Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanadianKid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two time Toronto Centre candidate and Red Tory Pam Taylor looks like she is shifting her aim slightly north, looking to run in Willowdale.

http://www.facebook.com/group......ref=search
RCO

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( Frank Klees is going to be running again in Newmarket Aurora according to a post on his facebook page )

Klees to Be Acclaimed PC Candidate

by Frank Klees on Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 11:03am
Klees to Be Acclaimed PC Candidate

The Newmarket-Aurora Provincial PC Association confirmed today that veteran MPP Frank Klees will be the PC candidate in the next provincial election. The election date is set for October 6, 2011 under Ontario's fixed election date legislation.

Klees was first elected in 1995 by voters in the York Mackenzie riding, which consisted of Aurora, Newmarket and King. When electoral boundaries were changed for the 1999 election, Klees was asked to run in the newly-created riding of Oak Ridges where he served for two terms. Riding boundaries changed again for the 2007 election, and Klees made the decision to return to the Newmarket-Aurora riding.

“Frank’s reputation as someone who gets things done reaches far beyond York Region, and we're fortunate to have his commitment to carry the PC banner again in the next election," said Stephen Somerville, President of the Newmarket-Aurora PC Association. "Frank understands our community, is always available and will go the extra mile to help and advocate for his constituents. I can't think of anyone better to represent us at Queen's Park.”

The formal meeting to confirm Klees' nomination will take place at 7:30 pm on September 16th at the Glenway Country Club. The public is invited to attend.

Prior to the nomination meeting, the Newmarket-Aurora PC Association is hosting its Annual Reception with Frank Klees in appreciation of his public service to York Region and the Province.

Peter Shurman, MPP for Thornhill and the PC Critic for Economic Development will be the Guest Speaker.

Tickets to this event can be purchased by calling Derek Murray at 416 230 8652 or email at derekmurray@rogers.com

References:

Frank Klees, MPP

Newmarket-Aurora

416 509 8999
RCO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( another high profile municipal official running for the pc's this time in Huron Bruce )

Bezaire sets sights on Queen’s Park
Local
Huron’s Deputy Reeve to campaign as Conservative candidate
Posted 4 days ago

With the deadline to file for nomination in the upcoming Municipal election coming at the end of this week, Central Huron Deputy Reeve and former Huron County Warden John Bezaire announced today that he will not be running for a position on Municipal Council this fall.

Bezaire says he has chosen to focus his attention on becoming the Progressive Conservative candidate for the provincial riding of Huron-Bruce.

"While it has been a tremendous honor serving the people of Huron County for the past number of years as a member of Council, I believe that my time will be better spent bringing new ideas and a fresh approach to Queen's Park," Bezaire said in a release.

"There are a tremendous number of issues that greatly affect the people of Huron-Bruce that, quite frankly, the municipal governments cannot solve until a new relationship and partnership is created with the Province of Ontario. They (the province) set the rules, control the purse strings and ultimately create the environment that councils must work in. While that environment has changed drastically in the past decade, the tools needed by municipalities have not been provided by the Province."

"The days of municipalities begging for much needed funding needs to be replaced with changes to the rules that would allow rural Ontario to find made-at-home solutions to their own challenges without being so financially dependent on the Province."

Bezaire, a father of three and a long time business owner from the Clinton area, has served in municipal office for much of the past 18 years.

"There comes a time when a fresh approach, and new ideas, is needed for an organization to grow and prosper. I am very proud of the work that all the Councils that I have been a part of have accomplished, but there is a limit to what any one individual can contribute. And after all these years, I believe that I can offer more to the people of rural Ontario and Huron-Bruce by taking my experience and ideas to Queen's Park on their behalf."

To find out more about John and to follow the campaign, an announcement regarding his MPP campaign web site launch will be coming in the near future.

http://www.goderichsignalstar......?e=2745834
myspace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

In 2009 the Ontario membership of the PC Party chose Tim Hudak as its Leader because of his youth, his passion, his energy and his experience. The Provincial PC Party needs more vibrant, young Leaders that can carry us to victory in the 2011 Provincial Election. Please commit to supporting Sandy Annunziata as our next PC Candidate for the Niagara Falls Riding. Sandy has established a proven track record of leadership and hard work in both his personal and political careers. He has distinguished himself as a person that cares about families, who will listen and fight vigorously for what is right and just.
On Tuesday, November 23rd let’s send a message to Dalton McGuinty and the rest of the worn out Liberal Party...”Your directionless, tired government has been up too long in Niagara and Sandy Annunziata together with Tim Hudak and an energized PC Party, will be there in 2011 to turn out the lights and say goodnight!”

Thank you

www.sandyannunziata.com

resized1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.95 KB
 Viewed:  7641 Time(s)

resized1.jpg

CanadianKid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2007 candidate Michael Harris was nominated in Kitchener-Conestoga.

http://www.570news.com/radio/5.....rris-named
CanadianKid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know who won HKLB???
RCO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( laurie scott is back in Haliburton Kawartha Lakes , she easily beat the other candidates it appears )

Laurie Scott gets PC nomination
Local News
Posted By Lisa Gervais
Posted 16 hours ago

Laurie Scott will lead the Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock Progressive Conservative (PC) Party into the next provincial election.

Scott received a "very convincing" nomination Saturday night.

Riding association president Dale Walker said the local riding now has the largest membership - at 2020 members - of any riding in the province.

Scott told The Lindsay Post she felt "very good, positive and humbled" by the support she had received.

See more in Tuesday's edition of the Lindsay Post

http://www.thepost.ca/ArticleD.....?e=2763994
RCO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( another municipal politician interested in running this time in Grey Bruce Owen Sound )

Sullivan joins race to replace Murdoch
Local News
Posted By PAUL JANKOWSKI, SUN TIMES STAFF
Updated 4 days ago

West Grey Deputy-mayor Dan Sullivan, who is running for the mayor's position in that municipality, has joined the race to replace Bill Murdoch as the Progressive Conservative candidate in the next provincial election.

Sullivan said Tuesday that he filed his PC nomination papers on Monday. Today is the deadline for would-be candidates to sign up for the race. It is also the last day for people to take out a party membership that will allow them to vote at the nomination meeting, scheduled for Oct. 6 in Tara.

Entering the race so late -- the other three candidates announced their intentions in July -- leaves him at a "tremendous disadvantage" as far as selling party memberships, the tried and true method of securing support for the nomination, but "I think that reflects how sincere I am in terms of wanting to serve in that position," Sullivan said.

"You can sell membership cards, but I would hope everyone would look at the process at the end of the day and would like to see the party elect the best candidate. I feel in stepping forward I've given that option to them."

As far as seeking two political offices, with the Tories choosing their candidate before the Oct. 25 municipal elections, "we'll know whether I'm the candidate or not so that will be removed from the table for the local voters . . . they can make their choice accordingly.

"I didn't set the timing," Sullivan added. "I'm just trying to follow an opportunity within the rules that have been set by others."

Sullivan has more than 20 years of municipal administrative experience dating back to 1985, when he began as clerk in Durham, where he later became clerk-treasurer. He was also chief administrative officer in Arran- Elderslie from 2000 to 2003. That and his political experience are among the things that set him apart from the others seeking the PC candidacy.

"I've worked in both Grey and Bruce at the municipal level," he said. "I'm familiar with the communities and their issues. I have that network of people. I believe I'm the only candidate with county council experience."

When he worked for municipalities "I made the choice not be active or an advocate for any political party," Sullivan said. "I don't believe in party politics at the municipal level but certainly my family has a long-time Tory background. My dad actually worked with (former Progressive Conservative MP and MPP) Eric Winkler back in his day on his campaigns . . . (and) being a treasurer, most people realize you carry a lot of conservative values if you're looking after the people's money."

If elected as MPP, Sullivan said he would take to Queen's Park "the same messages we're trying to get through to them now . . . that this part of Ontario does exist and has needs that are different than Toronto's.

"We need assurance and stability within our farming communities" and there is also the basic democratic right underlined by the wind turbine question -- "do the local people have the ability to decide what goes on in their communities or is that (decision) made in Queen's Park in Toronto?" he said.

Advertisement

Another major issue, he said, "is the financial difficulties that exist federally and provincially. There are some challenges there that are going to require some very deep thought in terms of how we can find a way to live within our means and provide the services that are near and dear to the people."

There is a common belief that winning the provincial PC nomination is tantamount to being elected in Grey-Bruce-Owen Sound, but "in the post-Bill Murdoch era there could be a shift within Grey-Bruce and how voters look at their politics," Sullivan said.

"Certainly I'm not comfortable riding on the coattails of his popularity . . . I do believe people in this area vote according to the person as much if not more so than the party."

"I do not intend to be like Bill," he added. "Bill is a very gregarious person and it's worked for Bill but I believe the next candidate needs to have their own style."

But that doesn't mean he will always toe the party line, Sullivan said.

"If there's an issue of local significance and there's a disagreement, I will certainly vocalize that both to the party and locally . . . I'm not afraid of those repercussions."

The other candidates for the Progressive Conservative nomination are Michael Schmidt, the Durham-area farmer best known as an advocate for raw milk, Mark Wunderlich, a real estate agent and local politician and Bill Walker, a Bruce Power employee who has a long track record as a volunteer and a staff member for a number of local causes.

Sullivan, who has been deputy-mayor in West Grey for four years, is running for mayor against incumbent Kevin Eccles and political newcomer Denise Dunkley.

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.c.....?e=2757538
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( there is now 1500 ontario pc party members in grey bruce owen sound )

Race swells local Tory ranks
News
By PAUL JANKOWSKI, SUN TIMES STAFF
Posted 1 day ago

Progressive Conservative party membership in Bruce- Grey-Owen Sound has swollen to a record number thanks to the candidates seeking to replace Bill Murdoch as the Tory standard- bearer in the next provincial election, Sam Luckhardt, the riding association president, said Monday.

There are now more than 1,500 members, up from the "200 and something" in the riding when the veteran MPP announced he would not be seeking another term at Queen's Park. Murdoch first ran for the PCs in the 1987 provincial election and has represented the area in the legislature since 1990.

"It was really amazing," Luckhardt said of the membership blitz as the candidates signed up supporters for the nomination election. "We are very, very pleased. I think it shows the enthusiasm of our members plus the importance of what we're doing here, picking a new PC candidate who will hopefully be the new MPP after the next election a year from now."

The riding executive knows how many memberships each candidate sold, but won't be releasing that information, he said.

"I don't think that's pertinent at this time. The candidates know how they did and that's the important part. I would think by releasing that you could be swaying some people."

The riding executive and the volunteers running the nomination election are remaining neutral, he said.

"It is an election and it's being run accordingly."

The new members come from throughout the riding and in numbers that surprised him, Luckhardt added.

"I didn't anticipate that many because, lets face it, there seems to be in all levels of government -- municipal, provincial, federal -- some cynicism sometimes towards voting . . . 50% turnout seems high in a lot of these elections and it's alarming, to my mind anyway, that we don't get more people out.

"So the way this turned out was pleasing for the executive. They're quite pleased with that. I think it says something not only for the Conservative riding association but for the importance of the upcoming election."

The nomination meeting is scheduled for Oct. 6 at the Tara Community Centre. To win, a candidate must get the votes of 50% plus one of members at the meeting.

Advertisement

Those eligible to vote -- people whose riding association memberships were taken out before 5 p.m. on Sept. 15 -- will chose a candidate by voting once using a preferential ballot, listing their first, second, third and fourth choices. If no one has a majority of first-place votes, the person with the lowest number will be dropped and his supporters' second choice numbers will be added to the votes of the remaining candidates until there's a winner.

Luckhardt said one of the reasons for the preferential ballot was to save time.

"We have people that will be coming from Tobermory, we'll have people coming from Dundalk and most people work for a living. It's trying to get the most people out and getting their vote to count."

Volunteers will start registering voters at 6 p.m. on Oct. 6, Luckhardt said. Those eligible to vote will be given wristbands. Starting about 7:30 p.m., each candidate will have 10 minutes to address the meeting "and they use that 10 minutes however they wish. Some might choose to have a nominator speak also," Luckhardt said.

After the speeches voters will trade their wristbands for a ballot.

"I would think approximately half the members will turn out (to vote), but there could be more, there could be less . . . We hope to accommodate everybody so it could be close to 10 o'clock before the voting is done. Then the counting will be done and we'll announce a winner that night.

"I don't think the counting will take that long but this is something new for this riding association. We haven't had a nomination meeting in 25 years," he said.

In the race are Michael Schmidt, the Durham-area farmer best known for his fight against the ban on selling raw milk in Ontario, Dan Sullivan, the deputy-mayor of West Grey and a former municipal clerk and chief administrative officer, Bill Walker, a Bruce Power employee who has worked as a volunteer and a staff member for a number of local causes, and Mark Wunderlich, a realtor and South Bruce Peninsula council member.

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.c.....?e=2766646
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( elizabeth witmer is running again in Kitchener waterloo )

MPP Elizabeth Witmer nominated as PC candidate for KWUpdated Wed. Sep. 22 2010 8:58 PM ET

MPP Elizabeth Witmer was acclaimed as the Progressive Conservative candidate for the Kitchener-Waterloo riding Tuesday night.

Witmer says she’s enjoyed serving as an MPP and wants to keep the job.

Provincial PC Leader Tim Hudak was also at the nomination announcement and praised Witmer’s work in the community.

On Tuesday's 11:30 p.m. newscast, we covered an anonymous email sent to CTV News about the nomination meeting.

The email made false claims regarding the nomination process for the riding.

CTV made extensive efforts to contact the author of the anonymous email, but no one responded to our requests.

It’s believed the email was a hoax.

http://www.southwesternontario.....hp?id=8188
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( another candidate in the race to take on dalton's HST mouth piece in Perth Wellington )

Mitchell man aims for local PC bid
Local
Jeff Marshall has always been interested in politics
By Andy Bader
Posted 23 hours ago

West Perth councillor Jeff Marshall has announced his candidacy for the Progressive Conservative nomination in Perth-Wellington.

"I want to go to Queen's Park to help tame out-of-control government spending, cut job-killing red tape and allow Perth-Wellington's rural and small urban municipalities to have their own say on what happens within their communities," he said in a press release.

Marshall, 39, lives in Mitchell with his young family. He was born in St. Marys, raised in the country and attended local schools.

In an interview, he said he's always been interested in politics, but seriously began thinking about taking a run at the riding nomination a few months ago.

"I got involved in politics pretty young, and it's something I've had in the back of my mind someday, and in the spring I started to thinking that it might as well be now," he said, adding he has a lot of respect for PC leader Tim Hudak.

The big issue for the immediate area is the Green Energy Act, he said, noting just because a large company wants to erect turbines in the rural area of southwestern Ontario doesn't mean they can "override any local government or communities' thoughts or opinions on it."

After receiving a BA from the University of Western Ontario, Marshall went to work in the agricultural industry for John Deere Canada and Alpha Laval Agri.

Marshall's provincial government experience includes working for the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Affairs and the Parliamentary Secretary to the Solicitor General. Following his work in government Marshall spent several years at CAA South Central Ontario, working with municipal governments on issues of infrastructure and transportation. He currently provides independent marketing analysis services.

As a councillor for Mitchell ward in West Perth, Marshall has served on the Police Services Board and water/wastewater committee. His community involvement includes work with Mitchell Minor Sports, Mitchell Minor Hockey and Habitat for Humanity's Mitchell build on the Friends Committee.

"It's going to be an interesting election if we get through the nomination," he said. "[Liberal] John [Wilkinson] is a senior cabinet minister, and a nice enough guy, but I really think this government needs to be changed so we'll try and give it a shot anyway."

The nomination for the party will be held Nov. 20 at the Listowel District Secondary School. At press time, the only other candidate attempting to seek the nod is Randy Pettapiece, of Elma.

http://www.mitchelladvocate.co.....?e=2778249
CanadianKid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa MacLeod will be acclaimed on October 6th.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( current mpp 's Lisa Mcleod - nominated in Nepean carleton
Christine Elliott in whitby - oshawa
Peter Shurman in Thornhill
Ernie Hardeman in oxford
John O'toole in durham
and the open grey bruce owen sound nomination went to Bill Walker , more to come on that one when some articles come out )

Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak Promises Change Ahead as MPP Lisa MacLeod is Acclaimed as Nepean-Carleton Candidate
Wednesday, October 6th, 2010

News

With just a year to go before the next provincial election, Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak promised change ahead when he spoke to an excited crowd of over 400 supporters of MPP Lisa MacLeod, the newly-acclaimed PC candidate in Nepean-Carleton.

Tim Hudak spoke about hard-working Ontario families who are struggling to pay for Dalton McGuinty’s tax grabs, costly energy experiments and bloated bureaucracy.

One year from today, Ontario families will have the opportunity to choose between an out of touch Dalton McGuinty who thinks families have an endless ability to pay for his mistakes, or Tim Hudak, who will provide hard-working families with real relief and a much-needed chance to catch up.

Quotes

“I want to thank Lisa for her hard work and leadership at Queen’s Park. Ever since she joined our caucus four years ago, Lisa MacLeod has been busy standing up for hard-working Ontario families.”
– Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak

“Ontario families deserve a change. An Ontario PC Government led by Tim Hudak will give families in Nepean-Carleton and throughout the province a much-needed break. Ontario can once again be the powerhouse of confederation.”
– Lisa MacLeod, MPP (Nepean-Carleton)

Quick Facts

In 2007, the voters of Nepean-Carleton returned Lisa MacLeod to Queen’s Park with the highest vote total of any PC candidate in Ontario, and any candidate in Eastern Ontario.
Today, the Ontario PC Caucus launched the “Have Your Say, Ontario” survey – the largest survey of its kind, to allow hard-working Ontario families to tell us what they think.
The URL is www.HaveYourSayOntario.ca
Five other Ontario PC candidates were nominated today, including: Ernie Hardeman, MPP (Oxford); John O’Toole, MPP (Durham); Christine Elliott, MPP (Whitby-Oshawa); Peter Shurman, MPP (Thornhill) and Bill Walker (Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound).
CanadianKid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New nomination candidate in Oakville.

http://www.robertkulik.ca/
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( new candidate needed in cambridge as longtime mpp Gerry Martiniuk not running again , likely be a pretty interesting nomination race there )

Statement by Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak on Retirement of Gerry Martiniuk, MPP
Thursday, October 14th, 2010

Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak today issued the following statement in relation to Ontario PC MPP Gerry Martiniuk’s announcement that he will not seek re-election in 2011.

“Today I would like to congratulate and thank my colleague, Gerry Martiniuk, for his 15 years of public service as the Ontario PC Member of Provincial Parliament for Cambridge.”

“First elected to this place in the Class of 1995, Gerry has worked tirelessly on behalf of his constituents ever since. In fact, we were neighbours on the fourth floor of the Legislature.”

“Faced with a severe shortage of family doctors, Gerry founded the Cambridge Doctor Recruitment Committee, and introduced a Bill to establish a yearly target for Ontario’s Patient-to-Doctor Ratio. And Gerry was instrumental in more than doubling the Cambridge Memorial Hospital’s operating budget from the time he first arrived here.”

“Gerry has made a difference for better health care in Cambridge, but he has also been a tireless advocate for safer streets and safer communities. As Parliamentary Assistant to the Attorney General and Co-Chair of the Ontario Crime Control Commission from 1997 to 2000, we now have tougher impaired driving laws.”

“Gerry was never one to pose for the cameras or raise his voice to opponents. Instead, his approach was to roll up his sleeves and get the job done.”

“On behalf of the Ontario PC Caucus and PC Party, we will miss your hard work and determination. We wish him and his family the best on his retirement from public life.”

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  

Jump to: