Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: BelieveToAchieve.ca & Spider Jones Reply with quote

Sometimes, when I’m down, I phone Spider Jones www.spiderjones.com a radio talk show broadcaster and motivator for youth at schools.

Spider, whose birth name is Charles, but he prefers Chuck rather than Charles, and Spider rather than Chuck, takes me off me and my woes by sharing his experiences and choices.

Instead of reviewing his undulant past, when he was a gang-enforcer, thief, Rhythm & Blues singer, golden-gloves champion, I suggest you might read his autobiography “Out of the Darkness” (from which I wrote a screenplay). This much I’ll say, he bounced back from the tough street life, from all the punches physically and metaphorically. Spider was encouraged by Jackie, his supportive wife, to go back to school as a mature student (inn his thirties) to study his dream of radio broadcasting.

Regardless, of the fact, that he did time and cleaned up his act, he was reluctant to sit with much younger students. Fortunately, a teacher who saw him box said he was a fighter and would get back in the ring of education. “Stick-and-stay-and-make-it-pay.” He stuck it out and graduated with honours.

While working as a professional broadcaster and TV sports personality something haunted Spider; therefore, when he was given an opportunity to talk to high school students about education and trades he went for it. My man, Mr. Jones, loved seeing the looks on the youth and hearing them laugh or ask questions.

Today, teachers, counselors, and social workers line up to get him to come to their schools. His presentation is like a one-man Broadway show with humour and seriousness. He wants to help the kids to prevent them from falling through the cracks and end up with the harsh streets with knives and guns, which seems cool.

And through his charity, Believe To Achieve www.believetoachieve.ca he tries to raise funds so the schools do not have to pay, hence they can save money for other necessary requirements.

If you are a representative of a school and desire to have a terrific motivational speaker, one of the best in North America, who shares his life and choices and turn around, contact Spider Jones: spiderjones@rogers.com

Following are a few things what kids said about the Honourable Mr. Jones:

this guy is a very inspirational speaker, he went to my school today.’

‘hes comming to my school on wednesday cant wait ‘

‘Thanks man, I love Spider ‘

‘i love this man...he went 2 my school and changed many lives with his inspirational words...hes a real hero...westwood loves you spider.jones ‘

‘man this guy was so awesome, and inspirational too - he came to my school today and he was just awesome'

‘he came to Dante Aligary on March 03, 2008... lol awesome dude! good voice impression of people’

‘I strongly respect Spider Jones. And that's coming from Radar Da Hope’

‘he came to my skuwl today.....he is the sickest!!!’

‘he came to my school like 2 days ago and i asked what his sunday punch was so he brought up on stage and started boxing with me and it was weird’

‘he came to my school today.....my friend cried when he told us his story’

‘spider Jones is the best!'
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Something else about Spider's efforts Reply with quote

Just so you know, Spider Jones risks his life when he also faces the gangs and wannabes. But he says this is his pay back for several reasons. He truly wants to make the streest safer for all...

The PC party offered him the trade schools a few years back. Squinty McGuinty's clan cancelled it.

Recently Mrs. Smitherman said he would help him out. Really now?

My Man Mr. Jones is doing fine without the phony offers.

Jump to: