64 of 365

Give them another reason why Obama has GOT to go.
NO. 5

He doesn't think America's anything special. No really, he doesn't. Quote: "I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism." In other words: everybody's special. Tell your friend that, with his Barney the Dinosaur egalitarian worldview of everybody being special, Obama ought to be a kindergarten teacher, leading the kids in non-competitive, non-judgmental songs, not the leader of the free world

But I haven't read the book yet.

http://www.patriotdepot.com/pr.....Crazy.html

Although, I have communicated with author James Delingpole about some topic on his blog and he has delightfully replied.

http://jamesdelingpole.com/
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Daeth by Liberalism Reply with quote

Or has anybody read this book?

Death by Liberalism: The Fatal Outcome of Well-Meaning Liberal Policies
by J.R. Dunn

Whatever its failings and faults, its errors and misjudgments, the high moral stature of liberalism has remained beyond dispute. Liberalism stands as the political expression of humanism, a doctrine epitomizing justice and mercy, the embodiment of human decency in the public sphere.

But it is no such thing. "Liberalism kills," argues J.R. Dunn -- and he means that literally. "Liberalism destroys lives, and destroys them in large numbers." Now, in Death by Liberalism: The Fatal Outcome of Well-Meaning Liberal Policies, he shows you how.

Dunn's deliberative account takes no cheap shots, but relies on hard data and reasoned arguments to demonstrate that liberal policies in such areas as criminal justice reform, federal fuel standards, child "protection" agencies, urban renewal and environmental regulations have killed up to 500,000 Americans over the past fifty years.

And there may well be worse coming, argues Dunn: ObamaCare alone, through its destruction of the existing health care system, its leveling of all forms of treatment, and its slavish imitation of the dysfunctional British NHS, threatens up to 450,000 lives per year.

http://www.americanthinker.com.....alism.html

Many AT readers are aware that I have been working on a book project for the past several years. I have mentioned it occasionally on this site, more often in the past few weeks as publication drew nearer. Now zero hour has arrived: Death by Liberalism. The Fatal Outcome of Well-Meaning Liberal Policies is available as of today. (Buy it here.) It's the first publication from Broadside Books, renowned editor Adam Bellow's new conservative imprint....

Simply put, DbL deals with the appalling and overlooked fact that liberalism kills. This is no metaphor, no exaggeration, and no mistake. Liberal policies put in place by liberal politicians to achieve liberal goals kill thousands of Americans each year. In the past half-century, liberalism may have killed up to 500,000 American citizens (and this is not even counting DDT or ethanol, which are responsible for a death rate orders of magnitude larger in the international sphere). We have known for years that liberalism is corrupt, wasteful, and futile. Now we know that it is even worse. Liberalism is lethal.

Does the same apply in Canada? Anybody have some facts even anecdotes and opinions?

Jump to: