Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

Last page of a seven page survey. How frustrating...

ScreenHunter_03 Jun. 24 21.01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.48 KB
 Viewed:  5289 Time(s)

ScreenHunter_03 Jun. 24 21.01.gif

fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

You would have to look at the wording around that. In many cases, the information is used only for statistical purposes.
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out, as a person with a disability, that doesn't make it any easier to get a job.

I worked at a job for about 9 months, and then left to consider going to university. I’ve since applied back 3 times and heard nothing in response. I had a ‘supervisor’ that came to work hangover, drunk and high too as I recall. I had co-workers that would show up 4-5 hours late to work, and sometimes not at all, leaving me the only person on that shift for 8 hours. I would go in on my days off when people called in “sick”. I would work holidays and overtime when asked – But I still get nothing back as far as going in for another job. Granted, when I told my Department Manager what was going on, he wasn’t pleased, but in the end did nothing and my ‘supervisor’ now manages his own department! - Go figure. The money is great, that’s the only reason Id return.

So believe it or not, being a minority, or being disabled doesn’t matter. If it did, I should have had my job back, even if I hadn’t done all the extras and put up with all the BS.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

fiscalconservative wrote:
Craig wrote:

You would have to look at the wording around that. In many cases, the information is used only for statistical purposes.

Statistical purposes? You mean just for the heck of it? What do you think they use the statistics for?
Libertas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They collected that information when I joined the Canadian Forces, albeit they stated it was voluntary.

Last edited by Libertas on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
First Lady

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I won't get the job...

Hey if you are looking for work; might I suggest this:

http://executivedirectorsdesk......iring.html

I promise not to ask the above questions. :lol:
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
fiscalconservative wrote:
Craig wrote:

Statistical purposes? You mean just for the heck of it? What do you think they use the statistics for?

Figuring out how many minorities apply as opposed to how many are hired. That sort of thing. I have seen those sorts of statements and around them it says they are voluntary, or for statistal purposes only. Granted, individual hiring managers could use them for their own purposes, but I doubt it would be an organized thing.
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

They use it to prove that they're a "diverse" company.

Seriously. Google "diversity report".
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

marklar wrote:
Craig wrote:

Exactly - and you can't prove you are a "diverse" company if you hire white males. Which is precisely the point of my post - I won't get the job.
CPP

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I won't get the job... Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
marklar wrote:
Craig wrote:

Exactly - and you can't prove you are a "diverse" company if you hire white males. Which is precisely the point of my post - I won't get the job.

There are also many jobs in the federal civil service, its crown agencies you wont get either unless your a bilingual francophone.
www.languagefairness.ca/
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The job market can be very demoralizing for many individuals seeking better opportunities.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
The job market can be very demoralizing for many individuals seeking better opportunities.

Unless you are a one-legged aboriginal woman.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Who told you about the secret society of one-legged aboriginal women who secretly rule the world? That the highest-powered people in the world are all one-legged aboriginal women was one of the best kept secrets in the world.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Craig wrote:

Who told you about the secret society of one-legged aboriginal women who secretly rule the world? That the highest-powered people in the world are all one-legged aboriginal women was one of the best kept secrets in the world.

And because they are not justifies making it so...
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
And because they are not justifies making it so...

Never suggested any such thing...

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: