Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krackerjack121

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am listening to the game on the fan network. The talking heads are saying that they figure it is sure thing now. I don't think that that is true. We need to keep pushing and winning.

They were saying it would be better if the Canadians won by only two goals. Well to that I have to say it is still 20 mins left. Keep pushing boys. Keep Pushing. Don't let up.

Rocky
905 Tory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game played by our boys earlier tonight. Its exciting to finally see them mesh as a team. I hope Slovakia beats Sweden, since I'd be more comfortable knowing Canada doesn't have to face Sweden. Don't get me wrong, Slovakia is no joke and should be taken seriously.

On another Olympic-related note, Canada is tied for most medals. It may not be the same as most medals but at least, if we do pull out with most golds, we can say that our anthem was played most often during the medals ceremonies. And don't forget, some European newspapers rank the countries by number of golds won.
905 Tory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great game, seeing shades of 2002 right now.. :D

First time we have beat Russia in the Olympics in a long long time. Feeling really good right now.

I just hope we meet the US in the Gold medal game. Not only would it be good for some revenge for the last game. But it would be amazing for the Game of Hockey in the US...
krackerjack121

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would you rather play Swedes or the Slovaks?

Rocky
JDot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krackerjack121 wrote:

Rocky

Swedes, then the US...
905 Tory

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krackerjack121 wrote:

Rocky

Beating Sweden would look great adding onto Canada defeating two fellow superpowers in the game of hockey back-to-back. However, I'd rather have Canada face Slovaks. They are dangerous too, but I am more comfortable and less scared of them. Sweden is just so smooth when they are red-hot.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Looks like I'm eating my words but it would seem I owe everyone on this board a beer. At the same time are we playing the Russian 'A' Team?
Doesn't matter, we are playing the team they sent to the Olympics.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDot wrote:
What a great game, seeing shades of 2002 right now.. :D

First time we have beat Russia in the Olympics in a long long time. Feeling really good right now.

I just hope we meet the US in the Gold medal game. Not only would it be good for some revenge for the last game. But it would be amazing for the Game of Hockey in the US...
I really think the Finns are going to be the gold medal opponent. They are playing shutdown hockey right now, with brick wall goaltending, and few mistakes. I think they are about to knock off the US, and we definitely have to be careful with Slovakia, they have after all, beat both the Russians, and now the defending gold medalists. They have some mojo going right now.

All the teams left are legitimate threats, and there are no more upsets. Everyone is the same seed now. I will admit though, Slovakia probably has the weakest goaltending of the teams that are left. Maybe not so much weak goaltending as simply unproven, and they really have only the one.

Luongo is the best in the world, so we have that going for us, and I think we are the only team that truly has 4 full lines, any line can be trusted in any situation. We have another game like we did against the Russians, and I like our chances. Also, our defense might be the best in the tournament.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

905 Tory wrote:

Beating Sweden would look great adding onto Canada defeating two fellow superpowers in the game of hockey back-to-back. However, I'd rather have Canada face Slovaks. They are dangerous too, but I am more comfortable and less scared of them. Sweden is just so smooth when they are red-hot.
But, if the Slovaks beat the Swedes, doesn't that, by definition, mean the Slovaks are more dangerous?
krackerjack121

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will be having a date to watch the Olympics on TV this Friday. GO CANADA GO!!

Rocky
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow a stunning turn of events, though I picked Slovakia most didn't. We are now down to Canada, Slovakia, Finland, & the United States. Most are picking a US vs Canada rematch of Salt Lake. To be honest I'm not afraid to face the US in the final because I know they are here only because of Ryan Miller. But I am hoping for Finland because frankly I don't want a Miracle on Ice II coming soon to our movie sets should we lose. Rate now there are two things to consider coming into the final:

US wants revenge from losing on home ice in 2002
Canada wants revenge from the Premilary round & the loss at the World Junior Championships

Now that our offense is alive & well I hope to see the US lose just as big as the Russians

BTW iI wonder if the Swiss is on the way up & with the confidence from their showing in Vancouver if that program can start looking for ways to compliment their defense by looking for ways to open up their offense.
krackerjack121

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
To be honest I'm not afraid to face the US in the final because I know they are here only because of Ryan Miller.

Let's not count our chickens before they hatched. We still have to beat Slovakia to get into the Gold Medal Game. I do think that it is possible, but they have been beating as big as teams as us this Olympics.

That being said. GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!

Rocky
905 Tory

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
But, if the Slovaks beat the Swedes, doesn't that, by definition, mean the Slovaks are more dangerous?

Not exactly. In an NHL playoff situation yes but this is a one-game, winner-takes all tournament. If you applied this to 2002, then Belarus was more dangerous than Sweden for Canada. Also, hockey math hasn't really been much of a factor in the last few Olympic hockey tourneys.

I want the US to beat Finland and Canada to beat Slovakia to make a rematch of last Sunday as well as 8 years ago...just this time, its our turn to deliver for our home crowd. I also think a US-Canada matchup for the finals makes for more exciting hockey since these two teams are so similar in their styles and strength. But its important to remember that the formula that Canada applied to Russia won't work against the US--unless Miller has a bad night and the American defense crumbles.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

905 Tory wrote:

But its important to remember that the formula that Canada applied to Russia won't work against the US--unless Miller has a bad night and the American defense crumbles.
You are wrong there. Putting 1000 puck on net will destroy ANY goalie.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: