Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Why I am an Abortion Doctor Reply with quote

http://www.nationalpost.com/mo.....?id=283931

Quote:
I am honoured to be speaking today, and honored to call Henry Morgentaler my friend.

I have been an abortion provider since 1972. Why do I do abortions, and why do I continue to do abortions, despite two murder attempts?
The first time I started to think about abortion was in 1960, when I was in secondyear medical school. I was assigned the case of a young woman who had died of a septic abortion. She had aborted herself using slippery elm bark.
I had never heard of slippery elm. A buddy and I went down to skid row, and without too much difficulty, purchased some slippery elm bark to use as a visual aid in our presentation. Slippery elm is not sterile, and frequently contains spores of the bacteria that cause gas gangrene. It is called slippery elm because, when it gets wet, it feels slippery. This makes it easier to slide slender pieces through the cervix where they absorb water, expand, dilate the cervix, produce infection and induce abortion. The young woman in our case developed an overwhelming infection. At autopsy she had multiple abscesses throughout her body, in her brain, lungs, liver and abdomen.

I have never forgotten that case.

Quote:
I can take an anxious woman, who is in the biggest trouble she has ever experiences in her life, and by performing a five-minute operation, in comfort and dignity, I can give her back her life.
After an abortion operation, patients frequently say "Thank You Doctor." But abortion is the only operation I know of where they also sometimes say "Thank you for what you do."
I want to tell you one last story that I think epitomizes the satisfaction I get from my privileged work. Some years ago I spoke to a class of University of British Columbia medical students. As I left the classroom, a student followed me out. She said: "Dr. Romalis, you won't remember me, but you did an abortion on me in 1992. I am a secondyear medical student now, and if it weren't for you I wouldn't be here now."

This guy never addresses the life of the child that he took. He says he ga\ve these womenback their lives or saved their lives. He saved many women from horrible death sickness or mutilation. Yet he never mentions the dead child that was the product of his work.

He describes some life threatening situations such as a Hindu girl:
Quote:
Let me tell you about an abortion patient I looked after recently. She was 18 years old, and 18-19 weeks pregnant. She came from a very strict, religious family. She was an only daughter, and had several brothers. She was East Indian Hindu and her boyfriend was East Indian Muslim, which did not please her parents. She told me if her parents found out she was pregnant she would be disowned and kicked out of the family home. She also told me that her brothers would murder her boyfriend, and I believed her. About an hour after her operation I and my nurse saw her and her boyfriend walking out of the clinic hand in hand, and I said to my nurse, "Look at that. We saved two lives today."

If people would have protected sex this wouldn't happen. It's great that he is saving gilrs from hardship but look at the cost. Boggles the mind that he can take joy in delivering babies and at the same time kill them before they are born.

This article makes me feel sick. So sweet in describing what a great surverice to humanity he is providing, but I can't help but think that joesph Mengala thought the same thing
Libertas

votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Jonas had an excellent column on abortion earlier this week.

http://network.nationalpost.co.....-meet.aspx
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abortionists can never justify their reasoning for providing abortions unless they do not recognize the foetus as a human. By the way, foetus or fetus is the Latin work for baby!
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on now. I have been told many times, right here on this Blogging Tories discussion board, that rutting like sheep in heat, indiscriminately dropping your pants, is a basic human right, and that behaving yourself is just racist, neanderthal hating. The west is over. In about 20 years, these liberals and abortionists are going to get to live to the world they created and thought they wanted. And welcome to it.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Come on now. I have been told many times, right here on this Blogging Tories discussion board, that rutting like sheep in heat, indiscriminately dropping your pants, is a basic human right, and that behaving yourself is just racist, neanderthal hating. The west is over. In about 20 years, these liberals and abortionists are going to get to live to the world they created and thought they wanted. And welcome to it.

In 20 years, abortions doctors will be out of “business”. Abortions are on the decrease, at least in Canada.
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Come on now. I have been told many times, right here on this Blogging Tories discussion board, that rutting like sheep in heat, indiscriminately dropping your pants, is a basic human right,

Isn't it ? What possible business is it of the state (or you) to interfer with what two consenting adults do in the bedroom ? Thats not the way I live my life, but it is none of by business to interfer with peoples sexual practices. This isn't Afganistan. If you prefer their brand of social conservatism, you can always move :-)

I could also add that "rutting like sheep" does not cause abortions. "Rutting like sheep without using protection does"

kwlafayette wrote:

that behaving yourself is just racist, neanderthal hating.

I must have missed that.

kwlafayette wrote:

The west is over. In about 20 years, these liberals and abortionists are going to get to live to the world they created and thought they wanted. And welcome to it.

Liberals and abortionists are not the same thing. Abortion comes down to the question "is a fetus a human being". I am not going to debate the answer to that question. I am just pointing out that it does not have anything to do with being liberal or conservative. Social Conservatives have their take on it, but thats primarily due to religious beliefs.
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
kwlafayette wrote:

In 20 years, abortions doctors will be out of “business”. Abortions are on the decrease, at least in Canada.

This is actually because of safe sex education and better availability of contraception to the young.
I always amazes me that the anti-abortion crowd has actually caused abortions by restricting the above.
darkstorme

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiscalconservative wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:
kwlafayette wrote:

This is actually because of safe sex education and better availability of contraception to the young.
I always amazes me that the anti-abortion crowd has actually caused abortions by restricting the above.

Hear, hear. Anti-abortionists really ought to be the most fervent supporters of broad-spectrum sex education, the free distribution of prophylactics, and anything that takes the mystery and taboo away from sex.

I'd wager that Sue Johanson has done more to reduce the need for abortion than any one anti-abortion activist.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent point!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is such a non sequitor. Me advocating abstinence instead of birth control does not "cause abortions". A woman spreading her legs when she doesn't want a baby causes abortions. What ever happened to personal responsiblity? I got pregnent because Joe made it hard to get condoms. It is his fault. Now I MUST have an abortion. Give me a break!!!!
fiscalconservative

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

That is such a non sequitor. Me advocating abstinence instead of birth control does not "cause abortions".

I am speaking here of the portion of the anti-abortion movement that wishes to restrict sex education and contraceptives. There is nothing wrong with advocating abstinence, its the people who combine that with attempts to restrict sex education and contraception. Abstience -especially among teenagers -would certainly deal with a lot of social ills. You are never going to win that argument with your average teenage boy, however. You need a fall back position - contraception and education.

Craig wrote:

A woman spreading her legs when she doesn't want a baby causes abortions.

You have to add the phrase "without contraception". We don't have the right (or a way) to tell a woman when and when not to "spread her legs".

Craig wrote:

What ever happened to personal responsiblity? I got pregnent because Joe made it hard to get condoms. It is his fault. Now I MUST have an abortion. Give me a break!!!!

I really don't know what happened to personal responsibility, but there ain't much of it out there. If you could invent a personal responsibility pill, then I would be all for it. Until that day comes, we have to focus on a different type of pill/device.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have the right (or a way) to tell a woman when and when not to "spread her legs".

She can spread her legs as wide and as often as she wants. But we can tell her (actually we can't but should be able to) that she can't kill the baby that results from spreading her legs.

Quote:
Until that day comes, we have to focus on a different type of pill/device.

The pill exists - it is called prison.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am just pointing out that it does not have anything to do with being liberal or conservative. Social Conservatives have their take on it, but thats primarily due to religious beliefs.

As opposed to "which way is the wind blowing beliefs".

Quote:
I am speaking here of the portion of the anti-abortion movement that wishes to restrict sex education and contraceptives.

You must be watching American TV. Never heard of religious groups getting much traction with restricting sex ed and contraceptions in Canada.
fiscalconservative

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
We don't have the right (or a way) to tell a woman when and when not to "spread her legs".

She can spread her legs as wide and as often as she wants. But we can tell her (actually we can't but should be able to) that she can't kill the baby that results from spreading her legs.

Quote:
Until that day comes, we have to focus on a different type of pill/device.

The pill exists - it is called prison.

Sex prison ? Good luck :-)

I understand your motiviations for fighting abortion, but it is a battle you can never win. Even if every state and province banned abortion, there is still Mexico.

The way I look at it, abstinance and laws will not work. If you really want to stop abortion, your best bet is to focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies.

There is, perhaps a trade off here. If you make birth control easily available, you probably do increase pre-marital sex/ teenage sex.

The question is, would you trade more teenage sex for fewer abortions ?
fiscalconservative

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
I am just pointing out that it does not have anything to do with being liberal or conservative. Social Conservatives have their take on it, but thats primarily due to religious beliefs.

As opposed to "which way is the wind blowing beliefs".

Quote:
I am speaking here of the portion of the anti-abortion movement that wishes to restrict sex education and contraceptives.

You must be watching American TV. Never heard of religious groups getting much traction with restricting sex ed and contraceptions in Canada.

I was speaking more of the American model (although I do remember a hassle when I was in sex ed waaaay back).

On the other hand, right now, if you are a 15 yearold, how do you get the pill ? Would you support a law that allowed a 15 yearold to go get the pill no questions asked and no parental notification (and no cost)? How about easy access to other condoms ?

I don't find this really appealing, but I don't see how we have a choice. Craig is right, there is a lack of personal responsibility here - a huge lack. I just think we are making it worse by not trying to limit the damage.

Its a lot like the idea of "hey, lets prevent drug addicts from getting clean needles so they will stop shooting herion" and thus be better off (them blame the resulting AIDS epidemic on drug users). We have to accept the little evil (teenage sex) in order to lower the greater evil - abortion.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: