Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Finally some good news for Liberals... Reply with quote

Quote:
Abortions soar by a quarter among 14-year-olds

The number of 14-year-olds having abortions has soared by almost a quarter in two years.
Department of Health figures show that 166 girls of that age had terminations last year compared with 135 in 2006.

For 15-year-olds, the number was up 16 per cent over seven years.

The UK has one of the highest abortion rates in the western world with almost 200,000 terminations a year.

With all the low poll numbers I just thought I would lift the spirits of our Liberal "friends" with this heart warming story.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see how some radical feminist Liberal/NDPer with a dead soul could find that story very inspiring.
Libertas

votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that in the United Kingdom?
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it weren't for the fact that those are innocent children being murdered, I'd think this was a funny post.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoffer wrote:
If it weren't for the fact that those are innocent children being murdered, I'd think this was a funny post.

It wasn't meant to be a funny post.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libertas wrote:
Isn't that in the United Kingdom?

Children being killed in the name of "choice" makes liberals happy the world over.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it wasn't meant to be funny, Craig, sorry for implying that it was. I just mean that what liberals find to be good is amusing in a twisted way.
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you heard of the woman who was addicted to abortions? NP ran a story on her a while ago. Apparently she's had 15 abortions. Makes me sick.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replacement ration is 2.1, our birth rate is 1.4. And yet this country promotes pro choice, & the way our government promotes growth is through immigration. But if you ask the vast majority of Canadians they do not support massive immigration. Now you would think that a vastly under populated nation such as Canada would lean pro life. Now I wonder if abortion was not so prevalent in our nation what would the real birth rate be?

Or maybe Liberals have an agenda to control population growth, perhaps one day bringing in the "one child policy." And with all the failed marriages our nation is certainly not a moral role model for the world. So I have to assume that society is morally illogical.
lucamanfredi

Reputation: 41.3Reputation: 41.3Reputation: 41.3Reputation: 41.3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a break, that's a cheap swipe. Abortions don't make anyone happy, least of all Labour politicians in Britain who have to contend with utter failure in preventing teenage pregnancies. And that surge in numbers is DESPITE being pregnant and jobless at whatever age is the key to your brand new council flat on benefits.

A vastly under-populated nation like Canada has a high standard of living, which means bringing up a child is costlier than in rural Burundi. Precious few are on six-figure wages or have job security to infinity and beyond, are free of student/mortgage debt and can therefore afford a large family with all the happiness and expenses that come if you want your kids to enjoy a quality of life equal or better than yours. If one hopes that population will begin growing miraculously if abortions were made illegal is pretty wrong. The wealthy would go to the States, the middle class will use condoms while the destitute will clog the welfare systems or the offices of corrupt physicians. I don't see this as a rosy alternative to the reality of today. They both kinda stink.

the original post is a childish cheap shot undeserving of you Craig. I've seen your posts serve your intelligence and narrative much better than this. Sorry to be brutally condescending.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucamanfredi wrote:
A vastly under-populated nation like Canada has a high standard of living...

Canada is not vastly underpopulated... and is there a problem with having a high standard of living?

-Mac
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucamanfredi wrote:
Abortions don't make anyone happy

Guess you missed the story about Planned Parenthood asking its director to try to "up the number of abortions" because the poor economy was hurting business. Abortions make them happy. They also make selfish people more interested in partying than being responsible happy. If they didn't make people happy then I'm guessing there wouldn't have been more abortions in Russia last year than live births - unless Russians are masochistic.

Quote:
least of all Labour politicians in Britain who have to contend with utter failure in preventing teenage pregnancies

I guess I should have used a small "l" instead of a capital "L".

Quote:
A vastly under-populated nation like Canada has a high standard of living, which means bringing up a child is costlier than in rural Burundi. Precious few are on six-figure wages or have job security to infinity and beyond, are free of student/mortgage debt and can therefore afford a large family with all the happiness and expenses that come if you want your kids to enjoy a quality of life equal or better than yours. If one hopes that population will begin growing miraculously if abortions were made illegal is pretty wrong.

Killing babies is wrong regardless of the impact on a nation's standard of living.

Quote:
the original post is a childish cheap shot undeserving of you Craig. I've seen your posts serve your intelligence and narrative much better than this. Sorry to be brutally condescending.

I couldn't care less about the feelings of anyone who tolerates the murder of innocent children.
lucamanfredi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Guess you missed the story about Planned Parenthood asking its director to try to "up the number of abortions" because the poor economy was hurting business. Abortions make them happy. They also make selfish people more interested in partying than being responsible happy. If they didn't make people happy then I'm guessing there wouldn't have been more abortions in Russia last year than live births - unless Russians are masochistic.

The Planned parenthood story was indeed disturbing. Is it a wholly representative sample of the pro-choice camp? Hardly. By that standard Fred Phelps would be representative of Christianity. Whoever at Planned Parenthood even remotely suggested that should have his head rolling faster than he can say "choice".

Russia hasn't had a demographic increase since Czarist times. As a country it has been ravaged beyond repair by the twists and turns of history (and its own people). But let me put things into perspective. above 50% of Russia's property pool has no sewage system. It's outhouses. Rural centres with hardly a decent school, hospital or pharmacy. Contraception is rare. Jobs are even rarer. In the cities prices skyrocket, and access to contraception is still quite rarefied. Rape is rampant. Men have a lower life expectancy than in North Korea, families are routinely destroyed by drugs, alcoholism, sloppy healthcare, no safety at work, crumbling buildings and the lot. To assert that Russian women have abortions because it "makes them happy" is, for want of a stronger word, short-sighted.

Quote:
Killing babies is wrong

On that, dear colleague, you will always find me in agreement.

Quote:
I couldn't care less about the feelings of anyone who tolerates the murder of innocent children.

That's also why we can have a meaningful discussion. I think your argument is baloney and I know that me telling you so will not cause offence and get me hauled before an HRC.

P.S. Mac - I do understand Canada is not under-populated (unless one considers the North Pole to be suitable real estate development land). I was simply quoting a previous poster. Long live high standards of living. Particularly when thy are cheaper than standards of living in developed countries with lower happiness and HDI index scores (see: Italy, UK, et cetera).
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucamanfredi wrote:
P.S. Mac - I do understand Canada is not under-populated (unless one considers the North Pole to be suitable real estate development land). I was simply quoting a previous poster. Long live high standards of living. Particularly when thy are cheaper than standards of living in developed countries with lower happiness and HDI index scores (see: Italy, UK, et cetera).

Evidently this previous poster was on another thread?

-Mac
lucamanfredi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was quoting Hasdrubal.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: