Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, that is exactly what people said when Kent Austin left, and when Ritchie Hall left, and when Maurice Lloyd left...

PS. To be clear, Saskatchewan has been doing things right organizationally. I do not think that scouting stops, and coaching stops, and contract negotiations stop, and you forget everything you learned the past 5 years just because you lose some people. I think they will keep doing a lot of things right regardless. It remains to be seen if they will be able to repeat as West champions.

Miller was definitely coach of the year in 2009, and I think he is going to be even better in 2010.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, seems the 2010 Riders roster is shaping up pretty well, especially offensively. I was particularly surprised that Hamilton would let Prechae Rodriguez go, but I guess you cannot keep everyone with a salary cap. I am looking forward to this season, and especially the whooping we will be putting on Winnipeg.

Again.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Insult to injury. Reply with quote

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Foot.....6-qmi.html

So, the Bombers had top go over the cap to get the results they had last season?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look slike home fields is not going to mean as much in Edmonton.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Foot.....1-qmi.html

No more natural turf anywhere in the CFL I think.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre.
Season.
Starts.
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!

The long wait for the greatest football on the planet is almost over!
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Pre.
Season.
Starts.
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!

The long wait for the greatest football on the planet is almost over!

What starts sunday?

What is this CFL you talk about?

Yes OTA's for the Patriots is going on this week and last. But what is this CFL you speak of.. :lol:

All kidding aside, it must be cool to be from out west where people support the CFL right. Being from Toronto, well I have not been into the CFL since Rocket Ismail was making waves(or getting beer bottles whipped at him in the grey cup).

And no, Pinball could not even keep my interest in the CFL . But I tell you if I lived out west where they really appreciate the game, I might pay attention..

But it is on kwlafayette I am going to follow the Argos this season. I just ask you help me out in understanding the CFL(as you know I am a NE Patriots NFL fan). So please post often on this season. Heads up on Games of the week and what not.

B/c I am going all in with the NFL on this site this year.. :lol:

Last edited by JDot on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
thurmas

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my bombers should improve after the mike kelly disaster of last year with a good caoch in paul lapolice and new qb's in buck pierce and stephen jyles. I think the stamps will really suck this year they lost so many good players and their great offensive cord. in george cortez and the argos have no talent at all this year.here is what i think the standings will be:
for the west
edmonton 12 and 6
bc 11 and 7
sask 10 and 8
calg 7 and 11

out east montreal 12 and 6
hamilton 10 and 8
winnipeg 9 and 9
toronto 5 and 13
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurmas wrote:
well my bombers should improve after the mike kelly disaster of last year with a good caoch in paul lapolice and new qb's in buck pierce and stephen jyles. I think the stamps will really suck this year they lost so many good players and their great offensive cord. in george cortez and the argos have no talent at all this year.here is what i think the standings will be:
for the west
edmonton 12 and 6
bc 11 and 7
sask 10 and 8
calg 7 and 11

hamilton 10 and 8
winnipeg 9 and 9
toronto 5 and 13

5 and 13 :shock:

Our we that bad?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurmas wrote:
for the west
edmonton 12 and 6
bc 11 and 7
sask 10 and 8
calg 7 and 11

hamilton 10 and 8
winnipeg 9 and 9
toronto 5 and 13

Buck won't last, he just can't stay healthy, unless Winnipeg does not allow even one hit on the guy. I wish we could have kept Jyles, but he will be your starter by about game 6, and you will like him. I am not sold on LaPolice, something about his play calling was maybe a bit too conservative once we had a lead. Always seemed to have trouble making the adjustments at the half with him calling the plays.

I am liking the Saskatchewan team this year. I do not think anyone will even score a point on us this year.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, did you like Jyles? I will never understand why Kelly fired Dinwiddie, but we have a quality backup guy, so our gain, your loss. With the general youth of the quarterbacking corps, don't know if Saskatchewan needs to keep 4 on the active roster. Then again, we have been a bit injury prone the last few years, so who knows.
thurmas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like pierce more he is a warrior like dunnigan, yes both of them got hurt alot but they are winners. jyles is a very good insurance policy but pierce is my number 1.as to dinwiddie you can have him, all i remember of him is his noodle arm and his deer in the headlights at grey cup where the sask db picked him off all night because he would only pass to stegall and no one else.you guys in saskabush now have all our bomber rejects in taman sining players on napkins, doug berry who will embarass your kickers on live tv ruining their confidence and dinwiddie with his beautiful eyes lol!
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierce may be a warrior, but I do not believe he has ever finished a season.

As for Berry, I think you are forgetting what he has done as an offensive coordinator. You will be reminded come labor day though. I know that Bomber fans like to think if they had their starter, they would have won in 2007, but the truth is, the difference between Dinwiddie and Glenn is one less pick at best. And as Dinwiddie is a young QB at the beginning of his career, he is only going to get better.

If it were not for the previous 2 years of coaching fiascoes in the Peg, you would know what a good QB you had lost in Dinwiddie.
thurmas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will have to agree to disagree my green friend good luck to ya and hopefully there is a round 2 in this year's grey cup between the bombers and riders to produce more agricultural armagedon!
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saskatchewan offense is clearly quite potent. You can tell there are a lot of new defensive players, but they will work the kinks out pretty quick. Noticed the difference with Berry right away at the half; the team made the adjustments. Last season, that was lacking under Lapolice, they always struggled after the half.

First week was pretty much as expected, West looks strong, East looks strong except for Toronto. Should be a good competitive year in the CFL. I think Hamilton is going to come out of the east, they have been steadily improving, they have kept their coach, and are developing talent within the organization. Montreal has allowed the team to get into a situation where they have only one QB, and that QB is in decline.

Toronto, obviously in a rebuilding phase. They recognize that though, and are rebuilding.

Don't know about Winnipeg, they have had no stability in the coaching staff the last few years. It seems unless they win the Grey Cup, they fire their coach right away. We will see where they stand in a few weeks, after a few road games.

It will be tough to get to 12 wins this year in the CFL.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, time to start making predictions.

Toronto over Winnipeg (ferocious defense may mean another concussion for Buck, and Toronto HAS to win home opener to keep the fans coming).
Hamilton over Calgary (home opening loss is going to be a big motivator).
Saskatchewan over BC (no home field advantage, or fake crowd noise in temporary outdoor digs).
Montreal over Edmonton (no natural turf in Edmonton, no home field advantage, plus Edmonton is looking very ordinary).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: