Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Canadian Conservative Oasis Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Those of you who follow the BT main page may have noticed that I launched a conservative social network today (I've seen several of you become members there). It is called "Canadian Conservative Oasis". It is a place for conservatives to share events, images, videos, polls, news, etc.. Additionally, if any of you are tired of maintaining your own blog you can blog from this portal. It does have forums but they are a minor component and not the focus of the site (they are not meant to detract from these forums which will continue to be my primary focus).

Once you join you have a "MyPage" which tracks your actions (not unlike Facebook). You can add from a selection of over 250 applications. You can also create groups dedicated to your passion and interests (I created a Prolife group).

http://canadianconservatives.ning.com/

I hope to see you in there.

Craig

Last edited by Craig on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Daveeire

Reputation: 37.2Reputation: 37.2Reputation: 37.2Reputation: 37.2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your site looks good the few seconds that I can see it. It then freezes and then both your site and BT terminate with one error message.
chilipepper

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know there's a shakeup going on at NING, they will no longer be offering a free service.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Chilli. I wasn't aware of that. The endeavor didn't really pan out as I had hoped unfortunately so I guess I'll just let it die if NING starts charging.
chilipepper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, I should give you the link.

http://blog.ning.com/2010/04/a.....-ning.html

What about expanding this site, we certainly need more conservative places to talk about issues.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilipepper wrote:
You're welcome, I should give you the link.

http://blog.ning.com/2010/04/a.....-ning.html

What about expanding this site, we certainly need more conservative places to talk about issues.

Stephen tried to implement social networking here a couple of years ago and it never really caught on. I don't think social networking works in the political context. It works with friends and family but not really amongst people who have never met and just have politics in common. That's the conclusion I've drawn anyway.

I would like to expand this site but Stephen moved it to a different hosting company 1.5 years ago and hasn't given me access.
chilipepper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad. Social networking doesn't work at all for a discussion format, there'a huge site on Ning called zoomers.ca run by Moses Naimer. They just closed down the 50plus.com discussion forums directing everyone to zoomers but it's the pits, the format does not lend itself to debate.
orenda14

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just visited the site and signed on, looks interesting. Does anyone know of a similiar "liberal" site or does'nt iggie allow them to express themselves?
Just asking as I thinl a liberal or two has signed into this site, at least from some of the comments and I think turnabout is fair play.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orenda14 wrote:
Just visited the site and signed on, looks interesting. Does anyone know of a similiar "liberal" site or does'nt iggie allow them to express themselves?
Just asking as I thinl a liberal or two has signed into this site, at least from some of the comments and I think turnabout is fair play.

The site is dead. Ning decided to start charging money for the service so I moved it to wordpress. I'm kind of surprised that the site is still up actually.
chilipepper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the link for Word Press ?
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilipepper wrote:
What's the link for Word Press ?

It's just a blog - not a community.

http://canadianconservatives.wordpress.com/

Jump to: