Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

langmann wrote:
I say if they aren't going to display the blog roll then toss both of them.

I agree. Unfortunately, Steve moved the site to a different server and doesn't seem willing to give me access.
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman doesn't display the blog roll regardless. I had it up while he didn't. If he were tossed for not displaying the blog roll, I would gladly put the blog roll back on.

But, unfortunately, I won't link to Iceman. It has nothing to do with his opinions, just his insults of me.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which he continues to do....

Quote:
And yes, I do see the irony in a dipshit who calls himself "Raging Tory" accusing me of anger management problems. Hey Hoff, you should start with the man in the mirror!
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, its getting increasingly difficult to ignore Iceman when he continues to post lies about me.

http://pragmatictory.blogspot......adler.html

As should be quite clear to anyone sane, my objections were to his insults, not his position, and yet he keeps lying, claiming that I attacked him over his opinion. Anyone who goes back and looks at his blog can quite easily note that my only objection was to this insult, not the opinion.

I don't know what's wrong with Iceman, but he's acting like a paranoid schizophrenic in this dispute.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, I am glad you liked my red bull comment ... I was trying to lighten things up a bit.

I will say it again, I like reading both the Raging Tory and The Iceman blogs.

You are both clearly Tories, although you two are clashing right now, The Blogging Tories is where you both belong, as you are both part of the wonderful spectrum of Right thinking Canadian minds.
dotconservative

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahahahaha. I just read the first page of this but, come on bro, you need to grow up. You're begging for an apology from a screen name? Are you five? Get it together, bud.

I think you should take a time out from the blogging world, go out a little bit, and see how little what "Iceman" posts about you matters.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuralandRight wrote:
Justin, I am glad you liked my red bull comment ... I was trying to lighten things up a bit.

You are both clearly Tories, although you two are clashing right now, The Blogging Tories is where you both belong, as you are both part of the wonderful spectrum of Right thinking Canadian minds.

You should try reading the past few posts of his blog. Almost every post, or one of his comments from his post, is him insulting or slandering me, or lying about me publicly.

Actually, if he keeps up the slander, I'll be passing off copies of the slander to my uncle, a lawyer, for review. If he thinks I have a case against "Iceman", we will will force Google to give up "Iceman's" service provider, force them to give up his name, and then sue him for slander and libel.

I've tried to drop this, and I have tried to be civil, but unfortunately, "Iceman" seems to think it is OK to insult and insinuate, and then move on to slander and libel.

Yes, I am seriously considering suing if his slander gets worse. For those of you who don't want to see this happen, I suggest you pressure him to stop.

I've tried to be civil, but "Iceman" is forcing my hand.

PS: I have returned the blog roll to my website, despite the link to Iceman. I want this to end, but Iceman, in numerous posts well after I simply tried to let it go, has continued to insult me and lie.
Mike McB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoffer wrote:
RuralandRight wrote:

You should try reading the past few posts of his blog. Almost every post, or one of his comments from his post, is him insulting or slandering me, or lying about me publicly.

Actually, if he keeps up the slander, I'll be passing off copies of the slander to my uncle, a lawyer, for review. If he thinks I have a case against "Iceman", we will will force Google to give up "Iceman's" service provider, force them to give up his name, and then sue him for slander and libel.

I've tried to drop this, and I have tried to be civil, but unfortunately, "Iceman" seems to think it is OK to insult and insinuate, and then move on to slander and libel.

Yes, I am seriously considering suing if his slander gets worse. For those of you who don't want to see this happen, I suggest you pressure him to stop.

I've tried to be civil, but "Iceman" is forcing my hand.

PS: I have returned the blog roll to my website, despite the link to Iceman. I want this to end, but Iceman, in numerous posts well after I simply tried to let it go, has continued to insult me and lie.

Well you are right. The Iceman has been doing it. I did see it accidentally when I went to read an article about Palin. Sure enough, comments about the Raging Tory. I immediately closed my browser window.

But what I must point out is that you are actually fueling the fire. The more you talk about this the worse it is going to get. I would guarantee you that the Iceman is reading the comments on this thread and it is aggravating him. He responds by going after you on his blog. A truly vicious circle.

I think you are both looking for people to choose sides in your battle and all this is really doing is irritating the common reader. Personally, I like your blog and I think that you are a good writer. I also read the Iceman's blog all the time because he is a good writer as well. If you want people to continue coming to your blog then I suggest that you both stop.. And that Craig delete this thread or at least lock it.

Lastly, stop talking about suing. It reminds me of a certain bloggers on the other side of the fence who like to sue. Lets not sink to their levels.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I have merely requested that disciplinary action be taken against a blogger that is a member of the same blogging organization as I am.

I asked for him to desist on numerous occasions. He won't even reply.

He keeps on making up more and more lies, and is bordering on slander.

I use my real name when I blog. My full name is Justin Michael Hoffer. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

I post this because I view it as cowardice to hide behind a false name on the internet.

If he continues and his posts do get to the point of slander and libel, I WILL clear my name through LEGAL ACTION. I have every right to do that.

I point out that he is keeping it up because I am sick of it. I have put the blog roll back up, despite his link being there. I have attempted to calmly explain what transpired, and Iceman continued to insult and insinuate.

Because of his borderline slander, I am now legitimately angry. Iceman has, unfortunately, gotten to the point where I will under no circumstances accept an apology. If his abuse of me and slander of my name continues, I will take legal action against him. That is my legal right, and his own fault.

And when Iceman said this:

Quote:
And I have a BC Security License, where my job is to keep people safe from harm. Raging Tory sets off my "spider sense".

Don't quit your day job... and if you want to wait for me out in the parking lot, I am a 260 pound former Offensive Lineman, captain of the football team, who also won a gold medal in weightlifting. I walk the streets with no fear.

I legitimately felt threatened. I had no intentions of making this dispute physical, and he seems to want to. This post can easily be construed as uttering threats, and should he continue to slander me, will be used against him.

As I've said, I've done my best to deal with this in a civil way, but Iceman has taken things to a whole new level, one that may very well be illegal.
Mike McB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Justin,

Just stop talking about it.. Trust me it will go away.

You are great blogger don't let things like this distract you.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that will be my last bit on the subject here in the forums. I'll say nothing else, here or on my blog. As long as Iceman doesn't cross the line and go into open slander and libel, this will be the end of it from me.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you allow another blogger to upset you with petty insults, you're giving him/her power which he/she doesn't deserve. At the end of the day, blogging and forums are not even words on the page; just images on the screen.

I don't have any control over the blog roll, nor can I ban or remove anyone from the BT Forums. I can close/delete/move threads and posts, yet I rarely do so. I strive to have folks voluntarily comply with fairly minimum guidelines of basic etiquette. For the most part, that works out fine. When someone arrives determined to stir the pot, they will succeed briefly but in the longer term, the civil nature of our regulars wins through and even if they're not banned, the trolls wander off.

-Mac
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
When you allow another blogger to upset you with petty insults

Exactly, this Iceman guy absolutely LOVES the fact that you are all worked up. It is EXACTLY what he wants. You may think you are punishing him by raising a fuss but I guarantee he loves knowing that he just has to toss a few insults your way whenever he feels like it and you will lose it.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile in reality land.......
dupmar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the following comment on Justin's website with respect to the controversy between himself and The Iceman, and it speaks towards the Iceman's mental balance

Justin,

I've given you a quite a few knocks myself on the Iceman's blog site for your uncritical adulation of US style Republicanism, the Palin-Beck campaign, but I must say you're not totally off in your characterization of the Iceman as somewhat deranged. For my own contribution, I'm being widely denounced far and wide by the Iceman, he who yesterday sought to jump on the Liberal bandwagon himself, as some kind of Liberal operative if not Liberal Party headquarters proper. Talk about paranoia and delusions.

Here's my response Iceman has not seen fit to allow on his blogsite.

"You're a bit of a nutcase yourself, Iceman, when you start accusing Conservative supporters of Liberal Party advocacy and of screwing around with your poll statistics."

"I posted a comment critical of The Hoff and his foolish adulation for the Palin campaign, and the tendency many in the Conservative camp make of identifying Canadian conservatism with US style Republicanism, of blurring the differences. Nowhere did I state that I support or advocate the policies of the Liberals."

"I did vote once, in your poll, and not in favour of Palin. Certainly not multiple times as you falsely claim. I'm not the one with identity problems, musing one day about perhaps how I should join the Liberal camp and the next day loudly proclaimimg " I hate Liberals" and falsely accusing Conservative supporters who left a comment on your blog of being Liberal operatives, if not Liberal Party central itself, and broadcasting the contributor's IP to the world."

"Give your own head a shake, there are definitely some screws loose, and I will be putting my own 2 cents worth in on the blogging tory discussion board about who deserves to stay on the blogroll."

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: