Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Salim describes Arabs and Islam as it is – not the myths Reply with quote

Political Science Professor and Sun Media Commentator, Salim Mansur, is on a journey in North Africa and reports and comments on what he sees and hears. Things are not good for the public, especially the youth. Yet so many academics think otherwise, and too often point their fingers at Israel and the West for the problems. They fault colonization, too, anything but themselves, the despots, clerics and lack of modernity.

As far as I am concerned, the colonialists improved the living conditions and standards, when they had a strong say.

What amazes me is that foolish or naive people in Europe, North America, and other parts of the world convert to Islam. Regardless, the main language and reading in the world is English that has far surpassed Persian and Arab languages.

I believe atheism and common sense will also surpass Islam or already have. The Judaeo-Christian religions still have vast amount of followers equal to Islam or more. Correct me if I am wrong.

The major growth of Islam is a result of procreation amongst Muslims. The majority are still not happy and are brainwashed that the Golden Years are returning or that it will be better in their definition of heaven.

An aside: I happened to find a copy of "The Haj" by Leon Uris (published in 1984) a fiction with historical facts about an Arab-Palestinian and a Shomer Jew from approximately 1920 to 1944 an onward. I found this dialogue, by the character Ishmael born in Palestine during the riots of 1936, describes the Arab-Muslim world yesterday and today. "So before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of the Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world. And all of us against the infidel."

The myths and realities continue…

The Casbah of old Algiers
http://www.torontosun.com/comm.....1-sun.html

And how about the Alexandrine Libraries of ancient times that the Muslims burnt down the second time because the written words did not come from allah.

Sleepwalking through a minefield
http://www.torontosun.com/comm.....6-sun.html
The lack of democracy across the Arab world means culture functioning without accountability.

Last edited by Edmund Onward James on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
paisley_cross

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Judaeo-Christian religions still have vast amount of followers equal to Islam or more. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think about 30-40% more people - at least nominally. But in the West Christianity has lost a considerable amount of influence over the last few decades. And Muslims are far more aggressive in pursuing their legal rights.
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the input. The Muslims are activists. But would they accept Same-Sex Marriage if there was a referendum?

Jump to: