Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think the Bombers might just be done for the year. Reading this morning that Barrin Simpson is seeking a trade. After the Lefors pay cut thing, who is going to want to sign with Winnipeg? BC might have been the last win of the season for Winnipeg. Let me say, when you are having problems with every single one of your players, maybe it is not them.

I think BC is going to win. Everyone is talking about how controversial, how the win should be taken away, how Montreal is still the best, how it is impossible for Montreal to lose this one. If I was in the BC locker room, I would have something to prove, big time, and I would be waiting to make a huge statement on the field. I would go into Montreal like this was the whole season, this was the Grey Cup. You never want to hurt the pride of the other team.

Big shakeup in Edmonton, toss a coin to see if it works tonight or not.

Hamilton is also going to win. Football is finally back in Hamilton, and Toronto is about the only team having more difficulties than Winnipeg.
Willg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE ARGOS WIN! THE ARGOS WIN! THE ARGOS WIN!
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willg wrote:

Oh my it's a miracle, & so didn't the loss cause Blue Jays. Now that's a double miracle.

Anyways loved it when the Stamps beat the needless Eski's not once but twice. :lol:
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Willg wrote:

Oh my it's a miracle, & so didn't the loss cause Blue Jays. Now that's a double miracle.

Anyways loved it when the Stamps beat the needless Eski's not once but twice. :lol:
Ray really stank that one up didn't he? That one fumble where he just dropped it all on his own, no contact, not much pressure, that was just plain ugly.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winnipeg had nothing this weekend, it was not even close. Pretty good effort by the Riders to go in there and win a game they usually don't. All the rest of the games this weekend were close, pretty good games.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is the home stretch. Going forward, here are my predictions.

Riders -- This team just keeps making steady improvements, the players are focused, the coaching is committed to developing talent rather than importing it, and management has a coherent strategy. They are poised for a real strong stretch run, possibly winning all remaining games.

Calgary -- Here is another team that seems to ge coming into their own right now. The only other team to win both games of the back to back against their historic rivals. Currently with a share of first in the West, toss a coin as to which team is the best in the west right now. Sask and the Riders meet in the final game of the season, and I predict first place and the bye in the west will be the prize. Right now, Calgary and Saskatchewan are the best two teams in the league.

Edmonton -- Did not gel like I thought they would, they still have potential though. If they can beat Calgary in their final meeting of the season, there is a chance that they can own the tie break. They have to win a lot of tough games though, against division rivals to be contesting for first down the stretch.

BC -- The bye is basically a lock, so all teams in the west are playoff bound. BC has shown some recent strength, and also some recent weakness, so we will have to wait and see which team shows up for their remaining games. 5 wins gets them to 9 and 9, probably holding the tie breaks on the Eastern teams.

Montreal -- They are as good as they are going to be, and have been all season. That is a two edged sword. With the oldest roster in the league, they are a veteran squad. That also means not a lot of young talent coming up, and no prospects to really get any better this season. They are a stationary target for all of their rivals.

Hamilton -- The up coming games against Montreal will show what this team is made of. Either they show that they can beat Montreal this year, or second place in the East division is as high as they go.

Toronto -- In a bit better shape than Winnipeg, but basically irrelevant to the playoff picture. They would have to win 6 of 8 remaining games just to get to 9 and 9. 9 wins is probably the minimum required to avoid getting knocked out by the crossover.

Winnipeg -- Next game is the season for this squad. If they do not go into Montreal and win, it is just over. They too need 6 of 8 to get to 9 and 9, and it basically has to start with their next game. One more loss, and they will have lost the fans, and the players for the remainder of the season. They have the same record as Toronto, but they are currently not in nearly as good shape.
strong conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: CFL Sucks Reply with quote

The CFL is a sub-par amateur league that mandates affirmative action for Canadian player representation.

Could anything be more pathetic than a sparesly populated, government subsidized sports league?

I'll take NCAA football any day over our pathetic home-made version. The CFL would do well to market itself as a NFL feeder league, adopt the NFL rules, and do away with the silly 110 yard field, 3 downs, and other eccentricities that keep it outside the mainstream in within the laughing stock of the sports world.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL must be truly awful this year, if NFL fans would rather be trolling Canadian political forums for CFL threads that watching games. I feel for you, but stiff upper lip, maybe the product will improve one day.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to talk about Barrin Simpson? That situation started bad, and just seems to get worse all the time. Simpson has hired an agent and stopped representing himself. He was placed in the nine game injury list, but offered a chance to play anyway. Strange and ugly, Winnipeg seems to be lacking both professionalism and competence in their organization right now.
thurmas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the deal with barrin here in peg city is that kelly wanted to only use him as a spot duty linebacker to keep the other guys fresh but barrin wanted to be an everydown middle line backer which to me is fine because he is a veteran leader who was on pace this year to brake the cfl single season tackles record. Kelly has become the Kim Campbell of the cfl. Also to the other poster slogging the cfl, the cfl is not governement run it has mandates requiring canadians to be on the roster so that it is a canadian game the governement didin't ask for that the cfl set that rule up itself. Sure its not the nfl but i love both leagues for different reasons. The cfl for its affordability, fast paced game and more finness while i like the nfl for it's wide variety of teams and games and great drama and build up every week and in the off season.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go easy on those guys slagging the CFL. It is pretty obvious that they are mad about something, maybe their team lost the season opener, maybe at home. Maybe the draft picks really didn't work out this year. Whatever it is, they think trying to make us angry is a good way to deal with it. I say it is not the healthiest, but I am no psychiatrist or anything.

As for you Barrin remarks, I like you analysis.

Just read that Buck Pierce is starting against Toronto. Hope he protects himself.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thurmas, looks like this Bramlet guy will see action this weekend. Are you excited? Given his history handling quarterbacks in Winnipeg, I see no reason to expect that his judgment has suddenly improved.

Fired Dinwiddie.
Fired Glenn.
Hired LeFors.
Hired Bishop.

I mean really, it is basically the kiss of death for Bramlet.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good effort by Hamilton last night. Bit of an error filled game on the offensive side of the ball, but they kept their focus on defense, settled down in the second half, and ground away. Hamilton is definitely a real football team again.

Hoping that BC manages to lose tonight. Always nice to get some help from the east in keeping the Rider's opponents out of first.
thurmas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its so hard to know when rookies come up here if they will be any good but personally i prefer smaller more mobile qb's and i still think lefors didn't get a fair shot because atleast he can run and he doesn't make turnovers unlike bishop and winnipeg has no receivers other than edwards. I am happy hamitlon is finally doing well since they have suffered for so long. It will be nice to see in the next few years with all the new stadiums and renovated ones with molson stadium, a new hamilton pan am ballpark,a new bomber and rider stadiums and a renovated bc place and ottawa coming back soon.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent efforts by the Riders in a loss tonight. Sometimes it is not easy to watch, but they are obviously committed to developing Durant, and he is making steady progress. I like that he is turning the ball over less and less. Durant was a pick machine early in the season.

I think you are right about the QB situation in Winnipeg, right now Kelly is making rookie mistakes, either pulling QBs too early, or waiting too long. Bramlet is not quit a rookie, he has experience as a starter. Didn't he come from NFL Europe? Hope Kelly gets better, he is obviously going to be the coach in Winnipeg for a long time. Winnipeg is still paying their last coach till 2010, so they will keep Kelly till then at least I think.

He has to get better, as I cannot see him getting any worse. Opening quater against Montreal showed some promise, but they did not build on that.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: