Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teenagetory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Ontario PC Leadership Reply with quote

I'm doing a VERY unscientific poll to see who might have won the Ontario leadership race. If you have voted, would you guys mind telling me who your 1st and second choices were? Also feel free to tell me who you wanted to win even if you didn't vote or lived out of province.

Personally I liked the Hillier, largely due to his stance on property rights. My second choice was Hudak.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i voted on sunday afternoon , during this whole race i was somewhat undecided for whatever reason , no one really got me excited enough to move me out of that colum .

in the end i sort of had to go with my gut feelings on the 3 i liked the most , but either way i won't be upset if either of the candidates in my top 3 win the leadership .
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
well i voted on sunday afternoon , during this whole race i was somewhat undecided for whatever reason , no one really got me excited enough to move me out of that colum .

in the end i sort of had to go with my gut feelings on the 3 i liked the most , but either way i won't be upset if either of the candidates in my top 3 win the leadership .

I voted Hudak, Hillier, Elliot, and Klees in that order. Who did you vote for?
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Ontario PC Leadership Reply with quote

teenagetory wrote:

Personally I liked the Hillier, largely due to his stance on property rights. My second choice was Hudak.

same here, followed by klees and elliot.
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KLESS-HUDAK-HILLIER

I wasn't going to vote Elliott, not for $1,000,000.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
KLESS-HUDAK-HILLIER

Why? I'd take her over Klees. She seems more genuine even if her beliefs are misplace. Klees seems too slick for me. Plus he has the same pronoun problem that Iggy has. I also get the feeling he's a big government conservative.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was a PCPO member, I would have voted Hillier - Hudak - Elliot - Klees. I'll be very suprised if Hudak does not win the leadership.
DavidK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Randy Hillier. Randy is probably the most principled and less likely of the other three to shift from his positions when the going gets tough. Thatís the mark of a good and very honest man. The Ďproblemí with Randy Hillier is that he is too common. Heís a farm boy, pure and simple. Heís not sophisticated enough, or at least he doesnít appear to be. And people like appearances more than principle. Maybe Thatís why he was my #3 - Thatís largely why you have Barack Obama as President of the United States right now.

Tim Hudak, he will probably be the next Leader, and thatís why I chose him for my #2. Heís a young guy, has a new family, heís a former government minister with a good deal of experience behind him despite his age. I believe, like Randy he is principled and stands firm on his beliefs. That being said, he is more of a moderate, and if held to the fire he may bend. For me, he spoke too much of corperations and helping small business. And while I agree with that, I wanted to hear more on social issues. I wanted to hear about how the welfare system has failed, and those that need help, the ones that really cant help themselves, arenít getting what they need.

What really did it for me with Klees was his stance on helping families with disabled children, what he wants to do in the schools, his stance on the HRCs (educating first, not making it an election issue when so many are very apathetic and ignorant about the issue). The idea of helping graduating students... Heís a social conservative, as am I. Heís not overboard on fiscal issues, nor am I.

Elliott is:

a) a woman that wants to use the fact that sheís a woman as a baseball bat to any opposition.
b) mentioned NOTHING about social welfare and the disabled, despite that she worked with disabled persons for years Ė go figure
c) her husband Ė thatís one heck of a conflict, especially when not every PC is a Federal Conservative!
d) she reminds me too much of John Tory.
Cardiac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's the last day to vote, got to get down there.
Hillier, Hudak. Thats it. Now given the buffoon(s) that are in power today, I'll support any of the four.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Hudak
2. Klees
3.Hillier

4.Elliott
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
DavidK wrote:
KLESS-HUDAK-HILLIER

Why? I'd take her over Klees. She seems more genuine even if her beliefs are misplace. Klees seems too slick for me. Plus he has the same pronoun problem that Iggy has. I also get the feeling he's a big government conservative.

More Genuine?
Klees is the only candidate who actually has an understanding that we will not stop the HST, and has publicly mused about reducing the PST portion to make it more neutral.

He seems to be the only one dealing in reality on one of the central issues.

Thus far off all the smoke directed at my back door, the least of it has been from Klees
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Hudak
2. Hillier
3. Elliot
4. Kless
NorthernRaven

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Hillier
2. Hudak
3. Klees

4. Elliot

I choose Hillier to be number one, becase I want whomever is chossen as leader to remember the number of poeple who voted for Hillier who are the 'hard-core' liberty lovers, to not forget this crucial rural rump of the PC party.
Northern Ontario Tory

Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthernRaven wrote:
I choose Hillier to be number one, becase I want whomever is chossen as leader to remember the number of poeple who voted for Hillier who are the 'hard-core' liberty lovers, to not forget this crucial rural rump of the PC party.

Agreed. Which is why I went:
1. Hillier
2. Hudak

I was very disappointed with Team Hudak, primarily for some of the wishy-washy policies. However, I was equally disappointed that the numerous Team Hudak callers that reached me NEVER made any effort to discuss policy or try and convince me in any way to support Tim when I did not immediately jump on the bandwagon or contribute. The multiple LONG messages left on my voice mail were annoying too. I only chose Hudak as #2 because I would much prefer him over Elliott who went on to be a HUGE disappointment after the flat tax announcement.

The other 2 were left off completely.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a shame this board isn't representative of the larger PCPO membership; If it were, we'd probably be looking at a Hillier / Hudak horse race.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: