Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Alberta PC Leadership Candidate Do You Want to Win?
Alana DeLong
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jim Dinning
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Victor Doerksen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dave Hancock
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gary McPherson
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ted Morton
60%
 60%  [ 17 ]
Mark Norris
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Lyle Oberg
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Ed Stelmach
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

CC Scott

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Alberta PC Leadership Race Reply with quote

Hey there, I was just curious as to which Alberta PC leadership candidate you want to win the race? Also, what are your thoughts about the whole undertaking or the declared candidates.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone but Dinning. I just moved to Alberta recently and I'm not familiar with all of these folks. I'd say Ted Morton at this point but I need to learn more about the others.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Ted Morton to win out in this poll, as he's ideologically the most conservative of the bunch. I even think he'd do well in an election. Unfortunately, I think the PCs have absorbed too many centrist opportunists over the years to allow for a Morton victory - I suspect we'll get stuck with Dinning.

I wish Mr Manning would reconsider...

Last edited by FF_Canuck on Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Morton is my choice. If doughboy Dinning gets in, my vote is going Alliance next election.
CC Scott

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops I forgot to say whom I want to win. Seeing as I'm working on the Morton campaign I'm obviously routing for him. Dinning is too liberal for me.
LIttle Lulu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like Mark Norris. His ideas are very down to earth. I heard him address a crowd a while ago and he is an excellent speaker. He has made some pretty sensible proposals about a more managable Northern development and a Northern Ministry. These are proposals he had already made as Economic development Minister - so he was ahead of the curve on that problem. Jim Dinning seems rehearsed and phoney - from the school of Don Getty and I would really hae to see some of those old boys get back into the backrooms here. It took a while for Ralph to clean house. Dinning was nancy McBeth's campaign manager against Ralph in 1993. Thank God for all of us that Ralph won . Mark Norris then beat Nancy in her own riding as MLA when she was Liberal leader. Nancy, Dinning and their whole old boy bunch are definately more Liberal than Conservative -
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard Liberal supporters say Morton is scary. That is good enough for me!
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
I have heard Liberal supporters say Morton is scary. That is good enough for me!

Excellent! I love to hear that, so now I know who to vote for. For me, it should be anyone but Oberg. I live in that turncoats riding. What he did to Klein, the Party, and the people was wrong. You don't make threats to try and force a democratically elected leader out of office. That's just plain wrong.

Also, is it just me, or does this whole leader changing thing bug you as well? Isnít this the same thing we complained about with the federal liberal party when they coronated Paul Martin to power?? I feel that if we are having a leadership change, we should also have an election change. I know for certain that I voted for Klein, not Oberg.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true that Ted Morton was an anti-Vietnam crusader?
Ardvark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a member of the anyone but Dinning club as well, as the similarities to Paul Martin and his coronation as party leader scare the crap out of me.

Al
Currently undecided
CC Scott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Is it true that Ted Morton was an anti-Vietnam crusader?

Yes, he was involved with the anti-Vietnam movement when he was in university in the States. But that was around thirty years ago, and his politics have done an about-face since then.
CC Scott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does everyone think of the fact that some of the unions in Alberta are now becoming involved in the race by buying memberships for their members and endorsing specific candidates, mostly Lyle Oberg at this point. Provincial and federal Liberals are also joining the party in hopes of affecting the leadership outcome.
Knave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC Scott wrote:
What does everyone think of the fact that some of the unions in Alberta are now becoming involved in the race by buying memberships for their members and endorsing specific candidates, mostly Lyle Oberg at this point. Provincial and federal Liberals are also joining the party in hopes of affecting the leadership outcome.

Some have lamented this very thing; that the fact that the PC 'tent' is getting pretty crowded is a sure sign that Alberta is indeed a one-party state.

And the Alliance have thrown their lot into the PC race, too; Paul Hinman recently told his membership to buy memberships in the Progressive Conservatives to support Morton.

Former leader Randy is, supposedly, pretty furious, but I figure that the Alliance brass see the writing on the wall.. that if they don't step in and actually encourage their membership to participate, then their members may leave for the PCs - for good - and not bother to come back, regardless of the outcome.
CC Scott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so mad about the Alliance since it could become a chance for the Right to become united once again in Alberta. The PC Party has become too much of a bloated tent encompassing both the right and left sides of the spectrum. I would think that this would likely change if Morton became leader.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for Morton - But I would have prefered Manning :)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: