Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krackerjack121

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Canada Wins First Medal Reply with quote

Canada's First Medal

Good to get the first one out of the way. Now we just need to a Gold so we don't have to listen for too long about how Canadians have never won a Gold Medal on Canadian soil.

Rocky
905 Tory

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was nice but so razor edge close to a gold. She did very well and I am proud of her. That sport is really difficult.

Hopefully we can secure the gold tomorrow and get this thing rolling. More importantly, hopefully our Men's Hockey team can get a gold and really make these two weeks the most memorable from a sporting perspective. I discussed this with someone. Regardless of how many medals we win, if we can't win a gold in Men's hockey, our performance will be tarnished. Maybe that's just my unique opinion but it is our national religion.
krackerjack121

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a firm believer in what you just said. I think that if we only won one medal in Vancouver, but it was the Men's Hockey Gold the games would be considered a success by most people. If we won 50 medals but not the Hockey Gold they would be considered a tarnished games if not a failure. (not to down play other sports, but that is the reality as I see it)

GO TEAM CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!

Rocky
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If yesterday is any indication of how our Olympics are going to go for team Canada I can see a lot medals but overall a disappointing performance as we do not get what we came for. Silver against Russia in hockey will be disappointing but nothing to be ashamed of.

Thank god the Olympics are in Vancouver because if it was hosted in Quebec a silver medal finish against an American team will have our hockey team booed off the ice & old glory's national anthem booed with rioting in the streets to follow.
905 Tory

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about hockey is that the most talented team does not always win and many factors play into this. We are going to need some luck on our side as well since the Russians are just as good or better (in terms of talent) than us. Thank God its on home turf--or maybe not as our boys will feel pressured.

On another note, we won a bronze in the 3000m speed skating race today. The nice thing is that the Canadians who did compete in this are much better in other (1500m, etc.), so hopefully we are just scatching the surface with these medals.
krackerjack121

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet that the Canadian boys will feel alot of pressure, but hopefully that can motivate them to perform to there best. Only time will tell.

Rocky
krackerjack121

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Just won the first Gold of the games.

Canada's First Gold

Excellent.

Rocky
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time ever that a Canadian won a gold on Canadian soil!
905 Tory

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Jeremy Wotherspoon can redeem himself and win something today in the 500m speed skating race. That guy had so much hope and hype for the 2002 and fell. Then, in Torin, he came up short again. The man is about to retire (I think he hinted at it) and I hope he can legitimize his already amazing career.
Cyril_Sneer

Reputation: 5.2Reputation: 5.2Reputation: 5.2Reputation: 5.2Reputation: 5.2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Buffrey of Sun Media is reporting that the Australian Olympic team is thinking of contesting the results of the Men's Moguls Final.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/spo.....87446.html

I thought that the Australian skier looked like a sore loser on the podium, but I never imagined this.
905 Tory

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^The Australians are just cry babies. Begg-Smith is a sore loser and is the worst example of an Olympian and Canadian-born person (although he isn't Canadian anymore, apparently).
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donít think we have to worry about him losing his gold.
905 Tory

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
I donít think we have to worry about him losing his gold.

That's true and the thing is that even when Sale and Pelletier were awarded the gold due to a scandal in judging, the Russians kept their gold. Another thing is that it is near impossible for the cry baby to be awarded a gold medal unless there was a scandal unveiled in judging--which I doubt is the case after 2002.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contest our gold & we will contest your silver, I saw his performance & could not believed he ended up 2nd with that mediocre performance. So in my opinion Canada should have finished 1st & 3rd. :!:

Jump to: