Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruben Kincaid

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Devoted Christian commits cold-blooded murder in church Reply with quote

After being caught trying to vandalize a local business, devoted Christian Scott Roeder allegedly shot the proprietor in the chest in a local church.

The suspect's ex-wife describes Roeder as having undergone a drastic personality change a decade ago after getting more involved with religion, and his beliefs may have played a role in his decision to commit this heinous act.

LINK
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Devoted Christian commits cold-blooded murder in church Reply with quote

Ruben Kincaid wrote:
After being caught trying to vandalize a local business, devoted Christian Scott Roeder allegedly shot the proprietor in the chest in a local church.

The suspect's ex-wife describes Roeder as having undergone a drastic personality change a decade ago after getting more involved with religion, and his beliefs may have played a role in his decision to commit this heinous act.

LINK

People go nuts all the time. Trying to say a religion that says "thou shalt not kill" is responsible is silly. I have never been in a church where the pastor said "go out and shoot a businessman"

There are also people that pretend to be Christians for business, personal, political or criminal reasons. People tend to trust their kids, money and votes to people who claim to be devote Christians. Making them easy prey for psychopaths.
That does not make these people Christians, it makes them actors.

To some it all up, your post is meaningless, and somewhat trollish
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extreme Secularism at work, just as bad as extreme religion. Same goals, different parties.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being caught trying to take over the Communist Party, devoted atheists Joseph Stalin allegedly killed everyone who stood in his way.

The suspect's ex-wife describes Stalin as having undergone a drastic personality change a decade ago after getting more involved with atheism, and his beliefs may have played a role in his decision to commit this heinous act.

Stalin and Mao were atheists and killed 20-40 million people.

Does this make all atheists evil?

YES!!! :twisted:
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my memory serves Mr. Rubin Kincaid ( just who names them self after a fictional character who was a fool to a nine year old red headed smart Alec kid? But I digress) may be trying to make a point, as he has in the past objected to assigning Muslims the trait of being anti female because of extremists who do honour killings, mutilations, female circumcision, keep the ladies locked in the house unless a male relative is with them, not allow them to work, deny females educational opportunities and medical attention and the like in the name of Allah.

I think he is trying to say that just because these male assholes just happen to be Muslim extremists and used their religious beliefs as a reason to commit their atrocities, it does not, I repeat does not in any way shape or form, reflect upon the religion, but is a reflection of them being asshole, Neanderthal males period.

I think that is what he is getting at, But I could have guessed wrong.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In related new, committed anti-theist trolls message board, gets lots of replies. You know that you can't make it stop by yelling at him, right?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuralandRight wrote:

Heh... me likey... :lol:

-Mac
Ruben Kincaid

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:

You're absolutely right, thank you.

Now that the point has been made explicit, who will defend the anti-Muslim drivel that chokes this forum?
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruben Kincaid wrote:
crazymamma wrote:

You're absolutely right, thank you.

Now that the point has been made explicit, who will defend the anti-Muslim drivel that chokes this forum?

1. Your suggestion that because there is violence in all religions that all religions are therefore equal is laughable. Look around the world today - try to be gay in Iran. You are pathetic.

2. I am Christian. I fear the religion that wants me to either be dead or subserviant. Why have different countries? If you like Islam live in an Islamic country. If you like Christianity live in a Christian country. What is wrong with that?
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

1. Your suggestion that because there is violence in all religions that all religions are therefore equal is laughable. Look around the world today - try to be gay in Iran. You are pathetic.

To be fair, there are peaceful interpretations of Islam, just like there are violent interpretations of Christianity. At this point in history, obviously ,the violent, oppressive interpretations are more powerful in Islam than in Christianity. Thats not always been the case though. If you go back to the midde ages, Christianity was much more savage.

Also, If you look at all the terror attacks perpetrated by the Islamists, there main target as not be the West, its been moderate Islam. I agree that there is certainly a lot of violence right now, but you cannot view Islam as a unified evil force.
They have their divisions just Christianity. I am a Christian as well, and I would prefer not to judged by the actions of the Chrisitian Idendity movement.

Jump to: