Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Quicksave Canada Reply with quote

So this new place called Quicksave Canada has moved into the old House of Tools location. Anybody have any experience with this chain?
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of either of them. Must be a western Canada thing.
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette said

Quote:
So this new place called Quicksave Canada has moved into the old House of Tools location. Anybody have any experience with this chain?

What are you talking about?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retail stores.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.quicksavecanada.com/catalog/

Never heard of them. Interesting selection.

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it looks like the cheapest of the cheap in terms of the off brands they use. Never heard of them before the other day when I saw their sign up.
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Yeah, it looks like the cheapest of the cheap in terms of the off brands they use. Never heard of them before the other day when I saw their sign up.

Most of the brands were unfamiliar to me. I'm guessing Chinese production?

-Mac
FLASHLIGHTBOY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: QUICKSAVE CANADA Reply with quote

YES , they have been around for alittle while. they sell chinese stuff .. atvs .. dirt bikes. and other stuff from TIGER AUTOMOTIVE.. I sell better stuff.. you can see it on KIJIJI SASKATOON... OR GO TO THE WWW.ZSTAR.COM These are great atv's at less than 1/5 of the price of HONDAS .. and they are a knock off HONDA motor..
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: QUICKSAVE CANADA Reply with quote

I would be leary about buying tools from people that sell Chinese knockoffs. I have not dealt with them, but I have with a similar place. The first warning should have been that the instructions were bizzare, they looked like they were translated into English and French by software.

The tools look good until you use them...then..oh well...
FLASHLIGHTBOY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: CHINESE STUFF Reply with quote

when you look at the Chinese stuff and see the big different in the price ... EG.. 1/2 - 1/3 the price.. you know it is not going to be the same ... use your head... it is liek SNAP ON TOOLS and CTC or SEAR TOOLS... they arfe good enough for most people to use.. except for those who have to show off and have the best... even if they do not know what to do with them .. or ready can not afford the expensive stuff but want to look good .. ( Those are the ones who are up to the ears on the credit cards) the chinese stuff is good enough for an entry level market.. and now a days most of the compays are switching their products over to the Chinese parts.. MTD moved out of CANADA to serve the USA market.. Briggs & Stratton are going to use the Chinese knockoff Honda motors.. why but a $1000.00 Honda Snow blower to sit for 7-9 months of the year.. when you can buy the same thing for $650.00 ??? I buy CHINESE anyday ... it is my money.. and I have to stretch it as far as I can... and if I have to stretch it to China.. then pull it hard......
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Blogging Tories forums, FLASHLIGHTBOY... I know there's a story behind that name!!

As far as purchasing cheaper tools versus quality tools, here's a slightly different theory than your "showing off" theory... which I don't disagree with, by the way. Some folks use their tools. Others own tools to impress their friends.

It's better to pay a bit more for a tool which exceeds your requirement than it is to pay less for a tool which barely meets your requirement. The better quality tool will typically perform better, are dependable and last longer. You'll notice I didn't say more expensive? I said better quality. The poorer quality tool might meet the requirement of your current job but be insufficient for the next job... or will fail and require replacement... If you count your time worth anything (and I do!), then running to the store to buy more cheap tools costs you more than buying the better tool the first time.

That being said, I know a guy who does contracting work that buys the cheapest tools he can lay his hands onto and figures he's "won" if he finishes a job before the tools becomes inoperable. He builds the cost of tools into his estimates. Is he wrong? Hard to say...

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, stretching your dollars all the way to China. The thing that people do not think through is, if nobody buys anything locally, how long will your job last? How long would it take the local gas station to close after all the local retailers laid off their employees and closed their doors? How long before the restaurants shut down, because all those people who used to work donwtown and go out for lunch every day simply are not there?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Welcome to the Blogging Tories forums, FLASHLIGHTBOY... I know there's a story behind that name!!

As far as purchasing cheaper tools versus quality tools, here's a slightly different theory than your "showing off" theory... which I don't disagree with, by the way. Some folks use their tools. Others own tools to impress their friends.

It's better to pay a bit more for a tool which exceeds your requirement than it is to pay less for a tool which barely meets your requirement. The better quality tool will typically perform better, are dependable and last longer. You'll notice I didn't say more expensive? I said better quality. The poorer quality tool might meet the requirement of your current job but be insufficient for the next job... or will fail and require replacement... If you count your time worth anything (and I do!), then running to the store to buy more cheap tools costs you more than buying the better tool the first time.

That being said, I know a guy who does contracting work that buys the cheapest tools he can lay his hands onto and figures he's "won" if he finishes a job before the tools becomes inoperable. He builds the cost of tools into his estimates. Is he wrong? Hard to say...

-Mac
I have actually seen my Dad buy three of the same cheap tool in the same week, as they kept breaking. I myself fell into the cheap tool trap once; said cheap tool broke on about second or third try. With tools, you always, ALWAYS, get what you pay for.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's something that I need quickly, and will maybe use once or twice, and the job's not important ... maybe I'll look at dirt cheap tools. Anything that I know I'm going to be using a lot, or on important jobs, or where quality machining makes a difference, I buy good tools - and I don't really care where they're from.
austinbloomy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Quick Save Canada Reply with quote

I've actually been in that store, they have some decent equipment, and the warranty isnt too bad either. If you can find me another store like them that sells chinise, good quality stuff, with a full year warranty, let me know. Because as far as I know there isnt one, till then I'm sticking with Quick Save stuff, its cheep, and it works. Enough said.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: