Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Historical Fiction from a Palestinian p.o.v. Reply with quote

Jane Fonda, Naomi Klein, Danny Glover, Noam Chomsky and all the signatories that boycotted the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), because of the story about Tel Aviv, ought to read "The Haj"... and make a movie, star in it as Wahhabi Palestinians.

Although it is an historical fiction novel it's more than believable, it's frightening, since the tragedies and crisis of Islam and the Muslim people, especially the interpreters, continue with the same hate. It will never end until they end their madness within.

Leon Uris, author of Topaz, Trinity, QB VII, Ohara's Choice and, Exodus -- which was made into a big movie starring Paul Newman, one of my favourite actors -- was an exceptional researcher of history. I admired him. And, though he was Jewish, he was quite fair in his construct and plot.

"The Haj" (Middle East historical fiction from a Palestinian p.o.v.) by Leon Uris

The narrator/protagonist Ishmael, the son of the Muktar of Tabah, a Wahhabi Palestinian, (a stringent sect, Saudi Arabians are Wahhabists) explained his life and plight from the start:

"So before I was nine I had learned the basic canon Thereof Arab life. It was me against my brother, me and my brother against my brother, me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world. And all of us against the infidel."

There are Five Pillars of Islam:

The first pillar is the Moslem's total submission...

...Most important to Moslems is the Sunna. Although the Sunna is not formally written down, it cannot be divorced from the Koran. It is an interpretation of the values of the Koran by experience and tradition. Those who believe in the Sunna are Sunni Moslems. Everyone in Tabah was a Sunni. The Sunnis make up most of the Islamic world...

...The Shi'ites believed that the caliph, the leader of Islam, should always be a descendant of Mohammed and Caliph Ali. They beat themselves with whips to prove their devotion and looked for martyrdom and did other crazy things. The Shi'ites often hated the Sunnis more than they hated the infidels. They always started riots. Palestine didn't have many Shi'ites, praise Allah, but there were plenty of them in Iran and they were hated, distrusted, and feared by us...

...The fifth and final pillar of Islam says that every Moslem must make the pilgrimage, or Haj, to mecca once in life...

...All Muslims realize they have no control over their own lives and destinies. Illness, death, drought, pestilence, earthquakes, any disasters must be fatalistically accepted as the will of Allah. Only by being a believer, accepting Mohammed's world, accepting Allah's will, can wee get into paradise. So life on this earth is really not to be enjoyed, but it merely makes us prove ourselves worthy of joining Mohammed forever in heaven...

What a treat. Hence, Sharia Law by the Wahhabis, the Taliban, and a few more wacko sects.

Not only are the Muslims still jealous of the Jews, the majority must hate themselves because Allah allowed the Jewish people to survive and surpass them in everything. Just check the now phony Nobel Prize awards to see who has won the most when it wasn't like the United Nations.

Furthermore, I boycott all the boycotters of Tel Aviv and Israel.

Jon Voight: Jane Fonda is misguided
http://www.nationalpost.com/ne.....id=1977605

West returns to pre-Sept. 11 thinking - Salim Mansur
http://www.winnipegsun.com/com.....1-sun.html

Time for Islam Q&A - Michael Coren
http://www.torontosun.com/comm.....6-sun.html

To Ban an Israeli Film - Alan M. Dershowitz
http://frontpagemag.com/readAr.....RTID=36219

Last edited by Edmund Onward James on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Boycott Jane Fonda, Naomi Klein, Danny Glover Reply with quote

What, no comments by the regulars or et al about foreign affairs and something that affects economy and Canadian culture. Surely you might add something like a gentleman from Morocco who converted to Islam but is against the Islamists that have premeated into academe, politics and Hollywood.

Solkhar said...

"Muktar of Tabah, a Wahhabi Palestinian, (a stringent sect, Saudi Arabians are Wahhabists) explained his life and plight from the start: "

Fact: Wahhabism is a minority of Muslims in Saudi Arabia, Salafism is about the same size.

Both being around 20 per cent, that makes 40 per cent which is for my part 40 per cent to large.

The increased concern is what 20 per cent of importance of the Saudis is 20 per cent? A number of important families are wahhabists but their influence has dropped. Included in those families were judges, clerics and very rich business men. OBL being one of them.

Wahhabists were out of the picture until the late 1970s but because of fears that a similar revolution will take control like in Iran, the then King made the huge mistake of giving-in to the demand to put Wahhabists into power.

Recently, the Wahhabists in the legal system and government were taken out, it will be harder to get them out of the mosques though.

Jump to: