Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Larocque

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Does Facebook suppress criticism of Michael Jackson? Reply with quote

Yes, this is a true story. If anybody wants me to pass along information, they can PM me here and I'll provide contact info. But for now this is my story.

On Facebook I published this status update:

"does not mourn Michael Jackson"

Nothing defamatory here, just stating a fact. I'm not mourning his loss. I never stated why I don't mourn him. It's not because he's a bad musician (far from it - I've been humming some of his tunes the past few days), but it's all about Neverland, the out of court settlement with that boy and all of that ... Anyway that's a big reason I'm not joining in the mourning parade.

Twelve hours later I am locked out of my Facebook account, and without explanation, am forwarded to a page with an automated response, stating I violated their terms of service. Several queries to Facebook have gone unanswered.

Irony is - twenty of my friends either approved of the status update, or commented positively on it. So I'm not alone! But it's too much for Facebook?

So let that be a warning. If you tell your e-friends you're not mourning Michael Jackson, think twice...

Last edited by John Larocque on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
arnab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! I don't think that could be the only reason.
John Larocque

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The claim is that the system determined my account was compromised and in response they shut it down. I don't really know if that's true, but they changed my password (which was changed to yet a third password) and my account is back.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to a radio show last week and they were reporting that certain profiles that were in support of the protesting \Iranians disappeared off facebook.

About five people that had posted the |NEDA video and supportive commentary of the protesters called in to confirm that their aspects of their profiles had disappeared totally.

Just who owns facebook anyway?

Jump to: