Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictions for this weekend:

Hamilton beats Montreal at home.
Riders beat Edmonton on the road.
Calgary beats BC at home.
Toronto beats Winnipeg on the road.

Tonight, all doubts that Hamilton is a real team are laid to rest, even though it won't change the playoff picture. All the games in the West are must wins from this point on. There have been some really great games this year, trickery and ingenuity that just is not possible in a 4 down tiny field league.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting week coming up in the CFL. BC is in a must win situation. Another loss takes them out of contention for first place, and also leaves them vulnerable to losing the crossover spot. Edmonton is in similar shape, loser of 3 out of their last four. Riders have to win to keep pace with Calgary, Calgary has to win to keep pace with Saskatchewan. I love how competitive the west division is. No team's season is going to be over in the west until the last game of the season. It is like starting the playoffs seven weeks before the other division.

PS. One more loss, and Toronto is simply out. Winnipeg still has a sot at second place, but they need to start winning consistently. One or two more wins, and Hamilton locks up second place. Hamilton still has the luxury of starting Porter a few more games, and continuing his development. Porter was just awful last week, he needs to learn how to put mistakes behind him and execute the next play. Hamilton also has the luxury of having a proven starter in reserve. I cannot see Bishop playing consistently enough to take Winnipeg past Hamilton, but stranger things have happened.

How can a guy pass for over 300 yards one week, then just throw pick after pick the next? Guess they need an offensive coordinator that understands Bishop.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, BC takes a must win against Sask, and Winnipeg takes a must win against Edmonton. Calgary is now alone in first, and Winnipeg is just one game back of Hamilton for second place. When the games must be won, and your team is not doing it, it is time to start thinking about next year. Edmonton is really struggling, and the Riders cannot seem to string two wins together. If the Riders lose again, they will not be hosting a home playoff game this year, is what it looks like right now.

This week, the game to watch is Hamilton and Winnipeg. Hamilton must win to secure the home playoff game, and Winnipeg must win to avoid losing out to the crossover.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing effort from Hamilton, but I have been saying that is team that looks like they are in the year before their year. Calgary seems to be in a funk, as is Edmonton. We will see if Saskatchewan can string 2 wins together this weekend.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange game in Calgary, seems like a botched call to me. The Ball is live, the QB has it, and you cannot tackle him?

Anyway, this week Hamilton beats Toronto, Calgary beats Edmonton, Sask beats BC, and Montreal beats Winnipeg.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was interesting. Riders and Stamps still tied for first, crushing defeat in a real close one for BC. I just have to say, it grates on the nerves to see Durant go 2 and out for 25 minutes of every second half. He puts one drive together in the third quarter, and the game is in the bag early. One drive, that is all he needs, but no, 2 and out.

Both the Riders and the Stamps are in, they are each guaranteed at least third place. Edmonton needs to win out for even a sniff of a chance. Winnipeg has to go into Montreal and win to guarantee second place. Riders v Hamilton will be a very important game this week. Riders need it to keep pace with Calgary, Hamilton needs it to get the edge on the Peg.
thurmas

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bombers lookin pretty good now i am glad printers had a good game wally seems to know how to use him and cfl ratings are very strong this year can't wait for playoffs.
MJC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Sask pulled off the win yesterday, although after this weekend, it'll make Saturday's game against Hamilton VERY interesting for both the East and West!
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJC wrote:
I'm glad Sask pulled off the win yesterday, although after this weekend, it'll make Saturday's game against Hamilton VERY interesting for both the East and West!
To get first, Sask pretty much has to win the last two games. Sask has the tie break with Calgary, but it is only a one point difference, so if Calgary won the last game by more than a point, they would get first. We'll see if Winnipeg can win the back to back, if they do then then Hamilton must take the win out of Regina for a chance to play at home. At this point, Edmonton is looking pretty screwed.
MJC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Edmonton has traded places with BC this year as the western team most at risk of elimination. As for Saskatchewan's chances at keeping in first in the west, I doubt that the game will be a blow-out on Saturday, either way. Their best hope is that they can win the next two games or that their troubles this weekend with BC spill over into the next game against Calgary.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here are my picks for the week.

Edmonton over Toronto
Saskatchewan over Hamilton (this will probably be the closest game)
Montreal over Winnipeg (I do not think good Bishop will show up 3 weeks in a row.)
Calgary over BC

PS. I meant, good Bishop will not show up 2 weeks in a row. Inconsistency has always been Bishop's problem.
MJC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm linking those predictions, although my dad, who is a Hamilton fan, thinks Montreal might be trying to poison Hamilton's waters by propping up Winnipeg. It's a possibility although Winnipeg might be just as dangerous a rival in the Eastern Final this year.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, between Hamilton and Winnipeg, the season series is three games, with two having been played. Each team has one win, but the point differential favors Hamilton (the won by 12 points, then lost by 10). That means Hamilton currently has the tie break. So all Hamilton has to do is win the final game of the season, and they get the home playoff game. Riders are in the same situation with Calgary; if they win the final game, they get first in the West. So actually, the Rider Hamilton game is not as important as I thought.

Conversely, if Hamilton loses that final game, they do not get the home playoff game; they will lose the tie break. Likewise Saskatchewan. Things sure are interesting this year.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, pretty dramatic. Saskatchewan takes a beating at the hands of Hamilton, but gets help from Calgary beating BC. With one game remaining, BC can finish no higher than third in the West, so no home playoff for them. Hamilton is looking strong, but probably still the year before their year. Durant I do not think has matured enough yet to win a championship, but I could be wrong; they would need Cates to step up with possibly a 200 yard performance to help him out. In my opinion, Deandra Cobb is the best back in the league, better than Ried, Reynolds, Mallet, anyone. A post season run and another training camp, and this guy starts breaking Pringle's records. I really thought Porter would take the next step this year, but he could not. The future is bright in Hamilton.

Next week is looking like the most dramatic finish to a season that I can ever remember.

Sask and Calgary play for first and second. Third place can no longer catch either of these teams.

Edmonton and BC battle for third vs possible crossover or probable out. If Winnipeg wins today or next week, or gets 2 ties, then fourth in the west is out. If Winnipeg loses out, then fourth in the west is in. I would SO love to see a season of futility in BC! I am sick and tired hearing about how many games Wally Buono has won, and how many times he has won first in the west, and how he is so good at finding quarter backs.

Winnipeg and Hamilton battle for home game or road game/possibly out. For third in the east to stay in, Winnipeg has to win one of their remaining games. If they take care of business today, then some pressure is off. Hamilton is already in with 98% certainty; with only one game remaining, and the two crossover teams playing each other, the only scenario that puts Hamilton out is a loss to Winnipeg, and a tie between BC and Edmonton. The only way the crossover happens is if the west loser has more points than the east, tied on points means no crossover. One win and Winnipeg is in.

And then a completely futile Toronto game, without any meaning to anyone. Half of that squad will be gone next year in yet another futile attempt to trade/buy their way into a Grey Cup. Toronto just has to commit to the draft and developing talent. Like all the other teams in the league. I am thinking either Buck Pierce or Jarious Jackson ends up there next year. They seem to want a pocket passer, so Buck is a better bet. As for Montreal, how do you tune up for the post season against a team that cannot compete?

Anyone who thought Printer's career was over and that he sucked, well, just keep quiet and maybe people will forget you said that. Obviously, Kelly is the worst judge of CFL quarter backing talent on the planet. Bishop just might play there again next year if he keeps it together for 2 more games. Any more 6 interception melt downs, and he is done in the CFL. But if he demonstrates that he has learned to take care of the ball, and that he is willing to be coached, then he can stay and improve with Winnipeg.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is how I see it playing out this weekend.

Sask over Calgary. (for a deep playoff, it has to be convincing, not close)
Hamilton over Winnipeg. (Hamilton is maybe looking like the new beast of the east)
Edmonton over BC. ( I so want BC to miss, but it probably won't happen)

And that is all the games that mean anything. The only player who is guaranteed to have a job next year in Toronto is Willie Pile. There is not one player on the offense who is not expendable. Defense was actually strong this year, but you need to actually score points sometimes, and let your defense rest sometimes, to win games.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: