Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teenagetory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well vista runs well for me, and if you want an example of the free market at work just look at the prices of a Mac and an equivalent PC. There's a reason why PC's are have the low prices that they do and its competition. Unlike a Mac which is generally overpiced so it can be marketed to hipster, and ditzy left wing trust fund babies who protest against the corporations like the one that made their daddy rich. :P

So as one of my friends says. "You can kiss my beautiful, perfectly sculpted ass"
:D

Of course I say this probably as much out of jealously as anything else because I would buy a Mac is I could afford one. :P
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teenagetory wrote:
Well vista runs well for me, and if you want an example of the free market at work just look at the prices of a Mac and an equivalent PC. There's a reason why PC's are have the low prices that they do and its competition. Unlike a Mac which is generally overpiced so it can be marketed to hipster, and ditzy left wing trust fund babies who protest against the corporations like the one that made their daddy rich. :P

So as one of my friends says. "You can kiss my beautiful, perfectly sculpted ass"
:D

Of course I say this probably as much out of jealously as anything else because I would buy a Mac is I could afford one. :P

I hear that. And I haven't had any problems with Vista, and I've used it for over a year. Now, Dell - Don't get me started on those crooks. And yeah, if I had over 1k-2k to put on a computer, I'd get a Mac too, along with keeping a PC.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had any issues with my Vista PC - but then, I'm run it on an HP laptop. Brand names seem to have less issues with compatitbility in general. I've had no crashes in the 2+ years I've had it, actually.

Macs are okay. I tend to view them as serving a niche market - I think they're better for developing and viewing multimedia, but they can't compete with the broader utility of a PC.

Security problems have more to do with the relative success of the two lines - PCs have a much, much bigger presence in homes and buisiness, so hackers and their ilk focus a great deal more on them. People who start out using Macs tend also not to develop those kind of skills, because so much of what is going on in MacOS is concealed from the user. YMMV...
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason I went to Apple computers was frustration with PCs but that was back in the 90s. I use PCs at work all the time but for home, I'm staying with Apple. I'm on my fourth Apple since 1994.

I bought the first one used from a friend. It gave me great service for 5 years and was still working when I bought my second one (also used). I gave the first one back to the guy who sold it to me. The second one didn't last quite as long; only four years. It only read CDs and didn't have a burner so I decided to buy a new computer in 2003. My wife is using that 3rd computer. In 2008, I bought a new iMac and it's given me great service so far! So fast!!

So far, I've yet to have a Mac die on me. No "blue screen of death" or frozen processing. No viruses. No malware. No trojans. Great graphics and easy to use. Yeah, it's a touch more expensive but well worth it! The only downside is I can't process .exe files without "dual-booting" into PC mode and I've yet to find a program so important that I wanted to bother.

-Mac
Kerry Forrest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have lived to try this, but the site says the link has expired sadly.

I read the Capitalist Manifesto recently, so I'm very much of a capitalist based on some very convincing arguments.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
I've never had any issues with my Vista PC - but then, I'm run it on an HP laptop. Brand names seem to have less issues with compatitbility in general. I've had no crashes in the 2+ years I've had it, actually.

Then you sir have been quite fortunate enough not to have your HP develop problems. Let me see I have an HP that has encountered the blue screen of death on several occasions, a hangup after the update on the Vista SP1 update resulting in the erasing of IIS7; therefore not having the ability to install Web Developer, several reinstalls of Windows, loss of key activations for my GIS, & most recetly in the past two weeks the destruction of my profile as a result of the great clicking sound of the death of my hard drive. Within the next year I'm planning on getting a laptop, & hopefully Windows 7 won't have these same problems.

Boy this has to be the worst summer I have ever had.
KerryForrest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, found a new source for the expired file at http://www.freewebs.com/corpor.....tation.htm

It pegged me as Moderate Anarcho-Capitalist. It says this about that viewpoint:

Quote:
A Moderate Anarcho-Capitalist would support a government that had a reasonable
amount of control over the people. However a government interfering with the economy
is an absolute "No" in your books.

Protecting individual rights is your greatest priority, and sometimes an intrusive government may be necessary in people's social lives.

Ludwig von Mises is apparently my political hero, whom I have only just yesterday heard of for the first time.

This test is set up for some sort of game, Nationstates.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
Apparently, I'm a:

Capitalist-Conservative

Capitalist-Conservatives support tradition, the rule of law, and tough policies to control
the evil in society.

You would most likely be an Anti-Communist, and a promoter of freedom and democracy. You would be patriotic for your country, and quite possibly religious.
The problem with being an anti-communist, or anti-fascist these days, is that anti does not mean what it used to.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsenka wrote:
DavidK wrote:
I quizzed my motherís husband. He liked to claim he was a LPC supporter. He got Libertarian, than claimed the test was biased towards (in favour of) Conservatism. I laughed my ass off.

The test is most definitely biased. Biased against Mac users.
If it won't run on a Mac, I am not interested.

Teenage tory can throw insults if he wants, but I have forgotten more about computers than he will ever know.
teenagetory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kwlafayette, you know I'm just messing around right? Despite my dislike/lack of money for a mac, I respect them quite a bit. They are good machines.

I'm not quite so sure, about the computer thing though unless you are an it guy or something. I'm building my next computer with the earnings from my summer job :D
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a programmer, primarily in C++ on Linux.
teenagetory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well in that case, I would say you definitley know more about computers about me :P
Mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
I am a programmer, primarily in C++ on Linux.

What colour is your pocket protector? :P :lol:

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer macho pink, but sometimes I go with blaze orange just to shake things up a bit.
Mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
I prefer macho pink, but sometimes I go with blaze orange just to shake things up a bit.

A buddy of mine who is a programmer called it "power pink" but he said the blaze orange clashed with the coffee stains on his shirt(s)... ;)

-Mac

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: