Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Who likes the idea of creating an online newspaper? Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly whether this would go in here, or in activism, but I'll leave it here for now.

I was wondering if we should consider putting together an online newspaper of sorts. We could put together and create an independent news site. We can easily use information gathered from other news agencies to create our own stories (news agencies do this all the time, and it is legal as long as you give credit to the original sources). We use information that we gather independently to create news stories as well.

This helps to give us a chance to combat the MSM when they leave out information or skew the stories. I've been considering attempting to do this for a while, but with Climategate, I think we don't have a choice in this. We need a conservative news source in Canada, and who better to start doing it than those who are the most upset by the liberal favouritism of the main stream media?
Swift

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!!!!!!
Forward

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fine idea.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone already invented them - they are called blogs.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blogs are great, but I'm talking about having an actual news site, not just an opinion piece. If we worked together to create this, we would be able to make a single Canadian news source that Canadians could actually count on, and not be spread all over the place like blogs.

We would be able to do our own columns in the news site, as well as link to our blogs. I think it would be worth it. I'm going to look through some scripts to see what I can find, but I think I could quite easily use an existing script and then modify it to create a news site.

Are there others here that would help?
Craig Smith

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoffer wrote:
The blogs are great, but I'm talking about having an actual news site, not just an opinion piece. If we worked together to create this, we would be able to make a single Canadian news source that Canadians could actually count on, and not be spread all over the place like blogs.

So we would hire journalists and editors across Canada and around the world to produce objective news? I'm not sure I follow.

There are many online news aggregators...

www.bourque.org
www.nationalnewswatch.com
www.canadiannewsreader.com

and countless others. To actually produce news (rather than commentary) requires a massive network of dedicated employees. It is precisely why even massive media companies like Canwest and CTV BUY their news from the Canadian Press, American Press, and Reuters. The production of news is extremely expensive and many huge organizations can't even afford to do it.

I appreciate your enthusiasm but realistically our best bet is to continue to highlight stories that suit our values and be critical of those that don't.
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something like this?

http://libertaspost.com/
Craig Smith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marklar wrote:
something like this?

http://libertaspost.com/

That isn't news either. It is commentary. "Columns" is just a fancy word for "Blogs".

Jump to: