Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thurmas

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are my predicitions: bombers over argos

als over esks

ticats over stamps

riders over lions

you gotta give the bombers more credit we dominated the ti-cats hunt looks great on our defense pierce is a great qb and if he goes down we have a capable backup in jyles, edwards is looking great and reid is one of the best rb's in the cfl and coach lapo is doing a great job!
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little late but..

Not really paying attention to the CFL. But I was watching NFL network Total Access, and they had CFL highlights and annouced that they where simulcasting CFL games. This was a few weeks ago, and I have heard nothing since. So today I went looking to see if it was true...

http://www.cfl.ca/article/cfl-.....fl-network

Quote:
Toronto -- The Canadian Football League and NFL have agreed to a new telecast deal for 2010, it was announced today. NFL Network will broadcast fourteen regular season CFL games starting with the season opener Thursday, July 1 at 7:00 PM ET featuring the Montreal Alouettes and Saskatchewan Roughriders in a rematch of last year's Grey Cup championship game.

This is awesome news IMHO. It was highlights to the game above when I heard about the deal. Really cool. NFL network is one of my favorite channels, and to see the highlights to the Sask/Mon. game at the end of Total Access was cool. Sadly no video online. But it was cool to see Rich, Jamie Dukes etc. comment on that game..

The more exposure for the CFL the better. All I have to say is, I have to get out to Sask for a game once in my life(Looks like a NFL crowd).

**Waits for July 29 - NE Patriots pre season start***
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 for 4 last week. Montreal is not looking strong, they had real trouble against a not so great Edmonton team. Hamilton is struggling early, and that is surprising. Winnipeg had a decent game, but you can't win them all, and I do not think Toronto is as weak as everyone is saying. Two games in is pretty early to be making any generalizations, but if Saskatchewan beats Calgary, and Winnipeg beats Montreal, it looks like they are the strong teams early.

Well, onto week three:
Toronto over Calgary. I have a feeling Toronto is being taken for granted right now.
Winnipeg over Hamilton. Nothing is going right for Hamilton right now.
BC over Montreal. Montreal got lucky in Edmonton. BC is a better team, and will be a true test.
Saskatchewan over Edmonton. At this point, Edmonton is struggling, and they have forgotten how to win.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDot wrote:
Little late but..

Not really paying attention to the CFL. But I was watching NFL network Total Access, and they had CFL highlights and annouced that they where simulcasting CFL games. This was a few weeks ago, and I have heard nothing since. So today I went looking to see if it was true...

http://www.cfl.ca/article/cfl-.....fl-network

Quote:
Toronto -- The Canadian Football League and NFL have agreed to a new telecast deal for 2010, it was announced today. NFL Network will broadcast fourteen regular season CFL games starting with the season opener Thursday, July 1 at 7:00 PM ET featuring the Montreal Alouettes and Saskatchewan Roughriders in a rematch of last year's Grey Cup championship game.

This is awesome news IMHO. It was highlights to the game above when I heard about the deal. Really cool. NFL network is one of my favorite channels, and to see the highlights to the Sask/Mon. game at the end of Total Access was cool. Sadly no video online. But it was cool to see Rich, Jamie Dukes etc. comment on that game..

The more exposure for the CFL the better. All I have to say is, I have to get out to Sask for a game once in my life(Looks like a NFL crowd).

**Waits for July 29 - NE Patriots pre season start***
For the football crazed, it will be nice to have some before the NFL season gets underway. A pass heavy attack, and huge field usually means there is a lot to hold interest in the game (unless you really love to see the run, then not so much).
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a feeling that Toronto's run as an "unofficial bye week" is now over. Lemon just might turn out to be a decent QB, we will have to see how he progresses. Decent is all they need in Toronto with that defense, just someone who takes care of the ball, and can reliably pass for around 150 yards per game. Definite confidence booster with two straight wins, and every QB needs confidence.

If Toronto continues to improve, they could get 5 more wins this season. The east actually looks like it will be competitive across the board this year; I do not think there will be a crossover. We will see what happens when Montreal gets back home, and plays some division games. Montreal vs. Winnipeg, and Montreal vs. Hamilton will pretty much tell you how the division is going to play out the rest of the season.
thurmas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the argos are winning more because of their defense than lemon but the guy doesn't turn over the ball which is good, they could win maybe 9 games this year which they need since the gong show they had the past 2 years. I didn't think the riders were this good or that the eskies were this bad.
orenda14

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: looking good Reply with quote

no predictions, Argos finally look like a pro football team, Ti Cats showed they still have claws after last nights game against Winnipeg, gotta love the CFL and I think this yeat it will be long into the season before we see a real leader, looking forward to a very competitive year.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 50% for week 3. Onto week 4.

Saskatchewan over Calgary.
Winnipeg over Edmonton. Both these teams NEED a win, it will be a barn burner. Edmonton will probably get a new coach if Edmonton loses.
BC over Toronto.
Hamilton over Montreal. Montreal is the team that everyone in the league is gunning for, and they are going to get clipped more than once this year.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Riders played really terribly, 1 for 4 for the week.

I think there are some personnel changes on the way in Edmonton. I just can't see they staying the course at this point. Toronto is not nearly as bad as everyone said they would be, in fact, they may even get a home playoff game if they keep winning.

Week 5.

If Toronto is going to beat Montreal, Cleo Lemon is going to have to start taking care of the ball. The Toronto defense is easily good enough, but the offense is turning it over too much. Montreal will take this one.
BC over Edmonton.
Saskatchewan over Hamilton.
Calgary over Winnipeg.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 games in, and there are some interesting trends. In the west, only Calgary and Saskatchewan have it together, with Edmonton and BC both generally tanking it. In the east, only Toronto and Montreal have winning records.

Some key divisional games next week, we will see if Winnipeg can get to 50%, and in the west, we will see if BC can put a game together against Calgary.

At the beginning of the year, did anyone think that it would Winnipeg or Hamilton having to win on the road in Toronto to get to the east final? Clearly, rumors of Toronto's demise were greatly exaggerated. Also equally clear, it is going to take a bit longer than one offseason to recover from the Mike Kelly tornado that ripped through Winnipeg.
thurmas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bombers though are far more entertaining this year and have much better depth at qb with buck and jyles.we would still be in the playoffs today and i think this team can beat anybody anyday we gave calgary a great fight with our backup qb and toronto barley beat us and we are only 5 games in.I still have doubt if toronto's defense can hold up and mask how average cleo lemon is and win games in spite of him.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurmas wrote:
the bombers though are far more entertaining this year and have much better depth at qb with buck and jyles.we would still be in the playoffs today and i think this team can beat anybody anyday we gave calgary a great fight with our backup qb and toronto barley beat us and we are only 5 games in.I still have doubt if toronto's defense can hold up and mask how average cleo lemon is and win games in spite of him.

Lemon has to start taking care of the ball in order to have a hope. But if he gets to no turnovers, and can keep the offense on the field for more than 20 minutes a game, they could win first in the east the way it looks right now.

Jyles is your starter. Even if Buck comes back, you would only get 2 or 3 more games out of him before another injury sidelined him. Lots of talent, but he is made of glass. Maybe QB factory will be another title to add to head coach factory in Saskatchewan. Heck, possibly even running back factory at this point.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, Hamilton is ahead of Winnipeg on tie breakers. Kind of an ugly game between Toronto and Edmonton, refs did a very poor job there. So far, the league is not as competitive as I thought it would be, with 4 teams having only 6 wins between them.

A few more losses, and I am pretty sure the Buono era comes to an end in BC. Not sure what Edmonton is going to do, but there are change son the way there too.

I think it will be the end of the Canadian air force in Saskatchewan pretty soon. I have a hunch that either Getzlaf or Bagg might be traded for a defensive player or two, or maybe an offensive lineman.

It will be interesting to see if anyone in the east can actually beat Montreal this year.

PS. Looks like this week is all divisional games. Toronto gets another crack at Montreal, should be interesting now that Lemon looks like he might be getting the hang of this game.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that Hamilton is going to win tonight, and that it will mark the beginning of their having it together for this season.

I will also pick Toronto over Montreal, and Edmonton over Calgary. Just because everyone has to lose sometime, and I think these teams might be getting a bit complacent right now.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think the season is basically over in Edmonton and BC. I cannot think of a team that could lose to Edmonton right now. BC is a bit better than that, but where do they get wins to try to climb out of the huge hole?

Toronto is flying high right now, but until someone in the east beats Montreal at home, it is all academic. To get to the Grey Cup out of the east, you have to beat Montreal at home.

Another loss or two, and Hamilton and Winnipeg will be in the same boat as Edmonton and BC. Right now, these teams have to prove that they can beat someone other than Winnipeg or Hamilton.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: