Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Kory Teneycke leaves SUN TV. Reply with quote

Kory Teneycke has left SUN TV after about three months on the job, as reported here and elsewhere this morning.

The official press release from Quebecor seems to suggest that he was asked to resign.

Is this related to the AVAAZ petition controversy, and their recent calls for a criminal investigation?

Last edited by cbasu on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 am; edited 6 times in total
chilipepper

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's falling on his sword I guess to allay the suspicions and innuendo. This will be more fodder for the left wing spin machine.
bsenka

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was becoming a distraction for what should have been a celebrated addition to the TV dial. If anyone cost him his job, it's the CBC.
Luke Nicholson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was the main reason I believed this network might actually feature conservative opinion. I'm not as certain with Luc Lavoie in charge.

I still want Sun News to get its licence and get on the air, maybe Kory will end up with some kind of on-air role.
chilipepper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avaaz is crowing that it's a - "a victory for people-powered democracy" - say what !!

How is it Democratic for a non-Canadian organization to horn in on Canadian affairs telling us what we should watch or not watch ? Why do they that think it's democratic to use smears and innuendo against another country in a blatant attempt to stop conservative opinions.

I'm really ticked off about this, we really should get together and organize our own intervention on CRTC. Any idea how we go about it, and would it matter? I don't think Avaaz will have any effect on CRTC, but it has created a diversion and taken a toll.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV is dead anyway. Why do conservatives always get in the game when it is almost over? The Western Standard launched in the dying days of magazines. The National Post hit the scene at the end of the newspaper era. Now we are getting a TV station that will go under (along with the others) within five years.
WBD

Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure how dead TV is. Fox's viewer numbers blow away all the other news networks numbers combined. I get Fox here and will certainly subscribe to Sun TV News.

Wonder what they'll call Chuck Adler's show. I'm thrilled they signed him.

Bill in calgary
plantguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the question is: did he jump or was he pushed? Did his somewhat combative personality prove to much of a lightning rod for negative attention to suit Quebecor?
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WBD wrote:
Not so sure how dead TV is. Fox's viewer numbers blow away all the other news networks numbers combined. I get Fox here and will certainly subscribe to Sun TV News.

Wonder what they'll call Chuck Adler's show. I'm thrilled they signed him.

Bill in calgary
I agree TV news is very much alive. It is just that aside from Fox News, there is none. Whatever ABC and CNN and Newsworld are doing, it is not news, and people don't like it. That is why those places are losing viewers; not because TV is dead, but because they are failing to inform.

Jump to: