Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoarydragon

Reputation: 8.7Reputation: 8.7Reputation: 8.7Reputation: 8.7Reputation: 8.7Reputation: 8.7Reputation: 8.7Reputation: 8.7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin be the bigger man, let it go as vengeance is a killer.
Jana

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were up to me, I'd boot you both off the blogroll. Neither of you are mature enough to handle a blog without adult supervision. The childishness you've displayed over a non-issue - Sarah Palin, yea or nay - is simply embarrassing.
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this thread still here?

If I were a moderator I would have locked it by now.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joahob wrote:

Is that an offer?
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joahob wrote:
Why is this thread still here?

This is not CL, & we don't have iluvfreebeer here either. Anyways this thread is just a blip on the radar.
mr12387

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my take plain and simple.

A few months back I was verbally assaulted by a fellow poster. I blame myself partially because I didn't structure my argument properly; I let my guard down and he basically 'hit me right in the nuts'. The member was later banned for several reasons, but I was still a little peeved no one on the forum really stuck up for me. But then it hit me - it's just a forum. Forums and blogs, while very useful in their own right, are domains where people can easily say what they feel often with no consequences. And just as easy as it is to write something on the net, it should be equally easy to forget what's written. The anonymity and distance make it much harder for people to control their 'tongues'. That being said, I'm sure Raging and the Iceman are both very nice people in real life and the best way for anyone to show that they're the bigger man/woman is to ignore anyone they may think is acting unjust or childish.
langmann

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delusion = false fixed belief.

I personally think anyone who thinks Palin would be a good presidential candidate is delusional. I also thought the same thing about Obama.

However I am a Ron Paul supporter so imagine the amount of grieffers I attracted by supporting him. Want abuse? Become a Paulian.

Dudes grow up geez. You guys both sound like Warren Kinsella.

However Raging, you are seriously taking it to a whole lame level by bringing it here. The guy is never going to apologize. Most people seem to like both your blogs. Live with it that some guy who in your opinion is a lout, doesn't agree with you.
bsenka

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr12387 wrote:
Here's my take plain and simple.

A few months back I was verbally assaulted by a fellow poster. I blame myself partially because I didn't structure my argument properly; I let my guard down and he basically 'hit me right in the nuts'. The member was later banned for several reasons, but I was still a little peeved no one on the forum really stuck up for me. But then it hit me - it's just a forum. Forums and blogs, while very useful in their own right, are domains where people can easily say what they feel often with no consequences. And just as easy as it is to write something on the net, it should be equally easy to forget what's written. The anonymity and distance make it much harder for people to control their 'tongues'.

These things happen. Craig blew up at me a couple days ago based on a misinterpretation of what I actually said. The issue was personal with him, so there was little chance him being more rational if I started pushing back. Rather than flame it, I just moved on. What's the point in dragging it out?
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped talking a while ago.

This is now down to something rather simple.

I won't link to Iceman.

Iceman is in the blog roll, so I won't post the blog roll.

Iceman doesn't have the blog roll either, so I'm guessing it isn't much of an issue.

Oh well.

Wish I had a Red Bull...
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone aware or care how amateur and immature the clogging of the blog roll with your tiff is? If you both keep insisting that you will not accept comments from each other then STHU about it already.. I hardly think anyone else in the world cares if you two are not "talking".

Sheesh....and they say women are the irrational ones. :roll:

Edited for "spwelling" of course.

Last edited by crazymamma on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forward

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoffer wrote:

Wish I had a Red Bull...

Good choice, the little buggers are expensive but delicious.

Don't bring your arguements here anymore.

Ignore this Iceman. He's clearly a nut.

He says on his blog that he has an honors degree in Mathematics but then also says he has a BC security lisc and "protects people". (which basically means he's a security guard). Then he goes on to say he's 260 pounds and holds a gold medal in weightlifting.

Ooooookkkkaaayyyy :roll: A little hard to believe.

Then he states he "has a following" and basically warns The Blogging Tories "not to make an enemy of him". For some odd reason he apparently thinks he's important enought to warrant anybody CARING whether he's an enemy or not.

Then he posts his own comments on his own blog comment section --- WTF?
:?

Justin, some friendly advice? Drop the subject. Don't return to it and forget the guy exists.

If the guy hates Palin --- OK, SO?

Many people do -- many don't.----- whatever.

Last edited by Forward on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
Is anyone aware or care how armature and immature the clogging of the blog roll with your tiff is? If you both keep insisting that you will not accept comments from each other then STHU about it already.. I hardly think anyone else in the world cares if you two are not "talking".

Sheesh....and they say women are the irrational ones. :roll:

:P
Forward

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!! I just thought of something that terrifies me!!! :(

What if Iceman is telling the truth and he IS a 260 pound weightlifting mathematician who is pissed at the Blogging Tories?!?

He might hunt us down & smash us over the head with a 300 pound abacus!!!!

Run for your lives! :shock:
langmann

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say if they aren't going to display the blog roll then toss both of them.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsenka wrote:
When I used to moderate a very busy forum, I had one hard and fast rule: anyone who demands the expulsion of another member is the one who is going to get turfed first.

It's funny you mention that. About two years ago we had that happen and I did exactly that. I expelled the guy who asked us to remove another member. He then joined the Libblogs. The reason he wanted the guy expelled was because he was not conservative enough. And then the guy went and joined the Libblogs! It was hilarious. About a year later he asked if he could rejoin the Blogging Tories and we said no. I won't identify the person because they are still actively blogging and I've moved on. But very funny...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: