Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albertan Technophile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Hockeys coming! Reply with quote

A die-hard Flames fan, Joe amuses himself by scaring every opponent fan he would see strutting down the side of the road in their obnoxious team colors. He would swerve his car as if to hit them, and then he would swerve back on the road just before hitting them.

One day, as he was driving along headed to the Saddledome, he saw a priest walking on the side of the road. He thought he would do a good thing and pull over to offer him a ride. He asked the priest "Where are you going, Father?"

"I'm going to give Mass at St. Joseph's Church" replied the priest. "No problem, Father! I'll give you a lift. Climb in!"

The priest climbed into the back seat, and Joe continued down the road. Suddenly, Joe saw an opposing team fan strutting down the side of the road, and instinctively, he swerved as if to hit him. But as usual, just in time, he swerved back to the road, barely missing the guy. Even though he was certain he missed the guy, he still heard a loud "THUD."

Not understanding where the noise came from, he glanced in his mirrors, but he didn't see anything.

He then remembered the priest in the back seat, and turned to him and said "I'm sorry, Father, I almost hit that Oilers fan." "That's OK" replied the priest. "I got him with the door."
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey? I'm in Vancouver... we don't have hockey here. We have the Canuckleheads instead. After firing half the team and dumping the coach, I suppose they qualify as the "new look Canuckleheads" but they're playing like they've never held sticks before. The future looks bleak... :oops:

-Mac
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hardly wait for the spectacular season Ottawa is going to have, then the even more spectacular playoff flameout. It makes me angry just thinking about it.
Albertan Technophile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suppose they qualify as the "new look Canuckleheads" but they're playing like they've never held sticks before. The future looks bleak... Embarassed

Yeah, my brother is a rabid Canuck fan. He's already choked this year, and I have not yet begun to tease! :twisted:
Mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albertan Technophile wrote:
Yeah, my brother is a rabid Canuck fan. He's already choked this year, and I have not yet begun to tease! :twisted:

I don't miss Bertuzzi... or Crow for that matter... but the team faces an uphill battle winning the hearts of those of us who spent the last season watching them throw away game after game for lack of effort. Their record wasn't an accurate reflection of how poorly they played because they got lucky on so many games. It was like being in Toronto, watching the Leafs stinking their stadium up.

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, Vancouver has a top goalie, the distraction of Bertuzzi is gone, they lost a good defenceman, but lets face it, that guy was injury prone. I think the future looks good for the Canucks. They do seem to be playing their pre-season games with a lot of AHL callups though; there is good news there too. Edmonton only managed to beat the Manitoba Moose by one goal.
Mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's not all bad. I just have a lingering bitter from last year. I'll get over it eventually.

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really like the taste of lingering bitterness, try being an Ottawa fan. Those guys consistently finish #1 or #2, and consistently bow out in the first or second round.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, big George netted the game winner against his old team. That has to hurt.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hocke.....yotes.html

I can hardly wait for the season opener. This business of the Manitoba Moose plus a few NHLers playing similar teams is entertaining, but really has nothing to do with anything. It is all just the coaches experimenting and trying different things, tuning their systems, etc.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been some good games so far. The Ottawa/Leafs game last night was a good preview of the playoff choking to come.

Who was aying that Calgary would be so great this year? Edmonton, it would seem, has something to say about that.

Vancouver was also great in their season opener. Luongo is going to carry them to the promised land.
Albertan Technophile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who was aying that Calgary would be so great this year? Edmonton, it would seem, has something to say about that.

Quit watchin g after 2 periods. Damned ref was the sixth man out there. :evil:
Mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canucks won their season opener??!? Luongo looked solid as a rock??!? Is there hope??!?

-Mac :wink:
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only that, Vancouver won on the road, in Detroit. Hasek is not going to last long this season, I expect in about 3 months they will be buying out his contract and looking to sign something other than a fragile groin.

It kind of bugs me that Hasek could have gone out a legend, but chose to stick around till he became known as a pathetic whiner. One should always try to leave when the crowd still wants more.
McGuire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Canucks won their season opener??!? Luongo looked solid as a rock??!? Is there hope??!?

-Mac :wink:

They've got the same problem as T.O., only have 1 line of scoring. That just ain't enuf in today's NHL. Why they let Anson Carter go is beyond me.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree on the one scoring line thing. Vancouver has some young guys, like Kessler, who are only going to get better, solid veteran leadership as well. I say, wait until November at least and see what happens before you start writing their obituary.

Toronto you can start now though, no point procrastinating on that one.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: