Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
queenmandy85

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The evil lies not in the religion but in the psychopaths who use it for their own ends. All religions are involved. Hindu fundementalists, Islamic fundementalists, and Christians all have cadres of evil people. Protestants in Londonderry terrorizing the Catholic neighbourhoods under the guise of the B Specials. Catholics bombing Protestant pubs in Balfast, Hindus slaughtering Moslems, the Stern Gang killing arabs in Palistine, Moslems killing Isreali Jews. It is people who commit evil in the name of any religion.
Those who say the IRA is a political organization ignore the fact that religions are political movements. They are created by humans for humans to get power.
God doesn't care what you call yourself. God only cares if you love you enemy as well as your neighbour. Jesus would have advised Bush to turn the other cheek to bin Laden
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

queenmandy85 wrote:
The evil lies not in the religion but in the psychopaths who use it for their own ends. All religions are involved. Hindu fundementalists, Islamic fundementalists, and Christians all have cadres of evil people. Protestants in Londonderry terrorizing the Catholic neighbourhoods under the guise of the B Specials. Catholics bombing Protestant pubs in Balfast, Hindus slaughtering Moslems, the Stern Gang killing arabs in Palistine, Moslems killing Isreali Jews. It is people who commit evil in the name of any religion.
Those who say the IRA is a political organization ignore the fact that religions are political movements. They are created by humans for humans to get power.
God doesn't care what you call yourself. God only cares if you love you enemy as well as your neighbour. Jesus would have advised Bush to turn the other cheek to bin Laden

You're offering generalizations here...these other 'radicals' are not the same as Islamists - not in ideology - nor in agenda.

Of all the others that you have mentioned none of them have a global revolution underway...none of them see ALL others outside their camp as a threat - to be nullified...none of them are engaged in attacks with a goal to terrorizing the general population.

What you've wrote about Hindus and supposed attacks on Muslims in India has no regard to Islamic history in India - a history of subjugation and slaughter. You would do well to learn this history before making such comments.

No doubt radicals in any group are a bad thing but you cannot be dismissive of the 'universal' Islamist threat by making such comparisons...these other radicals however nasty they may be - they are not targeting the entire planet with some medieval agenda.
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

queenmandy85 wrote:
The evil lies not in the religion but in the psychopaths who use it for their own ends. All religions are involved.

I should have addressed this claim that you make - that I'm casting aspersions onto an entire faith because of the actions of some adherents...that is not what I'm doing.

However - as a student of faith i have put all holy books to the test as it were and I find nothing in the Koran to convince me that it's inspired. I further doubt it has any philosophical value either.

I do not accept that Muhammad is a prophet let alone the 'last word' prophet from God.

I do not accept the Koranic claims about God and its over-emphasis on God's 'otherness' and the close connection of a 'mediator' to 'fill the gap' with the devoted person.

I do not accept the historical revisionisms advanced in the Koran - examples being the Islamization of Abraham Moses and Jesus.

For me - I want the real deal - the real connection with God - if there is a true scriptural tradition that can be connected to God - then we can be sure that it should be able to stand up to some scrutiny. We shouldn't have to look over our shoulder as we are critical either.

About six years ago I recall going to a great number Muslim message boards and chat rooms to discuss comparative religion and when told that I was [at that time] following a Hindu faith - I was BANNED from them chats and message forums! :roll: Sadly I didn't find ANY tolerance for my beliefs...

Back to our topic...it is not singling out to discuss a faith from a critical point of view.

Are we supposed to all agree that all faiths are equal? They're not all existentially connected with the supreme...

Without going into a long discussion about faiths [not that i don't want to :wink:] - suffice it to say that an unbiased and scholarly approach to Islamic theology comes out with too many questions/concerns.

Islam is a faith practiced by over a billion souls and I'm sure that for most of them souls it's a good experience and they get 'some' reciprocation from God - if they are sincere about seeking God.

I also know from personal experience that a deep desire to know God - cannot become limited by being a part of a faith that doesn't have a dynamic connection to God...such people will seek God - until they find God. One has to figure out what God is.

Therein is the danger with misguided teachings - who wants to believe things that are untrue? Who wants to follow directions that will not take us to the desired destination?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: