Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teenagetory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: NS PC Leader Reply with quote

any ideas for who will lead the PC's in Nova Scotia after Rodney resigns? I can only think of one so far.

Peter Kelly: Popular mayor of Halifax. Stereotypical Red Tory.
patrickinNS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris d'entremont + he could do it and bring in party workers from all NS and begin to rebuild the party rural roots.
teenagetory

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive heard the herald muse about judy streatch running too
patrickinNS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the party wants to win they wont tag Judy - she will forever be scarred by her son crashing a government leased vehicle.

Think she will still have legislature seat by Wednesday morning?
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not count our Rodney MacDonald yet! I believe it will be tight. The Liberals and NDP vote will split, and the party will not be in as bad a shape as everyone predicts.
teenagetory

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of the problem though, most of the people i know dont think of it as a lib/ndp vs con thing like it is at the federal level, its more of a pc/lib vs ndp thing. for example in my riding the pc candidate is a popular city councilor, the incumbent liberal is a popular mla who used to have the pc candidate's city council seat, and a union boss for the ndp. most non ndp supporters are going to be voting liberal just to stop the union boss from getting in. :(

This includes my father who has voted either PC or Reform/Alliance in every election for the past 20 years but is voting liberal in order to "keep those damn unions out of the taxpayer's pocket! :x ", and unfortunately Rodney seems to be governing from the Joe Clark/John Tory school of thought. I look forward to actually getting my PC membership once Rodney's out so I can vote for the new guy.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the recession ends for the rest of Canada the recession will not for Nova Scotia. Count your chickens by the time the NDP are through with Nova Scotia Newfoundland will be in better shape, & we will become the favorite target of ridicule by Alberta.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
...we will become the favorite target of ridicule by Alberta.

I wouldn't worry about that too much. Thanks to Stelmach, we've wasted yet another boom, and Saskatchewan is laughing their way to the bank (not that I'm opposed to Saskatchewan's success - good on them!). It will take a decade for us to repair the damage to the industry and to restore our reputation as a serious and stable buisiness partner.
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those are terrible candidates (though I like Peter Kelly, I think there are too many people that don't).

If they're smart they'll fix their mistake and get Neil Leblanc to run again and this time elect him.
Big Tuna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
I would not count our Rodney MacDonald yet! I believe it will be tight. The Liberals and NDP vote will split, and the party will not be in as bad a shape as everyone predicts.

haha Rodney's definitely done (thank god)... and I wouldn't be too proud of calling him "our".
teenagetory

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally think neil leblanc has totally gotten out of politics, as he did not run in this or the previous election. i think he would be a great candidate though.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after seeing the results on tv i somehow doubt a new leader is going to save things for the pc's who might of only won 10 seats and not even be the official opposition but thats still being figured out .
i'd say they need to focus on policy and trying to figure out what exactly went wrong with there previous minority government and why the province turned on them so harshly .
Libertas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at the results now and it looks like all of the PC support shifted to the NDP. That is unless previous Liberal support made the shift and the PC's made a shift to the Liberals.

Either way, did Rodney MacDonald do something so horrible that it would justify this kind of result. I can't help but wonder if this could lead to a slow death for the Tories while the Liberals somehow become the right of centre party.
teenagetory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PC's have been in this situation before. John Hamm made the leap from third place to a majority government in 1999. I think if we turf out Rodney and start running from the right of centre instead of being the NDP's B team, the party still has a fighting chance.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever it maybe the party needs to be revived.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: