Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Please remove "The Iceman" from the Blogging Torie Reply with quote

Unfortunately, "The Iceman" has seen fit to use insults when disagreeing with civil people. I asked him to stop, but he refused, and instead has continued.

He does not even have the Blogging Tories blog roll on his website.

Unfortunately, he launched personal attacks against me, and has refused to apologize. I will not link to him, and so am deleting the blog roll temporarily. Once "The Iceman" has been removed from Blogging Tories, or he publicly apologizes, I will resume the blog roll.

If he is not removed, I will discontinue the blog roll permanently. If this is an issue, I will voluntarily remove myself from the Blogging Tories community.

I do not tolerate insults.

And before anyone objects, there is a major difference between a deliberate and hateful insult, and a joke.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this thread is allowed but I would have to say that as Canadians we are not qualified to determine if Palin can ever hold the Presidentcy or not. It's our right to have our opinions but it's also not our right to put our noses where it doesn't belong. That decision is up to the Americans, if they vote for her then so be it. If Obama gets another term to ruin America then that's their choice. As Canadians our concerns lie with the party we vote for. And besides it's amazing how little Americans care about Canadian politics & yet how much we care about the American political climate. Isn't it time to focus more on Canada?
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting aside Iceman's lack of civility for a moment...

Things that happen in America have a direct effect on Canada. If their economy goes down, so does ours, with 30% of our economy directly dependent on America. If 30% of the economy crashes, the rest of the economy goes with it, guaranteed, which is why it is important that we keep an eye on what is going on in the USA, and if possible change opinions, both here and in America.
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Not sure if this thread is allowed but I would have to say that as Canadians we are not qualified to determine if Palin can ever hold the Presidentcy or not. It's our right to have our opinions but it's also not our right to put our noses where it doesn't belong. That decision is up to the Americans, if they vote for her then so be it. If Obama gets another term to ruin America then that's their choice. As Canadians our concerns lie with the party we vote for. And besides it's amazing how little Americans care about Canadian politics & yet how much we care about the American political climate. Isn't it time to focus more on Canada?

By the same logic we are not qualified to say if Charles Manson is qualified to be president > :-)
melwilde

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now, I stopped contributing for the same reasons some time ago. When a guy gets as old as I am it's not worth the hassle to put up withg those with narrow minds and poison pens.
I hopoe you young folks have more energy, can fight back!~
p.s. This is new as I am sending from the Cardiac ward of the kelowna GH. They are flying me to the coast tomorroe for heartr surgey. Who says the Blogging Tories doen't have a wide reach!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

melwilde wrote:
Well now, I stopped contributing for the same reasons some time ago. When a guy gets as old as I am it's not worth the hassle to put up withg those with narrow minds and poison pens.
I hopoe you young folks have more energy, can fight back!~
p.s. This is new as I am sending from the Cardiac ward of the kelowna GH. They are flying me to the coast tomorroe for heartr surgey. Who says the Blogging Tories doen't have a wide reach!

Good luck melwilde. I hope things go well for you.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about your dispute with the Iceman, but I always enjoy reading his blog as I do yours. That doesn't mean that I always agree with what is written by Blogging Tories or the way that it is written.
Roger Langille

Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free and open debate is the best thing for everyone

Are we not trying to bring more people to the Tory party?

If so we must have free and open debate, it should not matter if I or anyone else does not agree with anyone's statements, otherwise, there is no debate.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was once reflecting my opinion of Sarah Palin,
I thought writing it down would be smooth sailin'.
Perhaps I said some things that were not nice,
But since that's my style I did not think twice.

I ran into this Ragging Tory,
who was outraged by my story!
He began to vent his rage,
by posting comments on my page.

Things then began going south,
with his demand I shut my mouth.
A blogger who has no objection,
when Liberals receive my pretension.

I almost felt like I was in danger,
as he spouted off all that anger.
But no outrage does he utter,
when I praise Stephen Harper.

I feel as though it is my duty,
to promote my main man Rudy!
Some may not like this to transpire,
but I don't withhold my friendly fire.

I will write what I think,
even if it makes a stink!
That's why I will not say I'm sorry,
to that Jackass Raging Tory...

Get rid of Iceman. Now. He can't even tell the truth anymore. I've tried to reason with him, but he's throwing tantrums like a little boy who's mommy won't buy him a Popsicle.

Either he goes, or I go, simple as that. I tried being civil with him, and he spouts lies and insults. Either take him off of Blogging Tories, or me off of Blogging Tories. I don't care which. One of us goes.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuralandRight wrote:
It would be a shame to loose either of you.

I find it hard to feel sorry for losing a blogger that willfully lies for his own publicity.
Mike McB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read both the Iceman and the Raging Tory blogs and I have to tell you that I am considering not reading both of them.

This battle is extremely childish and quite frankly is an embarrassment to themselves as well as the blogging tories.

Please settle your differences in private.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Mike. I'm being childish because I was insulted over and over again, asked for a simple apology, and then insulted some more. That makes complete sense.[/sarcasm]

I would love to deal with this in private, but unfortunately, Iceman does not provide an email address, has not contacted me on my email address, and has refused to handle this like a grown up. When I try to reason with him, just insults me some more.

I can't associate with someone like that, which is why I am asking for his removal from the Blogging Tories. That is a perfectly legitimate and responsible request. If I were dealing with a group where the majority acted the way Iceman was acting, I would remove myself willingly. However, I don't think the majority act that way, instead preferring to settle their disagreements in private. I have yet to be able to find a way to do this with Iceman, as he refuse to have any form of civil discussion.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iceman has continued with his insults, despite my request for him to be civil.

http://pragmatictory.blogspot......palin.html
Quote:
Yes, Raging Tory alleges that I am throwing a fit because I do not support a Palin Presidency. If I am voted off the Island, I will just change teams. I would strongly advise the screeners in the Canadian Armed Forces to investigate Raging Tory as a possible loose cannon. I do not trust his temper. The guy is not all there, and he has been brainwashed by the lunatic fringe.

He continues to mislabel the dispute. I made it quite clear from the beginning that I had issue with him calling me and others "delusional". I at no point had issue with him for his belief that Sarah Palin would make a bad president. Now, he is publicly claiming that I am a loose cannon and a brainwashed member of the lunatic fringe. His insults, despite my attempts at civility, keep getting worse.

Because he refuses to apologize and stop acting juvenile, I will not associate with the Blogging Tories as long as they are associated with him. There are three possible solutions here, one which can very easily be accomplished.

1. He apologizes.
2. He is kicked from the Blogging Tories.
or
3. I leave the Blogging Tories.

I will not associate with anyone who behaves so juvenile, and I will not associate with anyone who associates with him.

I hope that rationality prevails and he simply makes a public apology, but I somehow doubt he will. Because that is the case, I hope rationality and the part of the Blogging Tories prevails, and he is removed from the Blogging Tories for how he as been acting.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, he seems to want to have a physical confrontation with me.

http://pragmatictory.blogspot......palin.html

Quote:
And I have a BC Security License, where my job is to keep people safe from harm. Raging Tory sets off my "spider sense".

Don't quit your day job... and if you want to wait for me out in the parking lot, I am a 260 pound former Offensive Lineman, captain of the football team, who also won a gold medal in weightlifting. I walk the streets with no fear.
Simeon Drakich

Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just kiss and make up already. Sheesh.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: