Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
A horrible end to a great game!

Yep, somebody on Sask has to be feeling REALLY REALLY bad right about now. Not sure who is to blame but that ranks up there as one of the bone headed moves in Canadian sport history.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give credit to the Als, they trailed by 16 going into the 4th Quarter & came back. However at the end of the game the Als simply ran out of steam & rather then earn the win had the win given to them on a silver platter. The thing is had the rough riders had 12 men on the field the field goal would have been missed & the Als would be taking criticism for going 1-6 despite their great comeback.

They say the Als might be the greatest CFL team in history but had Saskatchewan held on it would have exposed the east as a very weak division & only prove that Montreal was not the greatest but were only simply great because their main competition was weak. So anyways there are only eight teams, it would be great to expand the teams to 12, too many already make the playoffs.

At the same time I'm having difficulty with the fact that Toronto wants an NFL team, though they have one of North America's potential markets the fact is they end up failing in almost every sport, from the Toronto Blue Jays who are unwilling to open their wallets, the Maple Leafs who just plain suck, the third tier Argo's, & the hopeful Raps turning into a hapless disaster. It seems if Toronto wants an NFL team they had better start winning as a sports city or never get a franchise.
thurmas

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silly rider fans better learn to count next time. I am so happy they lost being the bomber fan I am it was great to see the green people having to eat some humble pie.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was such a bad end to the game, a few plays go differently and the last field goal does not matter.. There were two things that combined in the second half to limit Saskatchewan's production; the coaching went to the conservative plays sections, and you could see that Durant was a bit off on his reads after the half time adjustments (things like sending the run into the blitz instead of pulling it back and throwing, or scrambling). I think both the coaches, and Durant, learned their lessons from that game. Durant is no longer a rookie, and the coaching staff I think has learned the difference between playing to win, and playing not to lose. Sask is definitely going back to the show next year; 20 and 0 the first perfect season the CFL has ever seen!

Also, they went into the prevent defense way to early. They had Calvillo on his heels the whole game with the pressure they were bringing, they should have stayed with that. They finished the game with 2 or 3 sacks on Calvillo, several rushed throws, and some knock dows.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

Jump to: