Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forward

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Outflanking Liberal news. Reply with quote

Here is a posting in the comments section of Small Dead Animals in the latest installment of their terrific "Not Waiting For The Asteroid" series.
http://www.smalldeadanimals.co.....11939.html

A commenter named "John" said
Quote:
Is there anyone who can start a Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity in Canada?
Can someone from Fox News start something here?
Please - we need that kind of informational TV.
I can't handle the Canadian "stuff" anymore.
Willing to pay more.

Posted by: John at August 4, 2009 11:58 PM

My response was
Quote:
It's a great idea but I don't trust CBC CTV or Global to even give it a fair chance.

Although I think a video SDA web cast is an idea whos time has come!

I encourage or another blogger to take the next step & begin video casts. The useless Canadian networks obviously won't give conservatives a fair shake so to hell with them.

I'm CERTAIN they would get a following and advertisers. I would hope it would be SDA. Let's move that asteroid a little faster hmm?
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but how serious are they going to take a blogger? Plus, I'd rather not get sued...
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Outflanking Liberal news. Reply with quote

Forward wrote:
Here is a posting in the comments section of Small Dead Animals in the latest installment of their terrific "Not Waiting For The Asteroid" series.
http://www.smalldeadanimals.co.....11939.html

A commenter named "John" said
Quote:
Is there anyone who can start a Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity in Canada?
Can someone from Fox News start something here?
Please - we need that kind of informational TV.
I can't handle the Canadian "stuff" anymore.
Willing to pay more.

Posted by: John at August 4, 2009 11:58 PM

My response was
Quote:
It's a great idea but I don't trust CBC CTV or Global to even give it a fair chance.

Although I think a video SDA web cast is an idea whos time has come!

I encourage or another blogger to take the next step & begin video casts. The useless Canadian networks obviously won't give conservatives a fair shake so to hell with them.

I'm CERTAIN they would get a following and advertisers. I would hope it would be SDA. Let's move that asteroid a little faster hmm?

I am sure there is a market for conservative television in Canada - look at the National Post of old. I don't really think going on the internet and watching a clip of a blogger reading an opinion from his basement is an option though. I am really not a fan of choppy slow to load internet video anyway.

I think you would need to be a certain size before this sort of thing caught on, but to reach that size, you would need to have caught on already.

You best bet might be to start like Oprah did. Community access TV in a big city. You could then stream then results onto the net. That would give you access to a more professional video system, a stage, etc. You would also have a loyal audience that could flick on the TV and watch, rather than wait for something to download. You would also be able to have a group of people working on it. You might attract volunteers from schools with broadcast programs looking to spice up their resume.
You might even be able to get a couple volunteer reporters to do the occasional bit.
(as an added bonus, many sports teams don't deeply check reporters credentials - free access to Leafs games!)
DavidK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media in Canada: "If it aint true, well...who cares?"

THis is getting really sad, I'll tell ya. I could see people upset about Liberal/Conservative biased news agencies and reporters, but when you start total lies about what public officials do and say - that's really crossing the line! First the PM, now Senator Duffy, who is next?
Craig Smith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Global or CTV picked up Michael Coren in a decent time slot that would be a step in the right direction.

Maybe we need to start a petition....
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Smith wrote:
If Global or CTV picked up Michael Coren in a decent time slot that would be a step in the right direction.

I second that motion ... The Michael Coren Show is the only show that i regularly tune into !!!
It is one of the only Canadian shows that discusses current affairs in a balanced way, with views from all sides of the political spectrum.

Incidentally the time slot of the Michael Coren Show is changing for 8:00 PM to 6:00 PM Weekdays on CTS effective August 31, 2009. http://michaelcoren.com/

And great archive of Coren Shows here and here

As for a Conservative channel in Canada, I think it is long long over due, we need some balance to our generally left wing Canadian news media. ... I can almost hear the left-bots screaming now :mrgreen:
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanWest should partner up with Murdoch and form a conservative media outlet. I would like to see Charles Adler with a show.
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Smith wrote:

I think if more people watched him, he would be in a better slot and the television networks would put on more Conservative stuff.

On that point- those polled for Neilson ratings or whatever should try to figure out the more conservative stuff on the dial and put down that they watch it. That way, more advertisers more profit and more desire for more conservative programming.
Craig Smith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiscalconservative wrote:
Craig Smith wrote:

I think if more people watched him, he would be in a better slot and the television networks would put on more Conservative stuff.

You have limited ratings potential when you are on the Christian Television Network. Put him mainstream in prime time and he will get ratings - heck they gave Ralph Benmurgui a show!!!
fiscalconservative

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Smith wrote:
Craig Smith wrote:

You have limited ratings potential when you are on the Christian Television Network. Put him mainstream in prime time and he will get ratings - heck they gave Ralph Benmurgui a show!!!

Too bad Mike Duffy is not available. He has got the cred to get his own show. I think he is wasted in the Senate.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad Mike Duffy is not available. He has got the cred to get his own show. I think he is wasted in the Senate.

Anyone notice how the outrage about PMSH filling the vacant Senate seats disappeared quickly and quietly?

I'm not sure Duffy is wasted in the Senate but I'm ambivalent about journalists receiving political appointments.

-Mac
DavidK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:

Anyone notice how the outrage about PMSH filling the vacant Senate seats disappeared quickly and quietly?

I'm not sure Duffy is wasted in the Senate but I'm ambivalent about journalists receiving political appointments.

-Mac

Fair enough, I guess it can be a sticky situation. That said look at the Conservatives in Canadian journalism of recent. Mike Duffy, Peter Kent... Leslie Roberts was at the OPC Leadership convention by himself, I donít know if that means anything. But either way, I think as far as news media, itís all controlled by producers and editors anyway a lot more than the reporter and anchors themselves.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
Fair enough, I guess it can be a sticky situation. That said look at the Conservatives in Canadian journalism of recent. Mike Duffy, Peter Kent... Leslie Roberts was at the OPC Leadership convention by himself, I donít know if that means anything. But either way, I think as far as news media, itís all controlled by producers and editors anyway a lot more than the reporter and anchors themselves.

The producers and editors exert some control (witness the Wafer-gate debacle) but journalists are still at the pointy end of the stick.

-Mac

Jump to: